Hoop Dee Doo Timing 4 or 6:15?

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between the two times with a 5 y.o.
Does the food come out quickly? Does the show run basically until the next show time? 4 seems early but 6:15 feels like it could be a little late if it's a long production. What are your experiences with this?

We've done the 4 p.m. and actually have it booked for next month. This will be our 3rd show. I know we've also done either 6:15 or 8:30 p.m. (I forget which) and saw the previous show come out after we'd checked in. I want to say WDW leaves maybe 15 minutes between shows? Give or take? It's a pretty fast turnaround. You'd probably get out around 8:15 p.m. for the 6:15.

The food comes out quickly in our experience and they seem to have the timing perfect so everything is wrapped up by the time the show ends.

We like the 4 p.m. (my littles are now all bigs :) ) because the 4 p.m. combines lunch and dinner for us, and if everyone still wants to go do something else afterward when the show lets out around 6 p.m., there is still plenty of time. If not, we go back to the resort and chill/call it an early night since by the time we get back to the resort it's after 7 anyway.

How much stamina does your 5 y.o. have?

The entire experience lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes. So, for the 6:15 pm show, we were walking out at 8:00 pm. They then have 30 minutes to prepare for the next show. In terms of timing, it just depends on what you plan to do that day. We have always done the 6:15 pm show - this past April we paired it with a 8:30 pm private carriage ride and then ended up at the boat dock at 9 pm as the MK fireworks were starting - it was a great night!

I was thinking we would do the 4 pm show and after the show hang around Fort Wilderness until we could do the Chip and Dale Campfire.

My plans went a little sideways because I did not realize they were closed on Monday and Tuesday.

They still have the campfire and movie but not sure if Chip &Dale are back yet. Might want to check at the camping forum. Guaranteed someone there has been recently and can say for sure.

Also consider the location if you are worried about it "being a little late". The venue is way in the back of Fort Wilderness and you have to take a bus from the parking lot. This can add about 20 minutes.

We go to the 6:15 show a few times a year and the 8:00pm finish does a number on some of the littles. They are exhausted from a long day of Disney. Then waiting for a bus or if you drive a bus ride and a ride back to your resort. It really does take about an hour once the show ends for us to get to our resort room.

We go to the 6:15 show a few times a year and the 8:00pm finish does a number on some of the littles. They are exhausted from a long day of Disney. Then waiting for a bus or if you drive a bus ride and a ride back to your resort. It really does take about an hour once the show ends for us to get to our resort room.
that hour is very true back to your resort no matter how you go

How much stamina does your 5 y.o. have?
Quite a bit actually! Last year was his first time and he made the fireworks most nights without a nap so pretty good I'd say! Going to go with the 4 more than likely just to have the rest of the night available. It'll be almost a late lunch early dinner and I'm assuming it's pretty filling.
The entire experience lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes. So, for the 6:15 pm show, we were walking out at 8:00 pm. They then have 30 minutes to prepare for the next show. In terms of timing, it just depends on what you plan to do that day. We have always done the 6:15 pm show - this past April we paired it with a 8:30 pm private carriage ride and then ended up at the boat dock at 9 pm as the MK fireworks were starting - it was a great night!
Sounds lovely! With small children?
I was thinking we would do the 4 pm show and after the show hang around Fort Wilderness until we could do the Chip and Dale Campfire.

My plans went a little sideways because I did not realize they were closed on Monday and Tuesday.
Will look into maybe doing similar. Perhaps even use the extra time to explore Wilderness Lodge.
Also consider the location if you are worried about it "being a little late". The venue is way in the back of Fort Wilderness and you have to take a bus from the parking lot. This can add about 20 minutes.
Did not know this and very good information. Thanks.
Yeah I think I'm sold on the 4. Will be doing maybe an Ohana breakfast early which will get us to 4 oclock without any other food perfectly. Although I say that now and the snacks just buy themselves!

Did not know this and very good information. Thanks.
Re the location: Pioneer Hall/HDD is in the Settlement area of FW. It's very close to the boat dock for the FW-MK boat. Many guests take the boat from MK to FW, if using Disney transportation to get to HDD.

If driving to HDD, parking is at the entrance to FW, the Outpost area. From there you must take an internal bus to the Settlement to see HDD.

And finally, there's a bus that runs between FW and Wilderness Lodge, takes about five minutes. That makes it easy to explore WL after HDD, if you want to do that, then you can take the boat or bus from WL to MK to get back to your resort. The Tri Circle D stables, where the Disney draft horses and Cinderella carriage ponies live, are also nearby to Pioneer Hall, and there's a playground as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter