Hoop Dee Doo reservation-making

Lori Duck

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I've searched for this answer with no luck. I understand that Hoop Dee Doo reservations can only be made 60 days out, but in trying to discover 'best timing to make that res" I'm confused. Each time I go in to make the beginning of a "test res" ALL the seating times are full. Every time. I believe there is no show on Mondays or Tuesdays presently, correct? I'll be needing a Sunday res in December before Christmas, and I'm using my smartphone in my attempts to snag the res. Table for two. What am I doing wrong? Am I better off calling? Again, I understand that I have to wait to make the actual res. We are staying at a Disney hotel (already booked and linked) that night, then moving to a DVC Villa. Thank you in advance for any insight!

Hi all! I've searched for this answer with no luck. I understand that Hoop Dee Doo reservations can only be made 60 days out, but in trying to discover 'best timing to make that res" I'm confused. Each time I go in to make the beginning of a "test res" ALL the seating times are full. Every time. I believe there is no show on Mondays or Tuesdays presently, correct? I'll be needing a Sunday res in December before Christmas, and I'm using my smartphone in my attempts to snag the res. Table for two. What am I doing wrong? Am I better off calling? Again, I understand that I have to wait to make the actual res. We are staying at a Disney hotel (already booked and linked) that night, then moving to a DVC Villa. Thank you in advance for any insight!
Try logging into the Walt Disney world website and sign into your my Disney experience there. Then go to my plans and then to make a dining reservation. I did this exactly as I described and booked this morning at 6am at my 60 day window with zero problems.

Last edited:

Hoop Dee Doo is just like other ADRs: 6am ET and 60+10. So it books up more than 60 days out like many popular dining options. It best shceudled for later in a trip and very hard to get for non-on-property guests.

Again, I understand that I have to wait to make the actual res. We are staying at a Disney hotel (already booked and linked) that night, then moving to a DVC Villa. Thank you in advance for any insight!

You will only be able to make one reservation day at your 60 days from the Disney hotel in which you are staying your first night. You will be able to 60+10 from the DVC Villa reservation. This is technically a split stay and treated as separate stays. You may already know that, but just in case you didn't--your second reservation will have a separate 60 day window.

I have a party of 8 with kids - how is the balcony? In the past I have been lucky to up front tickets but I have never had a party this large. If I remember correctly the larger parties on the floor were to the back with a few (maybe 2 tables closer to the middle) - would the balcony be better for viewing with kids (5, 7 and 12)

I have a party of 8 with kids - how is the balcony? In the past I have been lucky to up front tickets but I have never had a party this large. If I remember correctly the larger parties on the floor were to the back with a few (maybe 2 tables closer to the middle) - would the balcony be better for viewing with kids (5, 7 and 12)
I’ve never sat upstairs, but last month in Cat.1 our table was 2nd row from the stage. There was a large table (6-8 guests, maybe more?) in front of us, centered in front of the stage, and another behind us, also in the center. I’ve read that tables are assigned based on when booked, so if you book Cat.1 as soon as possible, you won’t necessarily be in the back. The far back is Cat.2.

We have always been up front but had balcony seats last weekend and they were really good views. You would be seated all in a row along the side (there are some cat 2 tables in the back that seat you sideways to the stage). Only issue I had was they brought out food during the show and you had to choose eating or watching the show. To sit at the table your back was to the show. I never realized that they didn’t break the show when food was brought out since it never mattered before. They had breaks in the show but it was not timed well with food delivery. The view was great and the performers did come up - we even briefly chatted with one. ( Dolly). I will post a couple photos from up there. We were second table for 2 from the front. Also the pole near us was not an issue with the view.

You could not see the piano and banjo from our seats except when the banjo was played from middle of room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter