Honeymoon in Hawaii Trip Report! Day 4 completed 3/9!

And finally, we made it to the WWII bunker! Unfortunately some dude set up a tent to fish right there so we didn't really get to hang out that much around it or take good pics of it. Again, next time!
DSCN1612.jpg

Saw this on the way back, a heart made out of drift wood. I wonder if it was used for a proposal or something?
DSCN1620.jpg

DSCN1638.jpg

DSCN1654.jpg

Soon we were back at the stables.
DSCN1660.jpg

DSCN1662.jpg

DSCN1667.jpg

Once we got back to the hotel, it was around 11am and we were feeling adventurous. We decided we wanted to go see this famous town we heard so much about, Haleiwa (Holly-Way), to check out what a small town in Hawaii looks like. We had heard that the bus system in Oahu was great so we found out what time the bus would be at TBR by and went to the bus stop.

Just waiting in the parking lot.
DSCN1668.jpg

DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1674.jpg

Soon the bus came and it was about a 20 minute ride I believe. Once we got there we got off at the first stop we saw because we didn't know if it would pass Haleiwa, so we had to walk a little ways before we actually got to Haleiwa.

DSCN1675.jpg

DSCN1683.jpg

DSCN1681.jpg

We weren't really sure of where to go while we were there so we were kinda lost. We just walked down the street and stopped in a swimsuit store, then went into a grocery store. After that we decided we were hungry for some lunch so we walked down the street and tried to decide what to have. Only after we went to Hawaii did I see a show about Haleiwa and it's famous restaurants! We opted for Mexican food at a place called Luibueno's, which is not famous but we both still thought it was very good.
DSCN1684.jpg

Once we sat down I was in the mood for an alcoholic beverage. I decided to go with a Mango Margarita, and DH had a pineapple something... I don't remember. Mine was delicious, but DH didn't like his as much.
IMG_0268.jpg

For food I got the pollo asada tacos (chicken) and they were very good! Since they were so good, I found a picture of them on the Luibueno's website since I failed to snap a picture. :laughing: Is this cheating? :blush:
myfood.jpg

DH ordered the Baja style carne asada burrito. He really enjoyed his food as well.
mattsfood.jpg

Once we paid the bill we went back onto the street and headed over to a souvenir stand. I bought a package of sea shells and I'll show you what I did with them and a few other souvenirs at the end of this TR. :goodvibes
DSCN1679.jpg

DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

I'll stop there for now. I hope you are all enjoying my TR! It is so fun for me to relive the memory. :goodvibes

We were pretty much done walking around so we headed over to the bus stop to go back to TBR. On the ride back two boys with long blond hair and without shoes got on the bus, reminding us we were definitely in Hawaii and they probably did a lot of surfing. :lmao: Once back to the resort we got off at the early stop on purpose so we could just walk back and enjoy the scenery of Turtle Bay! :flower3:

DSCN1685.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

DSCN1689.jpg

DSCN1691.jpg

Snail! :snail:
DSCN1693.jpg

The adventure center! I still have their number in my contacts. I'll never get rid of it!
DSCN1698.jpg

DSCN1702.jpg

I need to grow this plant. Badly. It's so pretty!
DSCN1703.jpg

DSCN1705.jpg

The lobby.
DSCN1708.jpg

DSCN1710.jpg

DSCN1711.jpg

Before going back to our room we decided to go up to the top floor and see out of the windows next to the elevator. What a view!
DSCN1717.jpg

DSCN1722.jpg

We caught up on some rest and watched some more Scenic Hawaii 1000. The aerial view of the Big Island of Hawaii was another one of my favorites! At some point that day I made reservations for 6pm that night at Ola, one of the nicer restaraunts at TBR. DH wasn't with me so I told them it was our honeymoon so maybe we'd get a free piece of cake or something. :thumbsup2 After such a long day of hiking and walking we were ready to get our grub on! Soon it was time to head down for our reservations. Our hostess was pretty odd. He sat us at a table inside (well not "inside" but under a roof, the walls are open) even though I put a request for an outdoor table by the beach. It was wednesday and the place was pretty empty. We told him we would rather sit outside and he said "Oh I can't do that..." and walked away. Our server eventually came and I guess he saw the request written down somewhere because he moved us to an outdoor table and apologized. :confused3 It was confusing. Our server kept saying it was our anniversary dinner, and we decided not to correct him and just laughed at the fact that our requests and stuff were messed up!

Continued in next post :)

This was our view.
DSCN1728.jpg

For drinks, DH got a pineapple juice and I got a banana smoothie.
DSCN1731.jpg

Soon they lit the tiki lights that I loved sooo much.
DSCN1735.jpg

For dinner, DH got the New York steak which came with a side of potatoes and veggies. He loved the steak and potatoes but I ate his veggies for him. :) DH snapped both pictures of the food.
IMG_0059.jpg

I got the Kalua Pork & goat cheese nachos. I imagined them to be like any other serving of nachos, but they were six big chips with the pork and cheese on top. It was an appetizer. I didn't like them as much as DH did.
IMG_0060.jpg

After dinner our server came out with a piece of kona coffee cheese cake for us to share for our "anniversary." DH didn't know what Kona meant at the time and I decided not to tell him, because if he knew it was coffee he would immediately not like it. He LOVED this cheese cake though. After the fact I told him it was coffee and he was pretty surprised. He is like a child sometimes. :lmao: No picture. It was devoured before I could even think of it. :sad1:

We would definitely eat here again. I will just make sure I get an entree instead of an appetizer next time! popcorn::

After dinner we went for a little walk around to catch the sunset once again. The sunset is a must see in Hawaii. It is kinda funny because all over the resort (and when we were in Waikiki as well) that is the time when everyone's camera comes out to take all the pictures.

DSCN1763.jpg

DSCN1770.jpg

DSCN1774.jpg

It was such a nice ending to another awesome day in Hawaii! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I loved reading your posts and viewing those beautiful pictures. You are such a cute couple. Hubby and I have been to Waikiki 7 times, but now will consider staying at Turtle Bay. We are taking family trip to Aulani 4 days/3 nights for Christmas. It will be 4 yr old granddaughter's 2nd trip to Hawaii. We will stay in condo after Aulani. You and your husband have such a wonderful attitude. Glad everything worked out for you since you couldn't rent a car.

The next day was our last full day at the Turtle Bay Resort, so we didn't have much of anything planned so we could just enjoy the resort for the day. Then we'd be headed off to Waikiki for our last two days of our honeymoon. This morning we woke up and went to the pool area to watch the surfers again before grabbing some muffins and pineapple juice from the breakfast cafe in the lobby.

DSCN1778_zps9ab4b2ee.jpg

DSCN1781_zpsd2634411.jpg

DSCN1787_zps5d8ece01.jpg

Then we went back up to our hotel to eat our breakfast and sat at our nice little table and looked out at this million dollar view!

DSCN1788_zps116d5e15.jpg

Today we decided to go for another hike, but to go on the east trail instead of the west. Lots of trees!

DSCN1793_zps27b0840f.jpg

DSCN1795_zps5cbd3ba5.jpg

DSCN1804_zps4264ae5a.jpg

DSCN1805_zpsa369d1b2.jpg

Golf course!
DSCN1806_zps63e4e79e.jpg

Cute little hut.
DSCN1813_zpsf851f1ce.jpg

We got to the end of the gold course and turned around to look at the beach again, where we made an exciting discovery..

DSCN1814_zps2a68faa6.jpg

Seals!! A mommy and her baby :cutie:

DSCN1815_zps2949d227.jpg

DSCN1819_zps7f405d8a.jpg

So pretty!!
DSCN1825_zpse62eea7f.jpg

DSCN1828_zpse389e46e.jpg

We were getting hungry so we started heading back to the resort to get some lunch.

DSCN1832_zps514a63fd.jpg

It was starting to rain.
DSCN1839_zps95190500.jpg

DSCN1840_zps9e9241b1.jpg

We went to Lei Lei's for lunch. DH ordered a burger and I ordered a chicken dish with rice and salad. It was great! We both enjoyed our meals. This is the pond outside of the restaurant.

IMG_0061_zps84086996.jpg

After lunch we went back up to our room and I fell asleep for a little while. After a while we went back outside to the pool area for drinks and watch the surfers again. We kinda wished we had more money to do more "exciting" things but looking back I know we still had a good time. It's fun to just relax every once in a while! We are just so used to running around 12-16 hours a day on our Disney trips. :p

First we went to the Hang 10 bar to get the BEST drinks we had on this trip. The Lava Flows!! I guess it is a good thing I didn't discover these until the last day at TBR. But I have been craving one ever since!
lavaflow_zpse0e77e77.jpg

The lovely beach cottages!
DSCN1849_zps3c0c7a3f.jpg

DSCN1855_zps0830513f.jpg

DSCN1858_zpseecd096e.jpg

Kitty!
DSCN1862_zps0a6591c9.jpg

Looking up from in a hammock.
DSCN1876_zpsf15de5f1.jpg

DSCN1880_zps1302cc3f.jpg

Look at all those surfers!
DSCN1884_zpsf7f9c333.jpg

DSCN1889_zps850444e2.jpg

Hawaii is quite picturesque. I don't think it can take a bad picture. :)
DSCN1895_zps85950b33.jpg

DSCN1907_zps06bcc2f4.jpg

DSCN1910_zps27a456f7.jpg

Plumerias! My favorite flowers.
DSCN1940_zps3b3c9f6c.jpg

DSCN1941_zps946e6a88.jpg

DSCN1943_zps5e8ea038.jpg

This is the gift shop.
DSCN1947_zps462a6e45.jpg

Other side of the resort.
DSCN1958_zps6decaffb.jpg

Ola!
DSCN1963_zpseccd34c2.jpg

That is all for today. Tomorrow we were headed off to Waikiki for some more beach time and an all day circle tour of Oahu! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I loved reading your posts and viewing those beautiful pictures. You are such a cute couple. Hubby and I have been to Waikiki 7 times, but now will consider staying at Turtle Bay. We are taking family trip to Aulani 4 days/3 nights for Christmas. It will be 4 yr old granddaughter's 2nd trip to Hawaii. We will stay in condo after Aulani. You and your husband have such a wonderful attitude. Glad everything worked out for you since you couldn't rent a car.

Thank you! :goodvibes I am glad you like the pictures. Turtle Bay is amazing and we were happy we decided to step out of our comfort zone and do something different! How exciting that you are going to Aulani!! I am sure you will love Hawaii. Aulani looks like a great hotel and we definitely plan to stay there one day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter