• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hook’s Barbery Price List On The Wish?

sadliltear

Earning My Ears
Hi! Has anyone seen a price list for Hook’s Barbery?

I was just wondering how much a regular shave was. I see that prices start at $29 but that really doesn’t say much.

Thanks!

I'm curious about this too. My husband is excited about having a full old fashioned shave and one of the smoked old fashioneds as well.

Also wondering if you book through Senses or if it is a separate entity. My hubby always gets a shave at the Spa.

In DCL Fan FB page a couple people said it wasn't available to book at their excursion booking window opening, but popped up at 30 days out and is it's own reservation.

I just found it for my cruise that is 31 days out. It's listed under Spa and Fitness and it was under Barber Service. It had this information:

Get a shave fit for a captain at this upscale barbery inspired by Captain Hook’s private quarters aboard the Jolly Roger in Walt Disney’s animated classic Peter Pan. Book your appointment today and choose from a selection of treatments:

• Express shave
  • Beard trim and tidy up
  • Sailor’s first hair cut
  • Wet cut, style and dry (short hair)

I haven't yet, but I have a manicure scheduled for the first sea day there (this Friday!) and if I see one I'll take a picture of it.

Ohhh let me know how it goes. I've got my manicure booked in there (even though I'm female so not sure whether I was meant to) because I wanted to try out the secret bar lol

Ohhh let me know how it goes. I've got my manicure booked in there (even though I'm female so not sure whether I was meant to) because I wanted to try out the secret bar lol
I don't think Disney's going to say anything about you going to be barber instead of the salon. They would get some pretty bad coverage if people found out that they were doing that sort of thing these days. I noticed that the barber service list mentioned "short hair", but not "men's hair". My salon does it the same way now. Short hair is one price, long hair costs more, regardless of sex/gender.

Enjoy your cruise!

There is some pricing listed here for salon services including the manicure and pedicures

Last edited:
I’m female too and booked a fire ice manicure there for the same reason lol. Definitely want to try a drink and the manicure is $20 less than Untangled is charging. Maybe that means only a clear polish option, but that’s fine with me. Looking forward to it.

Yep, I’m a woman too. It’s their fault for making the space awesome and cheaper ! 😂 I’ve never had a manicure before and am just thinking really basic so it should work fine. I did make a hair appointment in Detangled though since I have long hair.

On the flip side, my husband and I (both male) are using both untangled and hook for mani/pedi as hook only has one chair for it. So we are going to each do one part in one then flip to the other.

Yep, I’m a woman too. It’s their fault for making the space awesome and cheaper ! 😂 I’ve never had a manicure before and am just thinking really basic so it should work fine. I did make a hair appointment in Detangled though since I have long hair.

I want to do this too - the hair appointment. Did you just book a time when it opened at 30 days or do you select the treatment as well? If so what options did they have? I really want a french braid

I want to do this too - the hair appointment. Did you just book a time when it opened at 30 days or do you select the treatment as well? If so what options did they have? I really want a french braid
There were just times and it says from $29… hopefully the price doesn’t make me blush!

On the flip side, my husband and I (both male) are using both untangled and hook for mani/pedi as hook only has one chair for it. So we are going to each do one part in one then flip to the other.
It would be good to know what the difference between the two is mind! How are you going to decide who goes to which :D
There were just times and it says from $29… hopefully the price doesn’t make me blush!
Fingers crossed. As you are sailing before me if you can come back and report :D

OK Detangled said they did not have a price list... crazy... it was $99 for my basic haircut. He did shampoo, but I declined whatever the extra treatment they offer during shampoo is (I couldn't hear him well over his mask).

Also a warning to my ladies who also booked a manicure at Hooks, I HOPE this was a one off but I was totally snubbed. I was ignored in the doorway a full 10 minutes past my time while one CM was mixing very elaborate drinks and the other one tried to not make eye contact while he was on a laptop. Finally he came over to ask what I wanted and seemed shocked when I said I had a manicure appointment. He checked the computer, asked if my name was [other typically female name] and I said no, and he said I must be thinking of Detangled. I again said no, I have an appointment here FOR SURE for 5 o'clock AT HOOKS and he asked me to go stand in the corner while he then ran down to Detangled to ask them if they had me on their list despite my protestations. When he came back he then said I would need to go down there instead. I tried to say no, I wanted to do it in Hooks since it was cheaper and he then said that would be impossible but he would make sure it was the same price. Note dear readers that it 100% says FIRE AND ICE MANICURE on the appointment. While we were walking I asked if they just don't do them there and he said no, the person who was doing it didn't have times to change costumes and get to Hooks as they were doing back to back manicures (what?!).

At Detangled one of the ladies asked me to fill out a spa intake form while she got set up for the appointment, then came back and told me to just keep filling it out while we started. Umm... then she left again. The form is nuts... it was asking me about my stress level (HAHA) and where I feel pain and at that point I mentally said forget this, and skipped to my signature. To her credit she at least did not make me go back and answer them all. She then asked what kind of manicure I wanted and I said I had no idea - I've never had a manicure before. So she said well we can do Fire and Ice or a more expensive one (I can't remember what that was) and she started explaining what they were. I asked what the prices were and she said F & I would be $79 and the other $100-something and I cut her off at this point. I was already feeling bait and switched by the change in venue (I had already been in Detangled that morning, I SPECIFICALLY wanted Hooks as I mentioned here before), dealing with the spa gymnastics of upsells once today & had been PROMISED the same price, and now this. So I said no, on the app it is $49, so that's what I want. She said fine (also more than done with me by now) and that it would be a very basic manicure then, no fire and ice (which I guess is the massaging, warming, etc etc part which AGAIN IS ON THE FREAKING BOOKING AT HOOKS). The appointment was tense tbh, at one point I asked her to fix the shape of them and instead she just filed them a little more which did nothing so I can't even say I'm happy with it in the end. A little ways into it I asked her what was up with not doing it at Hooks and she said, and I quote, THEY DON'T HAVE THE SETUP FOR IT AT HOOKS.

So, there you go, and I hope you have better luck than me....

OK Detangled said they did not have a price list... crazy... it was $99 for my basic haircut. He did shampoo, but I declined whatever the extra treatment they offer during shampoo is (I couldn't hear him well over his mask).

Also a warning to my ladies who also booked a manicure at Hooks, I HOPE this was a one off but I was totally snubbed. I was ignored in the doorway a full 10 minutes past my time while one CM was mixing very elaborate drinks and the other one tried to not make eye contact while he was on a laptop. Finally he came over to ask what I wanted and seemed shocked when I said I had a manicure appointment. He checked the computer, asked if my name was [other typically female name] and I said no, and he said I must be thinking of Detangled. I again said no, I have an appointment here FOR SURE for 5 o'clock AT HOOKS and he asked me to go stand in the corner while he then ran down to Detangled to ask them if they had me on their list despite my protestations. When he came back he then said I would need to go down there instead. I tried to say no, I wanted to do it in Hooks since it was cheaper and he then said that would be impossible but he would make sure it was the same price. Note dear readers that it 100% says FIRE AND ICE MANICURE on the appointment. While we were walking I asked if they just don't do them there and he said no, the person who was doing it didn't have times to change costumes and get to Hooks as they were doing back to back manicures (what?!).

At Detangled one of the ladies asked me to fill out a spa intake form while she got set up for the appointment, then came back and told me to just keep filling it out while we started. Umm... then she left again. The form is nuts... it was asking me about my stress level (HAHA) and where I feel pain and at that point I mentally said forget this, and skipped to my signature. To her credit she at least did not make me go back and answer them all. She then asked what kind of manicure I wanted and I said I had no idea - I've never had a manicure before. So she said well we can do Fire and Ice or a more expensive one (I can't remember what that was) and she started explaining what they were. I asked what the prices were and she said F & I would be $79 and the other $100-something and I cut her off at this point. I was already feeling bait and switched by the change in venue (I had already been in Detangled that morning, I SPECIFICALLY wanted Hooks as I mentioned here before), dealing with the spa gymnastics of upsells once today & had been PROMISED the same price, and now this. So I said no, on the app it is $49, so that's what I want. She said fine (also more than done with me by now) and that it would be a very basic manicure then, no fire and ice (which I guess is the massaging, warming, etc etc part which AGAIN IS ON THE FREAKING BOOKING AT HOOKS). The appointment was tense tbh, at one point I asked her to fix the shape of them and instead she just filed them a little more which did nothing so I can't even say I'm happy with it in the end. A little ways into it I asked her what was up with not doing it at Hooks and she said, and I quote, THEY DON'T HAVE THE SETUP FOR IT AT HOOKS.

Yikes! I hope you let Disney know about this. Why would they offer the manicure at The Barbery if they aren’t planning to offer it?? Also, the price difference is infuriating.

Honestly that's madness! I feel like they haven't got their act together yet but even so if you have an appointment booked they should at least be ready to do it. And 100% its Fire & Ice in Hooks just a cheaper one so I assumed the colours would be limited or something!

Honestly that's madness! I feel like they haven't got their act together yet but even so if you have an appointment booked they should at least be ready to do it. And 100% its Fire & Ice in Hooks just a cheaper one so I assumed the colours would be limited or something!
Agreed. I did try to chat with guest services about it yesterday and they said they’d get back to me “during the day” to discuss options but I did not hear back. So now I’m in the queue again… honestly at this point I’m ready to move on and chalk it up to a bad experience but I’m irked anew that they didn’t even tell me tough luck and ghosted me instead. Also they hadn’t answered my question about if you all were safe, so hopefully they clarify what the problem was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter