honeymoon passholders

EjandMD

Two Normal People Obsessed With WDW
We are both passholders and I convinced Eric that we should not make reservations until the AP rates come out. We are getting married Sept. 13th and plan to be in Disney on the 14th sometime (we are driving from Ohio). I know typically they will not come out until July sometime and that's okay with me. But I am wondering if anyone else has honeymooned on their AP rate and did they get a upgrade since it was their honeymoon. As well if you have any other advice please share.

Thanks,
Michelle

Great choice in wedding date -- that is my birthday! I would go ahead and make your reservations now at rack rate since you only have to put down one night's deposit. It is much easier to switch to the AP rate (if available) if you already have an existing reservation. Plus the fact that if you wait too long, your preferred hotel/room type may not be available for the length of your stay and you may have to change rooms or resorts. Many of our wedding guests have been holding out on reservations. I had to make sure that our wedding party was aware that if they wait until after May 17 our room block will be gone and our Dreams Unlimited agent that made our honeymoon reservations told me that the All Star Movies resort is sold out during the period of our wedding -- so again, I would definitely get a reservation now, because you should have the room and resort the two of you really want for this special event!
As for the upgrades, I haven't really heard of it happening very often. There have been a few posters on the disneymooners list that have had upgrades, but it seems to only be during low season when they have unoccupied rooms. I wouldn't count on it -- but hopefully you'll get an extra special surprise when you arrive!
Good luck!

Good point on reserving for the sake of reserving! We'll do!

Happy wedding,
Michelle

Originally posted by marn913
There have been a few posters on the disneymooners list that have had upgrades, but it seems to only be during low season when they have unoccupied rooms.
That part of september is about as low as you can get, LOL! We were there last year from the 6th-15th & the parks were EMPTY! We stayed at 2 resorts and they were at low occupancy as well.

An upgrade looks pretty likely to me. :)

If you are thinking of a splurge at all, September is also a good time to rent DVC points. A 1 bedroom unit with a big jacuzzi would be wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter