Hoop-dee-doo revue as a first night location

So I've decided for Disney Springs. What do you guys think about a TREX reservation? On one hand it sounds fun for the kids. On the other hand, it sounds like it could be over-stimulation. Would a quick service at Wolfgang Express, or Morimoto be better? Thoughts.

As for a few things to do, my kids are too little for the VR (Bummer), my wife is anxious about heights so the hot air balloon wouldn't work. I hear they're adding an NBA experience, anybody knows dates. We're hoops fans so that sounds fun. What other things are there to do? I saw something about a boat ride tour. Anybody know anything about that?

My boys were 8 and 10 when we went and they ADORED TRex - but it is a lot of stimulation (there's a "meteor shower" on the ceiling every 15 minutes). You know your kids best and how they handle lots of noise and action around them. The atmosphere is basically Rainforest Cafe but with dinosaurs :)

So I've decided for Disney Springs. What do you guys think about a TREX reservation? On one hand it sounds fun for the kids. On the other hand, it sounds like it could be over-stimulation. Would a quick service at Wolfgang Express, or Morimoto be better? Thoughts.

As for a few things to do, my kids are too little for the VR (Bummer), my wife is anxious about heights so the hot air balloon wouldn't work. I hear they're adding an NBA experience, anybody knows dates. We're hoops fans so that sounds fun. What other things are there to do? I saw something about a boat ride tour. Anybody know anything about that?

Go to https://www.landrysinc.com/selectclub.asp to see whether the Landry's Select Club card makes sense for you. It costs $25 to start, but you automatically get a $25 credit on your first bill, so that makes it free. It's good at any of the many Landry's restaurants, which at WDW include T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe (at DS and AK) and Yak & Yeti (in AK). The primary advantage is that you can wait until that day, and if you decide that T-Rex would be good for your family (when our kids/grandkids were that age they loved it) then you can simply walk up, show your Select Club card and be seated next available, ahead of the folks with reservations, not to mention way ahead of the walk-ups. Or if you decide not to get the Select Club card, you can wait until that day and check Open Table for reservations - they are given a lot more tables at T-Rex than Disney's ADR system gets.

I think Disney Springs is a great option, and we're doing that on our first night as well!

I would definitely do the Landry's card and tentatively plan for T-Rex (or Rainforest). - You can always stick with quick service if the kids aren't up to it, but it will be a great way to start the trip if they are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter