• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop De Doo ?s....

The two of us go every other year but we have a great time with just the two of us. The actors make it feel like you are part of one big family!! Especially when they come down from the stage and pick people to go up on stage to be part of the show. Hilarious! They will go to every table and ask were you are from!
Will they interact with the people in Category 2 or 3 seating? The reason I ask is that we like to observe from the sidelines rather than be part of the show. Yes, we are fuddy-duds.

Thanks for the quick replies! :) Did not realize it was indoors!
Yes. The HDDR is in Pioneer Hall at Fort Wilderness. It is air conditioned and fun.
We have done the HDDR with our children when they were young, with my now Adult DS and his children, with a party of all adults 30 - 60, and last year my other Adult DS asked to go with my DH, him and I. We have had a blast each time.
It is full of lively singing, dancing, audience participation and corny jokes. It is so much fun.
And the food is certainly not "gourmet", but rather all you care to eat "Down Home Cooking".
I too would go every trip if I could
Enjoy

Hi, we are going to HDDR for the first time next month (3 adults and 1 ten year old.) My question is about timing. So we drive to Fort Wilderness, park our car, and take the transport to the hall. How long is the bus trip to the hall? Is there only 1 bus pickup time? And I think they said arrive 30 minutes at the hall.

Is there somewhere else online I could get more info?

The bus ride to the hall is maybe 10 minutes if I remember correctly. It isnt long. Enjoy the show. Lots of fun

Will they interact with the people in Category 2 or 3 seating? The reason I ask is that we like to observe from the sidelines rather than be part of the show. Yes, we are fuddy-duds.
Mostly category 1. They will do some of cat. 2. But they will go around to every table and ask were you are from!

We love it too and go every other trip. The food is good and the show is a very entertaining, corny but fun.

This is a MUST DO for us! Done it the last six years & booked again for August and can't imagine a trip without it!
We have done Cat 3 the last few years and like it... They came up and interacted with us a lot! We were on our Honeymoon last August and loved that they ask if anyone is celebrating and you get up and dance.
The food is great ( that corn bread mmmm) and the show is so hilarious we love six bits
I highly recommend doing this - it's a true "Disney" experience

If your kids love being around the characters we feel this is the best experience. They are there for a long time and is a fun evening.

This is high on our list

There are NO characters at the HDDR. It is actors and actresses

DH and I are going for our third time this Nov. The first time was 2008 and we had the very center front table right in front of the stage. We went again in 2011 and were a few tables back. We book category 1. It's a fun show and the food is pretty good. I just booked it tonight for Nov 8 and only category 1 was available, which is fine, but I assume it's because the other two categories are cheaper.

It is very corny and one of the girl performers flirted with DH our first trip since we were right up at the stage.

Hi, we are going to HDDR for the first time next month (3 adults and 1 ten year old.) My question is about timing. So we drive to Fort Wilderness, park our car, and take the transport to the hall. How long is the bus trip to the hall? Is there only 1 bus pickup time? And I think they said arrive 30 minutes at the hall.

Is there somewhere else online I could get more info?
amount of time on bus will depend on how many people are getting on or off at the loops as you go thru the campground. there are no buses that go from parking straight to HDDR. there are 3 color code bus route thru campground and all go to HDDR. most times there are 2 buses running on each route

We have done HDDR 4 times now starting when my son was 7. There is no greater feeling than watching your son (who is now 11) and your 70 something parents have full on belly laughs at the performances on stage. The blond actress and the red haired actress have incorporated both my son and my Dad into the show in some manner and it is great fun. The food is traditional picnic food and is delicious. And I am always fascinated that this show has no commercial element being at Disney. No HDDR souvenirs, no tshirts, etc. Just good old corny family fun.

Wasnt a fan at all. If you like corny comedy, you will like it. Its not for me or my family at all not our cup of tea. I was bored after 15 minutes of the show and started watching TV on my Iphone to be entertained during dinner. If you decide to go, I hope you and your family have a wonderful time and a wonderful vacation.

We went to Hoop De Doo last trip to WDW in 2014 and are going again in October 2017. We usually do not repeat experiences, but we are making an exception b/c we had such a great time!

Planning a trip with our young adult children. After all these years and many trips DD is interested in Hoop De Doo Review because a friend went and described it as "a comedy show". Hmmm.... I guess I always thought it was more of a corny western sing a long.... so I'm looking for opinions. Likely we will only be there 4 or atmost 5 nights... should we spend one of them at this show? Also we are planning an early Dec. trip... could it be too cold to enjoy dinner outdoors? :confused3
Hoop Dee Doo is indoors and a not-to-be-missed experience. It's not a sing-a-long, it's a comedy musical.

We took
Would a two or three year old like the show?

We've taken DS at age 2, 3, and 4. He loved it every time. He doesn't always know what's going on, but he enjoys the singing and the silliness and the food.

We went when our son was younger, and my family doesn't want to go back. I love it, but can't justify the price and take a night to do it if I'm the only one who wants to go. They felt it was just too corny and predictable. We are also not fans of the place at WL that is all showy and and the 50's diner where you get yelled at. If you like that sort of thing, you will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter