Hoop-dee-doo & Campfire Same Nite

sudiequ

<font color=green>Multi-talented mom</font><br><fo
Has anyone ever done both in one nite? We are not going to any parks our first day, and i was thinking about doing Downtown Disney. Want to do HDD anyway soooo.....why waste precious park hours? Having both a Cubscout and a Boyscout (mom's a Cubmaster) i thought the boys would love the campfire!! I would naturally have to schedule the first seating for HDD. We are staying at ASMo, thanks for your thoughts on this!

Sue

P.S. we are going in Nov. (if that makes a difference), and i want to make my ressies soon :bounce:

We've never done it that way, but if you went to the earliest HDD time, you would be out just as the campfire starts. You would have to walk, about 10-15 minutes, to the campfire area.

Your scouts may be disappointed in the fire itself, as it's not like sitting around the campfire at a scout camp. But, you can roast your own marshmallows. The sing along is fun, and the Disney movies shown afterwards are great!

Now, trying to do both these on the same day as Downtown Disney and make bus transfers to and from the All Stars might be difficult. I have heard that new busses have been added to ease the transportation issues at FW. But it might be a little too much; just my two cents worth.

Thanks Kellie! Thats the kind-of feedback i'm looking for! We get in really early that day, so i thought we could register, go do DD until around 3 and then head back to the hotel. If it's too much of a day, we can always skip the campfire :( . I just don't want to waste a pass day on the Hoop-de-do.

There is a new bus direct from DD ot FW. If ou wanted to go right to FW for the show, it could work. Or if you had your own vehicle you could drive, and save time.

I think your kids would love the campfire! If you do the early HDD, check it out. You don't have to stay for the whole thing if you are tired.

50 days to go

Sudiequ, I am planning on doing HDD and campfire program on the same day when we are there in August. We are staying at the Poly. Can anyone tell me if the boats will still be running so we can get back to the Poly or will we have to take a bus back? I made my PSs for the 5:15 HDD. You will love the campfire program!

TC:cool:

Boats usually run according to the MK schedule. For example, if the MK closes early, the boats will stop running early. But, I don't think those hours are out yet.

You may find that the bus to the TTC, then walking back to the Poly may be quickest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter