Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue NOW OPEN!!

Make sure it’s not a Monday or Tuesday , it appears that it will be closed those days. I went back to check and there is now more availability than this morning, try the website not the app.

yeah, I just found that out (which stinks, as my birthday is on a Tuesday). But I finally was able to grab a Cat 2 on 6/23!!

I forgot today was the day and just popped on to MDE and got 7/17 for 4pm in Cat 1. Would have rather done cat 3 or 2. Don't want to be part of the show. But oh well. Got the 10% passholder discount. It is my birthday that day so this will be perfect.

I forgot today was the day and just popped on to MDE and got 7/17 for 4pm in Cat 1. Would have rather done cat 3 or 2. Don't want to be part of the show. But oh well. Got the 10% passholder discount. It is my birthday that day so this will be perfect.
Excellent! We coincidentally arrive the day it reopens, so gambled and held off making an ADR for that night. Stressful but happy to be there!

Lighting, Audio, and Script Updates Detailed for Return of Hoop-Dee-Doo Dinner Show

This summer, Hoop-Dee-Doo will return bright and fresh with a new audio and lighting system and a few updates to its script and scenery, while staying true to the experience guests know and love. “We had the unique opportunity to really look at this show and take it to the next level for everyone involved,” David Moore, stage manager, shared. “From switching the stage lighting to LED – which is better for the environment – to upgrading the audio for better sound quality, every little update is leading to a better overall experience for our guests and cast.”

Okay, so we're in the incredibly fortunate position of now having two reservations. The time we prefer is cat 2 and our second choice for time is cat 1. This is our first (perhaps only?) time at Hoop de Doo.

Does anyone have any insight into how important a category is to the overall experience? FWIW, we don't hate the Cat 1 time, it's just slightly less convenient.
I might have missed an update, but did you resolve your question? We’ve been in both Cat.1 and Cat. 2, and I don’t think it affected our enjoyment of the show, so I’d choose the time you want. I will say that for Cat. 2 we were on the ground floor back under the balcony, so it was kind of like watching from a cave, but it didn’t interfere with enjoying the show at all.

That said, today I logged into the app a little after 9 EDT to book for mid-July and took our second-choice time so we could have our first-choice Cat. 1 location. However, this ADR is to celebrate our anniversary, so DH wanted Cat. 1 for that reason!

I might have missed an update, but did you resolve your question? We’ve been in both Cat.1 and Cat. 2, and I don’t think it affected our enjoyment of the show, so I’d choose the time you want. I will say that for Cat. 2 we were on the ground floor back under the balcony, so it was kind of like watching from a cave, but it didn’t interfere with enjoying the show at all.

That said, today I logged into the app a little after 9 EDT to book for mid-July and took our second-choice time so we could have our first-choice Cat. 1 location. However, this ADR is to celebrate our anniversary, so DH wanted Cat. 1 for that reason!
Thanks for the input! We decided to go for the better category since with our oldest off to college, this might be the last trip for a while. Early congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful time!

My window opens tomorrow and I'm hoping to snag HDD! I'm glad I read this thread because my two preferred dates (ds's birthday and our non-park day) are a Monday and a Tuesday. So now I'm hoping to schedule for one of our MK days.

New Drink and Returning Favorites Announced for Hoop-Dee-Doo Menu

Food options from Hoop-Dee-Doo

Oh man, I cannot wait! we've been going there since my 29 year old twins were 10! was it THAT long ago? ah well. Anyway, we have always had so much fun....accept when we were sat in front of the stage and they picked on my 10 year old daughter and made her cry!~she was very sensitive at that age....but no problems since...just fun, fun, fun! Only thing I'm worried about is where to sit and can I bring my Scooter/ECV inside?

Oh man, I cannot wait! we've been going there since my 29 year old twins were 10! was it THAT long ago? ah well. Anyway, we have always had so much fun....accept when we were sat in front of the stage and they picked on my 10 year old daughter and made her cry!~she was very sensitive at that age....but no problems since...just fun, fun, fun! Only thing I'm worried about is where to sit and can I bring my Scooter/ECV inside?
Do you already have it booked? There should be a wheelchair accessibility option when you book online. Technically category 3 is only upstairs and there is no elevator, but I believe tables are reserved in category 2 on the main floor if you're booked in category 3 with wheelchair accessibility. The side entrance by the bathrooms has a ramp where you can enter Pioneer Hall.

Last edited:
I’ve never done this and am really considering booking for my family. It’ll be my mum and dad (British in their 70s), me and my two kids (7 and 2). The 7 year old is one that loves to be picked to be silly in public so this sounds like a dream for him but my dad being picked would mortify him and be horrific. How likely is being picked and can we tell our server it’s a hard no on someone so we avoid it completely? Does the humour translate well internationally? Thanks!

I’ve never done this and am really considering booking for my family. It’ll be my mum and dad (British in their 70s), me and my two kids (7 and 2). The 7 year old is one that loves to be picked to be silly in public so this sounds like a dream for him but my dad being picked would mortify him and be horrific. How likely is being picked and can we tell our server it’s a hard no on someone so we avoid it completely? Does the humour translate well internationally? Thanks!

I have the same question! I have a kid for whom being spotlighted would be horrible. I keep trying to get Category 3 seating so that there's no chance we'll be on the main floor, but the best I could do was Cat 2. I plan to get there very early and request one of the Category 2 tables in the balcony.

I have the same question! I have a kid for whom being spotlighted would be horrible. I keep trying to get Category 3 seating so that there's no chance we'll be on the main floor, but the best I could do was Cat 2. I plan to get there very early and request one of the Category 2 tables in the balcony.
I wouldn’t worry. The performers who come around are quick to take No Thanks and a shake of the head for an answer and move on to someone else. They’re not out to embarrass anyone or cause a scene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter