Hoop Dee Doo and Kids (age 2)

cinmell

DIS Veteran
How young were your children when you took them to the Hoop Dee Doo? Are there alot of young children at the first show? More specifically, my mom, my husband and I love the Hoop dee doo. Our daugther will be 2.5 years old and she's pretty active but did really well with character meals. How did your children do at the HDD at this age?

We went last October. My kids were 10, 7(sons) and 4(daughter). They all loved the show!! I would say that there were maybe 10% - 20% kids at the show. Not very many, really too bad I think kids would love the fast pace of the music and action. Ours absolutely loved it.

Our DD's were 2 years and 2.5 months. The 2 year old became bored after a little while. She was definitely ready to leave half way through, and she has a relatively long attention span. We are going to try it again in May. We are hoping now that she will be 4 she will enjoy it more. We also sat in the last row which may have had something to do with it.

Hi there -

Our extended family went to WDW this past March. We had a total of 31 people in our group and 20 of us went to the Hoop dee doo. Out of the 20 11 were kids, ranging in age from 6 to 17. I can honestly say the each one of the kids thoroughly enjoyed the show! I know we will do it again when we get the chance to go back. We went to the 7:15pm show.

We took our DD a few days before her 3rd birthday and she was mesmorized! In fact she now wants to go every year and we have gone for the past 3. I don't have reservations for this August and needless to say she is a little miffed. Every child of course if different and ours has always been the type to sit thru movies and if there is live singing and dancing she won't move a muscle! We always go to the first show and there are lots of other kids. If your child can sit thru a movie or the like I would say go for it.

My kids were a very hard to please 3.5 yo & an 8 month old. My oldest had a great time, which was unusual for him on this particular trip and the youngest slept. We are returning in a few weeks when they will be 5.5 & 2.5.

My DD and DS (now teenagers) were just 6 and 5 when we went to the Hoop de Doo Revue.

We have been back to WDW several times since then but our evening at the <font color=red>Hoop de Doo was the most fun we ever had at Disney</font color>. I have never seen my kids laugh as hard as they did that night!

We did the June 29th - 5 PM show this year.
My DS (10 yrs old) and DD (7 yrs old)
fully enjoyed the show.
Smiles the whole night.

The audience had kids at 3 out of every 4 tables.
Some just immediate families- and some with
Grandparents, Aunts & Uncle in attendance.

I'd say the 5 PM show is VERY family oriented.

We are trying this for the first time with our 2.5 year old this Christmas. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will cooperate. If not, either my husband or myself will leave and fortunately there is a lot to do at Fort Wilderness while we wait for the show to finish.

I guess I can update my August post now. ;)
They really enjoyed the show. My 5.5 yo couldnt control his laughter, even though he was trying. While Im sure the 2.5yo didnt get all the jokes, he still had a good time, enjoying the music, dancing, and just all the activity around us. He loved playing the washboard at the end. :D

My daughter was 2 and she loved it. She talked about the "hoop-Dee dance" weeks later and I had no idea what she was talking about, until my DH figured it out.

My 2.5 year old loved the show! He loved to clap and sing "Hoop Dee Doo" over and over. The washboard at the end was a big hit and we had a hard time taking it away from him.

We have been home for less than a week but if anyone even says the word "Hoop" he starts to sing! We all had a blast!

The first time we went our sons were 3 and 1. Our older son howled at the jokes. Our younger son loved it too. I think the music and action kept him so happy as well as the food that just keeps coming. This was 20 years ago but it is still a favorite WDW memory of mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter