• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo?

MrsPrice

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are going to book Hoop Dee Doo but am concerned where it is located. We are staying at AoA. Wondering if we should just use the Lyft service to get there. It will be our first day there so we are not going into any parks. Also, any tips or info from those who have been there before?

Thanks a bunch!!

You won't be able to Lyft to the exact location. You can Lyft to the campgrounds and then take the internal bus system over to Hoop Dee Doo. The bus system is kinda confusing but the drivers are really good about asking where you are going and telling you when to get off. We went for the first time in October and took Lyft to the main campground building and then waiting for the bus service. Entire trip took maybe 20 minutes and the bus drops you off almost infront of the theater!

Ok- I tried to find it on the map of the campground but was unsuccessful. So everyone takes the bus to the restaurant? I saw there is a ferry from MK- is that easier? Thank you

FW has an internal bus system because it is so large. So if you Lyft there the internal bus system will have to take you the rest of the way. The ferry from MK is an option and I don't believe you will need the internal bus of you take the ferry. You can also take the ferry to FW from WL or CR.

Ok- I tried to find it on the map of the campground but was unsuccessful. So everyone takes the bus to the restaurant? I saw there is a ferry from MK- is that easier? Thank you

The ferry is actually a really easy trip and as PP said would help save the cost of the taxi. The dock is a short walk from the restaurant (I honestly don't remember how far exactly). At the end of the night, you would either have to take the ferry back to the Magic Kingdom and grab a bus back to AoA or take the internal bus system back to the front of the campgrounds and call a Lyft. If you can work going and coming via the Magic Kingdom that might be the least stressful option! The ride to and from is also very nice. Just be aware that if it is a chilly night, it will be a chilly ride haha

The ferry is actually a really easy trip and as PP said would help save the cost of the taxi. The dock is a short walk from the restaurant (I honestly don't remember how far exactly). At the end of the night, you would either have to take the ferry back to the Magic Kingdom and grab a bus back to AoA or take the internal bus system back to the front of the campgrounds and call a Lyft. If you can work going and coming via the Magic Kingdom that might be the least stressful option! The ride to and from is also very nice. Just be aware that if it is a chilly night, it will be a chilly ride haha
Agreed. Easy walk of at most 10 minutes and you'll find the walking route simple as a majority of ferry riders will be going to the restaurant as well.

I would highly recommend Lyft to get to Fort Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo. We did this in January & were very happy. The direct transportation saved us a good deal of time instead of needing to transfer to multiple buses. The Lyft drivers cannot take you directly to Pioneer Hall, however they take you to the Outpost & from there you can transfer to the bus to Pioneer Hall. If you decide to use Lyft for your return trip, do not use Pioneer Hall as the pick-up location, it is confusing to the Lyft driver. Give Disney a call & have them provide you with the best address to use for a car service pick-up from the Outpost. They will give you an actual address to use & this makes it much easier. I wish I saved it, sorry :)
The show itself is much fun. It starts on time, so don't be late-they start serving food immediately. We have many funny stories about getting to Pioneer Hall over the years because it is a little tricky, especially if you have a bigger group with people coming from different locations in WDW. Despite telling everyone, "give yourself plenty of time, get your bus route, etc worked out early in the day", I guess those members of our family just didn't believe me & would come scrambling down the path, out of breath, totally freaked out. It's funny now thinking about the looks on their faces, but it was stressful for them at the time!
Our family has been at least 15 times to this show. My kids will not allow us to miss it & they are all now young adults! Have a great time!

the ferry from MK is the easiest way to Hoop and it a very short walk from boat dock to there. the ferry ride is only about 20 minutes but i would allow time to wait for a second boat as you watch the one pull out as you are walking to the dock. only cars that can let off near Hoop is the Minnie Vans and I am not sure exactly where they let off. if you would decide on Lyft remember at the end of show/dinner that you will need to take campground bus back to other end of campground which could take as long as 15 minutes from when you pull out of bus depot to get the other end depending on how many loops have people getting off or on to get to where you could meet your Lyft. and yes everyone has to take either bus, boat/ferry or golf cart from people staying at campground

Hello,

We are going to book Hoop Dee Doo but am concerned where it is located. We are staying at AoA. Wondering if we should just use the Lyft service to get there. It will be our first day there so we are not going into any parks. Also, any tips or info from those who have been there before?

Thanks a bunch!!

Have a great time!
Yummy food
And a good ‘ol time.

We love the Hopp Dee Doo
I ditto take the bus to MK - then boat to Fort Wilderness.
Then, after the show, if MK is still open - take the boat back to MK, then the bus back to AOA.
The boat ride is part of the fun on a nice day/evening.
No cost to you - leave an hour for transportation.

Plus before you get into the building, you can browse the little shop before the show and if I am right there is a place a few steps a away to see horses.

Since it suddenly dawned on me that you said this was a non park day (duhhhhhh), take a bus to MK from AoA ( no idea if this involves a bus transfer or not) or the monorail from Epcot to MK followed by a boat ride. I've never visited any of the "A" hotels so this is not RL info just guessing.

We were staying at OKW and took the bus over to MK and then the ferry to wilderness. It was easy, we allowed 2 hours for travel and we were there in lots of time..

We took the boat from MK. Got there a little early and walked over to check out the ponies and the stables. Playground near by if ya have some little ones.

Is this the same boat that goes to WL? Does it also stop at FW for HDDR or is that a completely separate boat?

We are also doing HDDR on a PM MK day but we might be leaving from POFQ after our midday break. But we might already be at MK. Depends on how long we break for. I was thinking of doing a Minnie Van if we were still at POFQ but $25 is a bit steep for me and Uber doesn't take you directly there so bus to MK and boat to FW would work well.

We love Hoop Dee Doo for dinner. We've gone several times and we've traveled by ferry from MK, our own car and bus from our resort. In terms of what is easiest, def what other posters have said - ferry from MK if you are at MK. Our car was second easiest but we still had to take the internal bus system once at FW. And the buses from the resort to FW were the most inconvenient (and timely!). Not sure about the Minnie Van service b/c we never took it, but that seems pretty direct if you don't mind spending they money. Enjoy the dinner and shows, it's a lot of fun!

The boat from MK to FW is usually direct. There is also a boat that goes from FW, to WL, to CR in a cycle.
If you go to the last show, and MK is not open when you get out, there will be busses that go from Pioneer Hall to your resort. You will not have to use the internal bus service. I will reiterate, this is usually only offered last show, if MK is not open.

Just a note, be aware, from what I understand, you will have to go through security to get to the boat if you take the bus to MK. You will then have to go through security again to go from boat to bus at MK.
Another option is to Lyft or Uber to WL and take the boat to FW from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter