hoping to do a gender reveal at WDW need help!

MDavis82

Earning My Ears
Basically want to do a gender reveal at disney this weekend. I have the gender in an envelope currently and neither of us know what it is.

Here's my vision we will have a boy and a girl banner or boy and a girl mouse ears. We give the banner or ears or whatever to a cast member with the envelope we turn around and the character will present the proper ears or be holding the banner of the gender.

Obviously would be great if we could get Mickey and minnie or just mickey involved in this. So we are thinking our best bet is the chase meet amd greet photo offered at epcot (is it only epcot?) But we have no way to know when what character will be there. As I understand it rotates between mickey/goofy and minnie/pluto.

Is there any way to get a hold of the schedule or someone I can talk to beforehand to set this up.

Even outside the chase thing any idea if this is something I could set up with the character meet and greet beforehand ?

Any ideas? I contacted disney and they just said the characters can be "rented" for catered events.. yeah thanks!

Thank you in advance for your help with this!

Basically want to do a gender reveal at disney this weekend. I have the gender in an envelope currently and neither of us know what it is.

Here's my vision we will have a boy and a girl banner or boy and a girl mouse ears. We give the banner or ears or whatever to a cast member with the envelope we turn around and the character will present the proper ears or be holding the banner of the gender.

Obviously would be great if we could get Mickey and minnie or just mickey involved in this. So we are thinking our best bet is the chase meet amd greet photo offered at epcot (is it only epcot?) But we have no way to know when what character will be there. As I understand it rotates between mickey/goofy and minnie/pluto.

Is there any way to get a hold of the schedule or someone I can talk to beforehand to set this up.

Even outside the chase thing any idea if this is something I could set up with the character meet and greet beforehand ?

Any ideas? I contacted disney and they just said the characters can be "rented" for catered events.. yeah thanks!

Unfortunately, if you want a character all to yourself at a very specific time, you're going to have to pay for it. Disney has already given you their answer with regard to setting anything up ahead of time.

When friends got engaged at Disney, the groom clued a caricature artist in on his surprise. He had them do a drawing of him down on one knee with a ring and a banner at the top that read "will you marry me?" Perhaps you can give the envelope to the artist CM and have them draw a picture of the two of you holding your bundle of joy with a banner reading "it's a..."

This sounds Like so much fun! And the resulting photos will be an awesome keepsake. I'm sorry I don't have any direct advice, but I'd just suggest if you don't get some expertise in answer to this thread, try posting again with a heading specific to "character expertise" or something because a lot of current and former CMs do read here and if they don't happen upon this thread, perhaps mentioning characters will grab their attention.

Meanwhile, my guess is that the relatively uncrowded Chase Visa meet is a good choice and I'd simply try going in with your props and explaining to the handlers what you have in mind. Although you wouldn't be able to guarantee which characters, you'd still get to do the reveal with a character

Mickey and Minnie meet together at Adventurers Outpost in Animal Kingdom. You can always ask the Attendant to help you but you'd need to have everything organized so that the complete reveal doesn't last more than a couple of minutes. If you explained to the Attendant and waited to be the last guests meeting for that meet and greet session, it will give the Attendant time to know what to quickly hand to the characters to present to you.

Minnie's line isn't very busy at DHS and her meet takes place in her dressing room. Probably not the ideal place for a reveal if you are having a boy.

We did a gender reveal at WDW!!

BEST IDEA EVER!

We had ADR for Chef Mickey's and I ordered a cake through the Contemporary. The inside would be blue or pink and after I had the ultrasound I trusted a friend to open the envelope and call the baker. As an aside, I chose Chef Mickey's because I wanted either Mickey or Minnie there and I didn't want to have to hunt them down in a park.

So, we ate our dinner and they brought out the cake. We cut it and saw pink! Minnie came over and we took pics with her and the cake and a sign that says "It's a Girl". (I had brought "It's a Girl" and "It's a Boy" signs with me for the photo).

Truly a lasting memory and everyone in the restaurant got in on the fun!

Honestly, I don't think this would be possible without a private rental.

As an idea, maybe take just the envelope and ask a princess at a meet to read it to you. That's much quicker so I'd imagine it'd be easier to do. Plus, Cinderella announcing if you are having a prince or princess would be adorable!

Honestly, I don't think this would be possible without a private rental.

As an idea, maybe take just the envelope and ask a princess at a meet to read it to you. That's much quicker so I'd imagine it'd be easier to do. Plus, Cinderella announcing if you are having a prince or princess would be adorable!
This is what I would do. They are not going to rework character scheduling for some elaborate production with props.

No advice, but this sounds really neat and memorable! Have fun and hope it works out! My babies were both surprises but that was before gender reveals became so popular, I totally would have found out at Disney!

Great idea! Last week the chase line was REALLY long we didn't even stand in it, so I wouldn't bank on that being less crowded. I would book a FP+ for mickey and explain to the first handler what you are hoping (that assigns rooms) and then the handler once you get in the room. It needs to be quick though so maybe let the handler open the envelope and hand it to mickey while your eyes are closed. Taking mickey does have longer interactions than the other characters because he talks (although I doubt he has any idea what to say in this case, but I may be wrong). You could also ask the cms at the hattery to look at the paper and pick that hat out and put it in a bag and then open the bag in front of the castle with a photopass guy there to snap photos.

There are a lot of cute picture ideas on Pinterest of this sort of thing. One of my favorites is Cinderella holding a banner.

I think the gender reveal using a character is a great idea, but like many PP have said, it needs to be short and sweet. I know it is a big moment in your life, but if you are waiting in line at a character meet and greet, you will be expected to "keep things moving". A character dinner might be a better way to get to spend more time with the characters and get some different shots.

We met Minnie in Animation Academy a DHS early in the morning. We were the only ones in line and had LOTS of time with her. You might give that a try. It's also a really cute backdrop as she is in her dressing room instead of just Character Spot or something like that.

Honestly, if this is truly what you want, then pay$$. Some things are worth it. It seems like it'd be worth it to you!

I think a character meal is the way to go. They spend way more time with you there and you have all the time you need to talk to your server to work out the details.

I don't see how you could explain what you want, turn around, have the attendant open the envelope and get it all set up, etc in a normal span of time that people meet the characters.

It sounds really fun, but everyone wants to use the characters in one way or another in their life events. It's just hard to set up appropriately, especially for free. I like the drawing idea. They could draw you holding a baby of the appropriate gender as a surprise.

I'd probably prefer finding a better gender reveal method over hoping there's short lines and cooperative CMs.

The thread title made me think someone was planning a Kaitlyn Jenner here, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bill From PA
9nc2lJd.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter