Hong Kong help....

pumba1

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am planning a trip to Hong kong Disneyland. I am hoping someone out there has been and can answer my questions!1

1. what charachters did you see in the park and character meal? Were there others other than Mickey and friends, and pooh and friends? Their website leaves alot ot be desired :)

2. How many days do you need to see the park at a slow persons pace?

3. Are pooh shaped people able to do the rides like in other disney parks?

4. Travel time by train from Hong Kong Island to the park?

5. souvineers, what is available, are ther e big sizes too? Are they in HK dollars or US dollars?

Thanks for your help in advance

I went in October....

1. Just the same characters you wuld see anywhere else...I do not know about character meals, did not do any.

2. One day would be MORE than enough......We were in a hurry and kinda ran through, but we did it in half a day...easily...even stopped for lunch......

3. I am pooh sized and had no problems.

4. I do not know how long it took, I was coming from mainland China, so it took me much longer because of customs, etc...

5. I think they had big sizes, but not plus sizes....I could be wrong, but it seems weird to me that I am not wearing a mickey shirt from Hong Kong as I type. Maybe they had some shirts in plus sizes, and I didn't like them. Sorry, not much help, I know. They were in HK dollars. US prices:)

Not to be missed: Jungle Cruise...it is GREAT having all of this done in English with a very, VERY heavy accent...you think you know what they are saying....BUT???? Very surreal....

Hi,

Thank you. So other than Mickaey minnie etc and eeyore pooh etc, and the princessess, no other different charachters? Were there lots out at once? I love seeing different charachters!

1. what charachters did you see in the park and character meal? Were there others other than Mickey and friends, and pooh and friends? Their website leaves alot ot be desired

The characters we saw this week were:

Main Street: Donald, Goofy & Pluto, Mickey & Minnie (Christmas), Santa!
Castle: Snow White, Belle, Aurora, Cinderella w/ mice, Mulan & Mushu
Fantasyland: Alice, Marie, Merlin, Queen of Hearts & the White Rabbit
Fantasy Gardens: Minnie, Mickey, Chip 'n Dale, Pooh & Tigger, Donald
Tomorrowland: Buzz, PUSH the talking trashcan!
Adventureland: Turkina, Timon
Parade: Green Army Men, Dwarves, Ariel, Woody & Jessie
Hollywood Hotel: Donald & Daisy, Santa Goofy

Although Mulan has a pavillion in Fantasy Gardens, she and Mushu are most often found in front of Plaza Inn. A CM told me they are not so popular. Chip 'n Dale in Chinese vests & hats occupy her pavillion in Fantasy Gardens.
Lines for Buzz and Pooh & Tigger were long! We joked they should make them a Fastpass attraction!

2. How many days do you need to see the park at a slow persons pace?

We spent three days, but I think you could do it in two. We visited nine of the 11 giftshops, had a silhouette cut, ate in five of the nine restaurants, rode rides more than once, took advantage of Fastpass, saw the parade once and saw the fireworks twice. I know some people do only one day, but honestly I don't know how they would do this unless they were die-hard commando with an impecable plan.....and no dining, no shopping, no character greeting and no kids in the group.

The challenge is that the park gets pretty crowded in the afternoon. By 11 a.m. Fantasyland is very crowded and standby for Pooh is regularly 100+ minutes with all Fastpasses distributed by 1-2 p.m. You MUST be at Festival of the Lion King and The Golden Mickeys 45-60 min before the show to get in. They fill up very quickly. Try to go to the first shows of the day. We were there on Mon, Tue & Wed. In the morning, we were able to do 5 attractions in 2 hours. In the afternoon, we averaged 45 min per activity.

3. Are pooh shaped people able to do the rides like in other disney parks?

Yes, I am Pooh-shaped and had no problems. As a matter of fact, I thought the turnstiles were more roomy than WDW.

4. Travel time by train from Hong Kong Island to the park?

MTR site says 23½ min. Only 10 min from the airport. http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/whatsnew/drllaunch/drllaunch_e.htm

5. souvineers, what is available, are ther e big sizes too? Are they in HK dollars or US dollars?

The merchandise selection is a bit disappointing. There is not a lot of variety from shop to shop. Asian XL is equivalent to US Medium, so don't expect to find Pooh-sized apparel. T-shirts & fleece were mostly Mickey motif'd. There is plush, keychains, mugs, porcelain, toys, pins, magic towels (washcloths), snowglobes, frames, scarves, and one style of men's boxers (white w/ Mickey embroidery). All priced in HK$ (HK$7.70=US$1 or HK$100=US$13). Pressed pennies are HK$10 and the blank penny is preloaded in the machine. Let me know if you have any specific merchandise questions and I will try to remember more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter