Horrible Experience Booking ADR's this morning (09/13)

And this is why I call a wonderful castmember who goes through it all for me and avoids any issues. It also helps that person keep their job. I hate doing a job that someone else is being paid to do.
Only you have to wait an hour later to call than you can do it online, so if you're looking for hard to get places they could be gone by then. There was a time not too long ago (I wanna say around mid-2019), where they actually told everyone not to call. I try to avoid talking on the phone every chance I get, I do appreciate your sentiment though.

I gave up after my first 2 days trying this week and just decided to run reservation finders. If we get something great, already tough since I need to seat 7. I have some reservations via open table for Disney Springs. Looks like it might be mostly quick service and eating offsite for us. Any recommendations for restaurants outside disney bubble (resorts & springs).

Today was my day too. I used Google Chrome on my laptop without issue until it decided it didn't want to load the page. I had gotten about 2/3 of my ADRs by then. I immediately switched to Edge and got the rest. Between the two browsers, I didn't have any gaps where I couldn't get ADRs.

I could only get my first day so far. On the app all my days show up. On the website only the first day shows up. I have tried edge, chrome and chrome incognito. I keep trying and get kicked out saying not able to reach server. Makes me a bit nervous about Genie coming along. LOL!

Yeah, I saw all the times available this morning but then when you go the next step - website issues. Tried from three difference computers or devices. It's a joke. A bad one.

Same, two weeks ago. I had been gold medal level great at ADRs on previous trips (I could get everything, even hardest to get ADRs), and it was a complete mess this time. System kept glitching and low availability. For the first time ever, missed out on a ton of things we wanted and got some really weird times.

It was even harder since I was booking for us and another family of 5 we're traveling with, so had to book separate ADRs (5/5 or 6/4) for each meal for the week. Discovered -
  1. I had to book the other party first or else our ADR would cancel out when I tried to book theirs.
  2. I can ONLY book for us, and not them, on the App. I need to go on my laptop and login, in order to book for us both.
Sigh.

Only you have to wait an hour later to call than you can do it online, so if you're looking for hard to get places they could be gone by then. There was a time not too long ago (I wanna say around mid-2019), where they actually told everyone not to call. I try to avoid talking on the phone every chance I get, I do appreciate your sentiment though.
The hour later thing can be an issue, but they have always been able to find me what I want, and usually close to if not exactly the time I want. They have magic in their fingers that I just don't have. I understand the not talking on the phone thing, I know people who feel the same way. Me on the other hand? I relish someone being paid to listen to me babble. I won't even use self checkout in stores!

Had the worst time getting ADR's today for our 8 day trip starting on 11/12. The App would never work and it was hit or miss on the website. Both me and my girlfriend were trying to get reservations for different days and she never could get any. I have done this for many, many, many trips and this was by far the worst experience working on the app or the website.

Did anyone else have issues. It took me 2.5 hours to get everything booked. I am in mountain time so it is going to be a very long day today - yuck.
I did mine same morning, no issues except I couldn’t get Ohana the day I wanted… still got it though. I was able to book Ogas too! I didn’t use the app.

That's just silly talk. How are Chapek's nieces, and nephews going to get a yacht over 60 feet with that kind of foolishness. Plus, ppl are still literally waking up at the crack of dawn just for a chance to eat at an overpriced restaurant, and stressing about not getting some of those reservations. That means everything is pretty much perfect. Complaints? What complaints? The money is what talks. Guess what they listen to?

Keep giving them more and more money. Everything is just fine. I mean, it must be fine, since everyone is happy, and eager to pay. Or else, they wouldn't, right?
It seems like it would have been more profitable to slap a price tag on the existing FP+ system but then they couldn't justify it as a new service.

Someone just shared this thread with me after I started (yet another) thread about the ADR issues I've had this morning. I tried 2 browsers on my phone and the app and two different browsers on my computer (with a 2 hour break between) and still haven't been able to book a single reservation...and I've had different error/technical issues on all devices/browsers. I am currently taking another break because this is ridiculous!

And I'm not waiting 2 hours to call to make ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter