Horseback riding ?

dbail2

DIS Veteran
Could someone please tell me about the horseback riding ? The ages and do the kids need experience and do we need reservations. Thanks...

The horseback riding is very mellow (only walking involved). Not sure about ages, but you do need reservations, which you can make the day you want to go, or ahead of time. I believe it's $32pp for about 45 min. :smooth:

dbail2,

I did the trail ride 2 years ago. Yes, you do need reservations, but I don't think they book up too quickly. The number to call is 407-WDW-PLAY. The cost is $32.00, and the minimum age is 9.

The trail ride itself is very tame. The horses are great- they sort of size you up when you get there, ask if you have any riding ability at all (I do, although you don't need any!), and match you to your horse. The ride lasts about 45 minutes, and it basically takes you back through the woods at the Fort Wilderness. Like I said, it's very tame- no trotting or running at all. It's at a nice, slow pace. There's really not all that much too look at on the trail outside of the wildlife, but we enjoyed it. Strike up a conversation with one of the guides, if possible. They were excellent.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have fun!

Mega

Could my 10-year-old daughter go on the trail ride without a parent? I'd rather wait for her than ride along.

BUMPING

I have a 9 yr old DD who would love this but am a single parent who will also have a 6 yr old - who is too little to go on the trail ride.. Thanks Michelle

Daughter was 9 (that's been a few years ago as she graduates from HS this June). We rode our bikes to the corral where she saddled up for a wonderful trail ride. I found out what time the ride was scheduled to return then went back to the motorhome until her pick-up time. I must say she loved this activity. We made reservations. I didn't need to go with my daughter. I did worry, alittle but one of the trail leaders took Krista under their wing. For the younger ones it's sort of like having a really fun sitter for an hour. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

thanks Dalepool ... wow a graduate !! good luck.. Michelle

I sort of remember a corral by the barn that gave pony rides---I hope this is the place I'm thinking about---I could be all wrong--and it's been 9+ years. ( It was the working barn not the one by the trail rides.)

Yes, there are pony rides for children, but not by the horseback riding area. They are still in FW, but on the other side, by the petting farm behind Pioneer Hall. You can take a boat right to that area from MK, or you can take a bus to the Settlement Depot! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter