• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

honking attractions

I don't think the OP want's a serious discussion about motion sickness, but rather funny stories or bad combinations of food & ride that made one sick. This should probably be on the TPC board though. Also, honk is a pretty common word for vomiting, or maybe I have watched too much Wayne's World too. See also "spew."

The only place I got physically sick at WDW was at Epcot, about the year Captain EO opened:
  1. Huge Strawberry Milkshake (acquired from The Land pavilion I think)
  2. About 105 degree or more heat (it was July or August)
  3. Waiting in line outside for the then very popular Captain EO
  4. = BIG bright pink splat right in front of the doors!
In my memory the entire line behind us took a large step to the left in unison. I don't know if that really happened. The CMs were SUPER nice about it all.

I thought honking was gas too. I would not want to be on star tours with someone who was having bad gas....:scared:

:confused3 and the point of this thread is??????
My idea was we could all share stories about times we honked (puked) after eating questionable QS and riding a motion-intense attraction. So then people would know which rides to avoid after eating greasy pizza/fries/turkey legs.

But it turns out there was a similar thread recently so this entire thread is redundant.

I feel so much shame!

I think one of the Main Street Vehicles has a horn they can honk. That's the only honking ride I know of.

I want stories about when you, personally, honked on/after a ride.

We still revisit "Jon's Pukeful Spot" yearly, but fortunately, just for the memory :)

After holding back the vomit on Haunted Mansion, we rode It's a Small World, where I all but jumped out of the boat toward an emergency exit. I was able to keep it in as we started to head for the park exit, but lost it over a railing, into some bushes, a stone's throw from Crystal Palace.

In my case, however, the culprit was not a ride, but a stomach virus.

My idea was we could all share stories about times we honked (puked) after eating questionable QS and riding a motion-intense attraction. So then people would know which rides to avoid after eating greasy pizza/fries/turkey legs.

But it turns out there was a similar thread recently so this entire thread is redundant.

I feel so much shame!
:D LOL! I have a friend who moved here from the southwest who calls everything that is really large honking, as in "that's a big honking bruise". I don't know if it's a Southwestern phrase, but that's what I thought when i saw the thread heading, that it was about some really large attractions!!

:D LOL! I have a friend who moved here from the southwest who calls everything that is really large honking, as in "that's a big honking bruise". I don't know if it's a Southwestern phrase, but that's what I thought when i saw the thread heading, that it was about some really large attractions!!
We use that here in the south too. Maybe it's just a southern phrase. Or is he old? It could be an old folks phrase

We use that here in the south too. Maybe it's just a southern phrase. Or is he old? It could be an old folks phrase
Now that I think of it, she lived in Georgia, then moved to Arizona before settling in NH. It just might be her southern phrase! :) She's my age so she's not old!! ;)

Star Tours. You walk out down that hallway. Thank goodness it has trashcans. Though I hadn't eaten anything, so it was all gatorade and water.

when my cat eats her food too fast she'll run over to my nice throw rug and honk.

She'll never honk on the wood floors, it always has to be on the rug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter