Hope1826's TR - SBP/Attic/Upper UK - Wedding Pics Finally - Page 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
New bouquet, albeit 3 weeks after the wedding

So after returning from our wedding, and dealing with weeks of lingering sadness over my disappointment in Disney Floral, I realized that we have PEONIES in our yard. We bought the house late last summer/ early fall, so it was a great surprise when they started blooming two weeks ago.

So not to beat a dead horse, but the following are pics of the "real" bouquet...

bouquet.jpg

the bouquet Rose said she was going to create for me...

peonymix.jpg

and my attempt at a photoshoot of the bouquet I made this weekend...

closeup4.jpg

MickeyEarsFloral.jpg

WeddingTripMay2008_Nikki311.jpg

Now I feel a little better. I also complained in the post wedding survey and I'm going to try to file a formal complaint. I realized this weekend that Rose also charged me for things that were supposed to be in the bouquet that she just completely left out. :headache:

Nikki

Oh Nikki! You did a great job on the bouquet! My old house had peonies in the yard- that must be why I like them. I have Laura for floral, hoping my bouquet will turn out ok:worried: And what a bummer to later find out things where missing:furious:

Keep up the tr, enjoying it:yay:

yeah, another great report! Why do some people think just because it's a destination wedding, that the bride and groom are required to spend their honeymoon with everyone!?!!?! :confused3 Your instructions said "Come early if you want to be with me" their loss that they didn't!

I know, I was kind of shocked that they kept insisting despite my multiple detailed explanations that we couldn't just abandon the other half of our guests who did read our schedule and booked their trips as we recommended.

I'd be interested to find out if this has happened to any other destination/Disney brides.

Cannot wait to read more. sounds like you had fun though.

We did have lots of fun!!

Great update. Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I'm working on the next installment, but kind of stalling, hoping I will get more pics to post.

love the update. yay ofr the hair trial going so well

What is it with not reading?

Now I need to ask about Bonnet Creek. SIL's sisters and their families are staying at BC June 28-July 3,we are going to Disney at the same time ironically and staying at BC. (I knw SBP well since we've stayed at BC about 6 times). Thye begged us last night to come stay at BC with them. I'm a Disney lover and love being on property for buses and ease. This is their first time at BC. Cna you get me some info on it from peopel who actually have stayed there. How easy is it to parks? amenities etc.

TIA (PM back to you)

My family LOVED Bonnet Creek. I can ask my mom to send me some pics for me to post. It is VERY close to Epcot, maybe a 2-3 minute drive. I honestly don't know if they have shuttles to and from the Parks, because my family had rental cars. But they absolutely loved it. I think that was part of why they wanted us to come over so bad.

YAY I am enjoying your TR so far!! I am glad you gave MW an A- we are going to use them too!!

I was seriously relieved. I had read such terrible reviews about them, but they did a great job for me. I hope they do an even better job for you!

Beautiful very beautiful everything was great!!! You had an amazing wedding the love was felt just by viewing your pictures.. May you both be blessed!

PS about your father my heart goes out to you. Be strong not only for yourself but for him ;) Everything will be alright.

Thank you so much for the compliment and the well wishes! :hug:

Oh Nikki! You did a great job on the bouquet! My old house had peonies in the yard- that must be why I like them. I have Laura for floral, hoping my bouquet will turn out ok:worried: And what a bummer to later find out things where missing:furious:

Keep up the tr, enjoying it:yay:

Thank you Sandy! I think peonies are addictive. My mom had them in our yard when I was growing up and there was never any doubt that when I got married that is what my bouquet would be. I think that's why I am so disappointed by what I ended up with.

Asking for a bouquet of a dozen or more peonies with only 3 roses and getting a bouquet of 4 peonies and 14 roses was a little jarring. I felt like Rose really didn't care. She was also very hard to get a hold of during our planning process. It took her two months to respond to one of my emails. :headache:

I'm sure Laura will be better. I can't wait to see your bouquet.

Nikki

the bouquet you made is BEAUTIFUL!! maybe you should get a job at Disney Floral and make the bouquets now! :thumbsup2 I hope you get some resolution for your floral problem!

Jennifer

the bouquet you made is BEAUTIFUL!! maybe you should get a job at Disney Floral and make the bouquets now! :thumbsup2 I hope you get some resolution for your floral problem!

Jennifer

Thank you Jennifer!! I think Disney FLoral would fire me though! It took FOREVER to make and I wasted dozens of flowers and there were ants and spiders everywhere. DH was freaking out the whole 15 minutes I had it in the house and our cats were chasing the ants around.It was hysterical!:lmao:

Nikki -- The bouquet is gorgeous!! But I have to admit your description of all the bugs reminds me of why I don't cut flowers from our yard and bring them in the house. :faint: I am absolutely bug-phobic. Glad your kitties had fun, though! :)

Just joining in! Love evrything so far. Sorry about your Dad :hug: . :wizard: for you and your Family.

OMG, you should have made your own bouquet! It's beautiful! And the pic looks like a professional took it! :goodvibes

I may be way off base here, but your disney bouquet doesn't look too far off of the pic you gave them. What about it disappointed you?

OMG - the bouquet you made is amazing!! :faint:

Thank you Carrie!!!

Just joining in! Love evrything so far. Sorry about your Dad :hug: . :wizard: for you and your Family.

Thank you so much! :hug:

Nikki, you are *so* talented! You've got more craftiness than I do in my pinkie.

:yay: crafts rock!! I think I'm going to drive my future kids insane with crafts.

OMG, you should have made your own bouquet! It's beautiful! And the pic looks like a professional took it! :goodvibes
Thank you! I think that's part of why I was so disappointed by Rose. I expected so much more from her.

I may be way off base here, but your disney bouquet doesn't look too far off of the pic you gave them. What about it disappointed you?

Yikes! There was so much wrong with it. Besides the visible white goo holding the fake stems together and the wilting and brown roses, Rose charged me for a more expensive bouquet than she acutally made.

I requested (and Rose had it accurately in the description she wrote in the Final Floral Breakdown), a peony bouquet (15 or more) with 3 roses and 3 sprigs of sage. The number of roses and sage was symbolically very important to DH and I. She charged me $25 alone for the sage. There was NO sage in the bouquet.

And peonies are more expensive than roses. And she charged me for a bouquet of 15+ peonies, but gave me less than half of that with 15+ Roses.

So the symbolism that was intended (and that I had discussed with her) was completely lost.

In addition to that. DH's boutenierre was the smallest of all of the gents, because they used two spray roses instead one large rose and one spray rose (as requested and in the Final Floral). AND right after the ceremony, we had to pin one of the spray roses directly to his jacket, because it fell of during the ceremony.

ALSO, the heads of the roses FELL off of some of the bridesmaids bouquets before we even got to the ceremony. Those bouquets were all safety pinned up. We shouldn't have had to worry about that 10 minutes before the ceremony.

All of the bouquets and boutenierres looked like they had been made from flowers they picked out of the garbage, or they made them days before the wedding and had them sitting there wilting, especially my bouquet. You couldn't put it in water, because there were no real stems.

:mad: :headache: :mad:

i was pleased with the floral for the alter and the tables though! :yay:

Making the new bouquet and taking pretty pictures of it was very theraputic. It makes it easier to ignore Rose's bouquet. I am so grateful though that floral was the only thing that went wrong.

Sorry for the super long repeated rant. :goodvibes

Nikki

any news on your misty pics??

Misty is still working on them. :worried: but I am ridiculous!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK, I am such an impatient idiot! Because I have been checking her site EVERY day, a million times per day, since we got home, I accidentally logged into my gallery using one of the many passwords I tried. Once you use the password at a computer, you are automatically logged in to that gallery every time you go back. So I don't even know what password I used. And every day when I go back into the gallery, she has deleted or added pics or enhanced some.

Anyway, DH and I saw the pics. :yay: I expected a lot from Misty, but I think she easily went well beyond those expectations. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them and I'm dying for her to finish up and give me the password, so that I can share them with you all.

She is really wonderdul! I'm glad you hired her too.

I really think this has been the only hard thing about hiring Misty. It's sooooo hard to wait. But it's so worth it. I knew that our wedding was the 4th she did in 5 days, so I knew I would have to be patient, bu I failed miserably.

I can't wait to see your pics too!!! Do you know where you want to have your pics taken? We didn't know, so we just let her take us where she wanted to go.

havent a clue!!

wanted some at the boardwalk but we are not seeing each other before the ceremony so i dont think we will have the time but i'm not worried as long as they are creative and fun

The bouquet you made is so pretty; I'm glad that you felt better after making it. Looking forward to reading the next installment.

any pics yet??

I emailed Misty this morning and I have my fingers crossed that when I get home, she will finally say that she's all done. I will keep you posted!

The bouquet you made is so pretty; I'm glad that you felt better after making it. Looking forward to reading the next installment.

Thank you Vanessa!! LOL, I was actually thinking about you and all of the stuff you made for your wedding when I made the new bouquet. I kept thinking... "I can do it! Vanessa made millions of things, so I can do it too!!!"

I can't wait to see how your at home reception turns out. I'm sure it will be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter