• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoping Disney treats AP like it is in Shanghai

nicki.momof3

Addicted to Disney Vacations
At Disney Shanghai they are not restarting AP days until the park is out of the advanced reservation period. I am really hoping the same news is shared with WDW AP holders.

Annual Pass holder Advanced Reservation before Park Entry
Shanghai Disneyland will officially reopen to the public on May 11, 2020.

To ensure fairness for our valued Pass holders, the Advanced Reservation Period will not be counted as part of the Annual Pass validity period. We will update the Annual Pass expiry date by the end of the Advanced Reservation Period. Please refer to “Annual Pass Expiry Date Extension Policy” for detailed information.

Annual Pass Expiry Date Extension Policy
The validity period of a Shanghai Disneyland Annual Pass will be extended for the number of lost days falling between the park’s closure date of January 25, 2020 and the end of the “Advanced Reservation Period.” A Shanghai Disneyland Annual Pass that expired before January 25, 2020 or that was purchased after the end of the “Advanced Reservation Period” will not be extended.

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/annual-pass-notice/

If they follow through on the earlier plans to reopen one park at a time, I would also hope that the clock doesn't start "ticking" again until all four are open.

If they follow through on the earlier plans to reopen one park at a time, I would also hope that the clock doesn't start "ticking" again until all four are open.
I totally agree! It won't cost Disney a penny to do this. Actually it would increase revenue as I will spend more money on trips to the park as I had originally planned.

What earlier plans? Disney's never announced any such thing. All it's ever been is speculation from people who have no more information than you or I saying this is how Disney will do it.

Fingers crossed that WDW handles this in a similar fashion. I was hoping to get three or four trips with my current AP.

Hoping that they make them "active" as soon as they are used, but that if they aren't used, they remain paused until they aren't discriminating, denying entry, and/or capacity limits prevent people from being able to use them. We shouldn't have to pay for something they won't allow us to use. I mean, bumping everyone the number of days until they are open to everyone is cool too, but I can see that it would be reasonable to stop the pause for those going July 11th. I can't wear a mask for medical reasons (neither can hubby). If they deny me entry, then they better not be charging me for my annual pass.

What earlier plans? Disney's never announced any such thing. All it's ever been is speculation from people who have no more information than you or I saying this is how Disney will do it.
Actually this was definitely a plan within the executive offices. (Source - someone who was present in the meetings) It was never announced publicly because it was still in the planning stages, as plans can change at a moment's notice. It may well have already changed, but it was certainly in the plans as of, if I remember, around the 10th of this month.

ETA - indeed they have changed, it seems. The earlier plan had, for instance, Epcot not opening before September, and possibly into October.

Last edited:
I would love this. But my question is, what happens after your expiration date, if the reservation period is not over? Is your pass extended to a certain point at that time, to be further extended at the end of the period? If they don't give an extension date until after the reservation period is over, how would you be able to go after expiration?

Thought I read something from Disney yesterday indicating they will not be handling APs at WDW the same way they did at Shanghai Disneyland - but the APs will be active day 1 of any of the parks opening in Florida. I guess it's viewed as different from Shanghai, since they only having one park. While at WDW there will be 2 parks, and then very quickly 4 parks to potentially get a reservation to enter. But unless something changes, it seems like 7/11 will be the day the AP extension days/refunds will end for WDW.

Of course, information is flying - and even info that sounds official could end up being adjusted. But that's what I'm reading now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter