• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo?

Hoop is a hoot. From AoA it may depend on time and $. If you have time, it will be free to take the bus to MK and then the boat to FW (which is lovely and adds to the adventure). If you are pressed for time, Lyft is fine, then a bus to Hoop. Enjoy and have a wonderful time!

You could also Lyft from AoA to the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge and take the boat from there to Fort Wilderness.

Love Hoop! We usually take the boat from MK and agree it's part of the adventure! Once the boat drops you off at FW, it's just an easy walk and Pioneer Hall is on the right. If early, you can grab a drink and relax in the rocking chairs until show time, or go visit the ponies. There's a play ground there kids can get dirty in before the show too! lol Been there, done that! There used to be horse carriage rides there, but I'm not sure if they still do it.

Funny story: I took my aunt/uncle to WDW for their first time. They were in their late 70's then. We did Hoop Dee Doo towards the end of the trip and they'd seen so many animatronics during the trip that when we saw the horse drawn carriage, my aunt asked if it was real! lol She was serious!

I have to ask, since we're booking our reservation for HDD tonight. We're planning on doing the show our first night, possibly heading to another park (since MK is having MNSSHP) before the show. Is it as simple to get to Fort Wilderness? Can we just simply take the Disney Resort bus to Fort Wilderness and take the internal FW bus to Pioneer Hall?
And on the return, if we do the later show, is the MK ferry operating? I've never done this show, and the planning it seems to take is a little overwhelming! Thank you for any advice!

I have to ask, since we're booking our reservation for HDD tonight. We're planning on doing the show our first night, possibly heading to another park (since MK is having MNSSHP) before the show. Is it as simple to get to Fort Wilderness? Can we just simply take the Disney Resort bus to Fort Wilderness and take the internal FW bus to Pioneer Hall?
And on the return, if we do the later show, is the MK ferry operating? I've never done this show, and the planning it seems to take is a little overwhelming! Thank you for any advice!

Your resort bus won't go directly to Fort Wilderness. Unfortunately the buses don't go resort to resort. So you'd have to go somewhere like MK and then take the bus to FW or take the Ferry, which is actually very nice, scenic and then you don't need to take the internal FW bus as it drops you off with only a few minutes walk to Pioneer Hall. The Ferry is operating on the return as well. It's a great show and my family loves the food, you'll have a great time!

It's not possible. Pioneer Hall is not accessible that way.

We booked a private van through Disney Weddings to take our group of 14 directly to Pioneer Hall for our rehearsal dinner next week. It was $$$$$ so they better drop us off right in front of it. It says it will in the contract.

That is literally what everyone means when they say Minnie Vans take people to Pioneer Hall, they drop guests off that the little depot down the walkway from the hall.

How far is the walk? I booked the van so my grandmother wouldn't have to walk a long distance.

Since it suddenly dawned on me that you said this was a non park day (duhhhhhh), take a bus to MK from AoA ( no idea if this involves a bus transfer or not) or the monorail from Epcot to MK followed by a boat ride. I've never visited any of the "A" hotels so this is not RL info just guessing.
MK yes; Epcot would add a lot of time.

An MK bus will take you right to MK. Going to Epcot will make this a four-step process: Bus, Epcot Monorail, MK Monorail/Ferry, Boat Launch to FW.

How far is the walk? I booked the van so my grandmother wouldn't have to walk a long distance.

It's not that far, but could be problematic for someone with any sort of disability, for example. The little blue boxes at the bottom of the pic indicate the bus stop:

upload_2018-4-18_11-57-27.png

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes. We took a Minnie Van from the YC to Hoop De Doo last November and he took us to the stables right near Pioneer Hall. Its better than taking the bus to WL. The driver even commented that only Minnie Vans can do that since they are Disney owned. Uber and Lyft cannot even though the Minnie Van is booked through the Lyft app.

Soooo... if we took the bus from our resort (Dolphin) to MK in order to take the ferry to FW for Hoop, do you go through any security before the ferry?

Soooo... if we took the bus from our resort (Dolphin) to MK in order to take the ferry to FW for Hoop, do you go through any security before the ferry?

Yes, you have to go through security after you exit the bus to get to the boat docks. If you do the reverse after, you go through security after you exit the boat before getting to the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter