Horsback riding at WDW?

Melissa

Mouseketeer
I know it exists but where and how much? Has anyone done it? My 5 year old DD Loves 2 things to excess, Disney and horses if we put them together I don't know what she'll do!!!

I can only help a little and it might not make your DD happy. They do have horse ridding at Fort Wilderness but you have to be 8 or 9 to do it. They have pony rides for the younger kids. They were like 3.00 I think but i don't have a clue about the prices of the horse rides as we did not do this.

Jordan's mom

Here's some info from Deb Wills site.

Do they offer horseback rides at Fort Wilderness?

Guided horseback rides are offered 6 times daily (8:30, 10, 11:30 a.m., 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m.) at the Tri-Circle D Livery at Fort Wilderness. The rides, which cost $23 per person, last approximately 45 minutes. Riders must be at least 9 years old and can weigh no more than 250 pounds. The horses are tame and walk pretty much single file during the ride. If you're an experienced rider, this ride may be too dull for you. If you've not had an opportunity to ride a horse before or have done so rarely, this ride may be just what you're looking for. To make reservations, call (407) 824-2832. It is strongly suggested that you wear long pants and that you do not wear open-toed or heeled shoes. To get to the Tri-Circle D Livery, you can drive to and park in the Fort Wilderness Visitor parking lot and walk; board the Boone Bus at the TTC and take it to the Fort Wilderness Depot bus stop; take the Fort Wilderness boat from the marina at the Magic Kingdom to the Fort Wilderness marina and then walk to the Settlement Depot bus stop where you'd then board either the Boone bus or the Dale bus to the Fort Wilderness Depot.

My DS did this a few years ago with his GF and really enjoyed it. I don't remember the cost.

We've done it and it was a blast, but not for kids that want a "wild" ride...very slow (emphasis on SLOW) riding, with not a lot of action, but I loved it!

$23! WOW, I thought it was $32! I must have read it wrong. S

My then 5 year old, DD did the pony ride on our last trip. It was just ride around a small area with an adult leading. My DD still talks about how she misses Snow....then she says Snow the pony at WDW. I would think the 45 minute ride would be too much for a 5 year old, but your DD can do what mine did. I think she rode maybe 2 or 3 times...asked for Snow everytime. :-)

The price has gone up to $32, it went up last summer I think. But, as others have noted you do have to be 9 years old in order to ride.

Fort Wilderness does offer a host of other activities including pony rides, hayrides, petting farm, carriage ride, old fashioned wagon rides and the campfire program.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter