• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop De Doo or Spirit of Aloha

outstandinfarmer

<font color=navy>I am not a farmer, but I do live
SO, which one of these dinners should I go to? We only have enough money to go to one, so which should it be? There are three adults and two children (12 and 13) We want something that will be completely memorable. We would love to be in awe but would love to laugh also. I don't know since I haven't been to either, but all I know is it's a lot of money to spend so it better be good!:flower: Also, is it worth it to spend all that money on either of them. Like I said, it's a lot of money to spend, but would be worth it if it's a real good show.:flower:

We haven't done the luau, but just did HDD in November. The show was great and my kids - ages 7 and 8 - enjoyed the food and the show. My DS almost fell out of his chair a couple times laughing so hard - I kid you not! He still will parrot some of his favorite lines! We are doing HDD again in December with the grandparents.

I highly recommend the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. My family and I have gone to this many times and have enjoyed it each time. The show is corny, funny and has some great tunes. The food is very good and dessert is excellent! :teeth:

Here's a review for you: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue review

I'm going back in December and bringing a family who has never seen it. I know they will come out of the show grinning from ear to ear. :D

I have two sons, aged 7 and 9 and we have been to disneyworld 13 times since they were born and disneyland 2 times. The Hoopdeedoo is without a doubt our favorite theme dinner. It is silly humor and good food and the kids just love it! We have sent everyone we know there when they go and no one has been dissapointed. We went to the luau one time after many many many recommendations not to. I found it entertaining, and not nearly as bad as the reviews I received from my friends who had gone...but the food was not that great and the hoopdee doo was more fun for kids. So if you are only doing one, do HDD

I just got back from disney.

We did both shows and while both are really great..
It was HOOP DE DOO that had my kids rolling with laughter.
Lots of silly humor.. Dancing, singing etc.

Keeps you very VERY entertained.

Spirit of Aloha is nice to but not as much fun for the kids.
The only part that they were into was the fire twirling and that's at the very end.

If you can only do one I'd recommend hoop de doo.

I am the only one so far saying the luau. I loved the luau and it reminds me of our honeymoon in Hawaii. I had a blast, and have been a few times.

I hate the hoop dee doo. Of course I have issues with it ;)
Growing up my mom always went there and made me go to and I hated it as a child, so I have carried that over with me to my own family. Maybe someday I will give it another go but you will have a hard time getting me too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter