Hoop-Dee-Doo questions

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
Hi all - so after nearly 30 trips to WDW and 17 years of DVC ownership my DH finally said he wants to try Hoop-Dee-Doo on our next trip. Our ADR day is Tues so I'm trying to start my outline of who what when & where for Tues morning. I was thinking maybe it would be easiest to do it on a MNSSHP day when MK closes early and just go straight from the park? I'm assuming it's casual enough that we COULD go in park attire OR should we plan on showering and changing and just book the latest show rather than the 6:15?? I honestly don't even know what the transportation options are to get there? Is it by ferry or water taxi like it is to WL or is it by bus? Looking ahead at the Sept calendar it looks like the show doesn't run every day but Sundays are one of the available days. Who's done Hoop-Dee that can give me good recommendations? We're staying at VGF so will likely just want to return to the MK so we can hop the monorail after the show... Thoughts?? Suggestions?? Thx

Hoop Dee Doo is joy ! You can certainly go park casual, just make sure you have on comfy pants the food is always great! It is at the top of the Fort property so depending on how get to the Fort from where ever you are it could be bus or boat !

The show is good,

the food …… is ok…. It’s all you care to enjoy, I’m usually done enjoying well before I’m full.
and I think beer and wine are included (I think, might be wrong) but it’s not the best meal you can find at Disney….

if you have never done I would say try it….
it a very interactive show, the performer dance into the dinner room and include guest in the show…. It is a lot of fun….

if you have allergies in your party be careful….my step son has a tree nut allergy, and despite the chief saying he would be fine, he had an issue with the corn bread….

i believe they also serve PBJ. So cross contamination might be a thing if you have a peanut allergy….

We finally did HDDR last fall (at DH’s request too, lol). Took the water taxi from MK to Ft Wilderness. Our table was upstairs center farthest from the stage and it was a great view. Glad to have done it. Once is good :)

Hi all - so after nearly 30 trips to WDW and 17 years of DVC ownership my DH finally said he wants to try Hoop-Dee-Doo on our next trip. Our ADR day is Tues so I'm trying to start my outline of who what when & where for Tues morning. I was thinking maybe it would be easiest to do it on a MNSSHP day when MK closes early and just go straight from the park? I'm assuming it's casual enough that we COULD go in park attire OR should we plan on showering and changing and just book the latest show rather than the 6:15?? I honestly don't even know what the transportation options are to get there? Is it by ferry or water taxi like it is to WL or is it by bus? Looking ahead at the Sept calendar it looks like the show doesn't run every day but Sundays are one of the available days. Who's done Hoop-Dee that can give me good recommendations? We're staying at VGF so will likely just want to return to the MK so we can hop the monorail after the show... Thoughts?? Suggestions?? Thx
That's what I am doing (staying at GF also). I booked the 6:15 show on a day that MK closes early for a party. Will just take the boat from MK to Ft Wilderness.

We've gone to HDDR several times and love it! You can take a boat from MK directly to Ft. W and then there is a short walk to Pioneer Hall. If you want to maximize your time in MK, I would book the latest show. Or, if you don't mind leaving MK around 5:15 pm, book the 6:15 pm show. We like doing the 6:15 pm show and booking an 8:30 pm carriage ride around the Fort. You can then boat back to MK and either boat or monorail back to GF.

In my opinion the Hoop Dee Doo is one of the best values at WDW. The food is okay but the show is really nice. Its definately a fun evening. I am pretty sure if you take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom you can get a boat to Pioneer Hall and when it is over you can take the boat back to the Magic Kingdom.

In my opinion the Hoop Dee Doo is one of the best values at WDW. The food is okay but the show is really nice. Its definately a fun evening. I am pretty sure if you take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom you can get a boat to Pioneer Hall and when it is over you can take the boat back to the Magic Kingdom.
Oh yeah the beer and wine is included.

Lua was the same price, better food, and the show was cool too….
personally, if it was just dinner I would pay more for a good meal and drink soda….

but the show is fun

We've gone to HDDR several times and love it! You can take a boat from MK directly to Ft. W and then there is a short walk to Pioneer Hall. If you want to maximize your time in MK, I would book the latest show. Or, if you don't mind leaving MK around 5:15 pm, book the 6:15 pm show. We like doing the 6:15 pm show and booking an 8:30 pm carriage ride around the Fort. You can then boat back to MK and either boat or monorail back to GF.
I guess I wasn't thinking about how early we'd really have to leave MK to do the 6:15 show. If we do the 8:30 show we'd have time to stay until almost 6:00 then could go back to VGF to shower and then go back out. Hummmmmm

Such a great show and the longest running dinner theater at WDW. I still have some of our stubs from the '70s when it was the Pioneer Hall Revue and cost $12 for the best seats, lol. I consider the food to be good. The chicken is tasty, the ribs are okay and enjoyable, the sides are hearty and the dessert is good as well. Very interactive, fun and a good time. Bottomless beverages are a nice touch as well. Casual dress is fine. From VGF you can easily catch a boat from Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness and the Pioneer Hall is only steps from the landing. You certainly could go straight from MK, but since you're staying at the Grand you might want to allow a little freshen up time before heading back out for dinner. But either way it's all pretty easily accessible for you. Have fun! We've been doing this show in its various iterations for as long as it's been running (probably been around 20 times in total).

The Hoop Dee Doo is just plain fun. We do it every trip. The food is good, nothing fancy, but good, and DH drinks enough beer to make the price with it 😂 We usually get there early enough to grab a drink next door and sit in a rocking chair on the porch. Don’t plan on much after the show. Tried going back to MK once 🤢 didn’t feel too hot. We usually watch the electrical water pageant and fireworks or take the bus down to watch the Chip and Dale singalong. I would take the boat from MK, nice ride and Hoop Dee Doo is pretty much right there. Even though it’s casual, we do try to freshen up before going. Make sure you bring a hearty appetite!!!

The Hoop Dee Doo is just plain fun. We do it every trip. The food is good, nothing fancy, but good, and DH drinks enough beer to make the price with it 😂 We usually get there early enough to grab a drink next door and sit in a rocking chair on the porch. Don’t plan on much after the show. Tried going back to MK once 🤢 didn’t feel too hot. We usually watch the electrical water pageant and fireworks or take the bus down to watch the Chip and Dale singalong. I would take the boat from MK, nice ride and Hoop Dee Doo is pretty much right there. Even though it’s casual, we do try to freshen up before going. Make sure you bring a hearty appetite!!!
I agree. The show is fun and entertaining

We have done HDD numerous times, The show is very entertaining and the food is pretty good (Fried Chicken and Ribs) when staying at VGF you can take the boat right to Fort Wilderness, thats what we usually do when staying there or WLV

We have done HDD numerous times, The show is very entertaining and the food is pretty good (Fried Chicken and Ribs) when staying at VGF you can take the boat right to Fort Wilderness, thats what we usually do when staying there or WLV
I’m pretty sure the resort boats that go back and forth to the Bay Lake resorts have not run since Covid. (They we’re not in January anyway) so they would have to take the boat from MK, or bus from MK. Boat would be way easier though and a very pleasant ride

Unless something has changed after the late show they have busses to the other resort ….
They now bus you back to MK after the late show. Then you take the bus from MK back to your resort. Or, you can bus back to DS and take the loooonnnnggggg walk to your resort bus stop from there (because you have to walk all the way into DS and back out to the bus stops).

The fried chicken was above average. So are the sides. The only thing that left me feeling like it was subpar was the strawberry shortcake dessert. My 5 yo laughed harder than we did. Totally worth it. Just for the wonderfully themed interior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter