Hot Dog! Hot Dog! Hot Diggity Dog! ~Upated 12/15 Darn! That's the end!

Monica, so glad to hear everyone is feeling better! Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Maddy's procedure went great!

That's good news! I'm sure Mom is relieved!

Ok, enough of that crap! :crazy2:

Wrong orifice.

And a great amount of "OMG what am I doing to my child???!!!" crying from me. At one moment I convinced myself that she would stay stoned.

I'm sure at the time, you weren't laughing but... now... :lmao:

Within 5 minutes of drinking the pink sweet smelling forbidden fruit, she was slumping down and becoming sleepy. I was thinking hey can I take some of that home?

pink sweet smelling drink black market, a growing concern.

news at 11.

Letting me in the OR was probably not the best plan. I wanted to make sure she was comforted until she fell asleep. Any good that did cause I was a crying fool; the last thing I needed was to see her fight the gas and clonk out. She wasn't in any pain nor does she remember anything after drinking the kiddie cocktail, walking away from her just killed me inside.

Awww... :hug:

The nurse walking me back said my reaction was because I'm a good mom, sure didn't feel like it at the time.

Nurse was correct.

Today she is her cute adorable stich-like self. Tim checked on her before he left for work this morning and she opened her eyes and bellowed: TWO MORE DAYS!

:rotfl: That's great! Kids are so darn resilient, aren't they?

Zack got the OK to do the water parks and rides. He just has to know his limits and be honest with me when he is tired. Which I believe he will.

:cool1:

Otherwise, I will just tell my mom to give up her scooter, suck it up and give it to Zack.

Yeah!

Darn. It was more fun the other way.

Get another KID!!! Are you kidding me? If we can lose one every trip, in a couple more years we can be empty nesters.

:lmao:

Monica

I so understand how you felt. I had two of my kids have to go under as well, one son was 18 months for tubes and the other son was 13 months was born with hypospadia and had to have a circumcision when he got older. I blabbered too! The nurses were great too. My first son who had surgery (the 13 month old) when I handed him over to the nurse in the OR said to me "the doctor takes care of his child patient's like they were his own" which I truly believe because he was always so nice to my son.

Glad to hear that Zack is cleared too! Can't wait for you to meet Lynda (I did in 2010) :cool1:

Great news! Please tell me you video taped her acting stoned...great fodder when she is a teenager. :)

Jill in CO

No, I didn't, but Zack is a witness.

So glad to hear everyone will be feeling better in time for your trip.
Commence packing.

Mostly packed and everything that can be is in the car.

I'm here!! A bit late but I made it.

You've had a serious roller coaster ride this week. {{{HUGS}}}} Mama, you made it through and everyone will be just fine.

So what's your itinerary? I can drive right past Disney on the way home from work and have stopped quite a few times. DH is a CM these days so I get lots of Disney therapu when I need it. :)

I'm looking forward to your updates.

Noni! It has been too long! I sent you a pm via here and the other place!

Wow! I bet you are glad to have Maddy's procedure over with.

Yep, send me that info. I can't wait to see you! :goodvibes

Check, I also sent you a pm here and there. Let's make sure this time!

Monica, so glad to hear everyone is feeling better! Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Thanks, we are in that lag right now just waiting for the time to leave and the clock is moving rather slowly, as I'm tapping my foot. And the kids, oy! How much longer, why is it taking so long, etc.

Monica

I so understand how you felt. I had two of my kids have to go under as well, one son was 18 months for tubes and the other son was 13 months was born with hypospadia and had to have a circumcision when he got older. I blabbered too! The nurses were great too. My first son who had surgery (the 13 month old) when I handed him over to the nurse in the OR said to me "the doctor takes care of his child patient's like they were his own" which I truly believe because he was always so nice to my son.

Glad to hear that Zack is cleared too! Can't wait for you to meet Lynda (I did in 2010) :cool1:

Zack is bouncing back really well and I think he can handle everything. I however have banned him from the wave pools, its very easy to get kicked in the gut in those.

Have a great trip!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill!

:drive: Have fun! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to it!

Have a good trip! :cool1:

Thanks!

I'm just trying to pass the time myself.

Tim cut the grass and almost had a heat stroke, OMG it's too hot over here, and I'm just a sweaty mess after packing up the car. It's my own fault cause I refuse to put the air on.

Off to church and dinner out, casue there is no food left in the house and I am NOT COOKING!

Subbing in now, I'll catch up later. Safe travels!:littleangel:

Just got caught up. Wow, what a time leading up to your trip! Glad all the kids are doing ok now. Can't wait to hear how the trip is going.

Funny Laura!

Arrived home at 11pm last night.

Slept some and as expected got a call from my FIL before the birds wake up.

He has to come over now!

Still in the unvacationing stage and I still feel like I am in motion from driving in a car so much.

My kids are STARVING cause there is no food in the house and I do not have it in me to go grocery shopping.

I did manage to find some bacon to fix up, so that should hold them off for a spell.

That's the Carolina's rubbing off on me.

We had a great time, met the famous Nebo and Smidgy and few other disers and there is so much to tell and have fun with!

I think for the first time, I don't have the disney vacation blues! I am very happy to be home and get back to my life.

After I take care of a few things, I will start the TR for reals! Maybe even tonight!

Welcome back!

Can't wait to hear all about the report!

Jill in CO

Yay! So glad you're back safely and you had a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DEPARTURE DAY OR IN OUR CASE NIGHT AND THE DRIVE DOWN

The kids are wild! And I mean that in the most literal sense. They are yelling and screaming and making this momma crazy! They got a good case of we are leaving for Disney ants in your pants!

They decide to play a game with a ball, in my house, and are throwing it around and hitting things and running and bumping in to one another while I am trying to think. I am trying very hard to ignore it but I don’t want something shattering just before we are about to leave.

I’m sure I wigged out and made them stop but all I can remember as I am trying to close up the house and sweating like we are already in FL, my family is sitting in the car with the air blasting while I am left to close up the house.

At least they are out of my hair!

I locked the doors and windows and made sure we weren’t forgetting anything like Nebo does.

I managed to use the stow-and-go space and the far back space for our things in the caravan. They only thing that was purposefully put in our people space was a small cooler with drinks and light snacks.

I seriously recommend packing in Rubbermaid type tubs if you drive down, it saves so much room and makes it easy to move things around.

My mom a day before dropped off her one tub of clothes which I allowed her and I have her things packed so all I have to do is stop at her house, honk the horn so she can come out and sit in her seat so we can leave………… You are about to meet my mom.

We get to my mom’s house and of course she is not ready. I even called ahead to give her the heads up that we are on our way and it takes about 30minutes to get there, but we are excited and a little heavy on the foot.

I tell the kids to get out and use the “potty” one more time.

They hate when I say it that way.

We all go potty and I asked mom if there is anything she needs help with.

She gives me her overnight bag which I also allowed her to bring and I take it to pack in the back of the car.

As I am there making some minor adjustments each one of my kids comes walking out with something. The look on my husband’s face as he hands his item to me is exactly how I am feeling, there is now twice as much stuff as we pulled up with.

So much for our people space in the car.

I tell everyone just to get in the car and I go back inside to get my mom.

She is diabetic and on meds and I ask her if she has all her pills and meds and she says yes and we lock up and get in the car as I am pulling out she tells me she forgot her book. I run in for that ask her if there is anything else, she assures me that is it, and we are back on our way………

The drive is really uneventful. Tim drove for about 5-6 hours before he was just fighting to stay awake, I napped here and there and gladly took over. I am not a good passenger and I am usually the designated driver.

We stopped for breakfast outside of Corbin Kentucky at a Cracker Barrel and put 506 miles behind us.

IMG_1755.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg

Bellies full we hit the road again, driving through the Smokey Mountains which were beautiful! The inclines and declines were very nerve wrecking for me so I was very happy to stop in Savannah Georgia just before 4pm where we had a planned overnight stay at a Hampton Inn. At this time we drove 962 miles. Phew! I love their hotels and I am comforted knowing I am going to be staying in a clean room.

disney2012day1010.jpg

Not like our stop a few trips ago, or was it the last one? Anyways somewhere in Chattanooga TN at America’s Best, don't stay there EVER, where I found a dozen earwigs in the bath tub! We high tailed it out of there and drove to a Hampton.

The kids got to swim, we had a nice meal out and had time to relax and get a good night’s sleep before the rest of our drive, about 6 more hours of he’s touching me, she’s looking at me, scoot over, I want a turn playing the DS, my mom yelling at the kids, me yelling at the kids, why did we drive again?

We got a kick out of the southern drawl and it was even evident in the elevators:

It has to be mentioned that I love my mom, but she can get to me and my sister, and just about everybody a lot! This trip was no exception. My kids even know and expect her to do “her thing” that drives us nuts and brings out the eye roller in me.

Driving in the car was crazy at times, the kids and her. I can deal with my kids cause I can yell and or threaten them. But with my mom, I can’t do anything but listen and secretly roll my eyes.

I am very good at listening to her cause she doesn’t know how not to talk. And what she thinks is appropriate topics to discuss with and in front of my children I don’t usually support. So, with this first leg of the trip behind us I was a little done with her and so tempted to be sneaky. Like here:

IMG_1758.jpg

I asked for 100 likes on FB and a bottle of Sangria and I would do it! She moved before I got 100 likes and no one was bringing me a bottle of Sangria and she is MY MOM after all.

I showed her the picture later and we laughed about it and I think after that she was careful where she sat.

Up next: A side trip and walk down memory lane

Fun segment of your report. I love the video of the elevator. That's something my family would do.

The kids are wild! And I mean that in the most literal sense. They are yelling and screaming and making this momma crazy! They got a good case of we are leaving for Disney ants in your pants!

Are Disney ants cuter than regular ants?

I locked the doors and windows and made sure we weren’t forgetting anything like Nebo does.

I hope you were also being careful not to injure yourself.

I seriously recommend packing in Rubbermaid type tubs if you drive down, it saves so much room and makes it easy to move things around.

Good tip.

She gives me her overnight bag which I also allowed her to bring and I take it to pack in the back of the car.

As I am there making some minor adjustments each one of my kids comes walking out with something. The look on my husband’s face as he hands his item to me is exactly how I am feeling, there is now twice as much stuff as we pulled up with.

So much for our people space in the car.

LOL

The drive is really uneventful. Tim drove for about 5-6 hours before he was just fighting to stay awake, I napped here and there and gladly took over. I am not a good passenger and I am usually the designated driver.

We stopped for breakfast outside of Corbin Kentucky at a Cracker Barrel and put 506 miles behind us.

IMG_1755.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg

Aw. Nice family photos.

Not like our stop a few trips ago, or was it the last one? Anyways somewhere in Chattanooga TN at America’s Best, don't stay there EVER, where I found a dozen earwigs in the bath tub! We high tailed it out of there and drove to a Hampton.

EEK!

We got a kick out of the southern drawl and it was even evident in the elevators:

Funny!

IMG_1758.jpg

I asked for 100 likes on FB and a bottle of Sangria and I would do it! She moved before I got 100 likes and no one was bringing me a bottle of Sangria and she is MY MOM after all.

LOL! That is awesome!

Great start!

DEPARTURE DAY OR IN OUR CASE NIGHT AND THE DRIVE DOWN

They decide to play a game with a ball, in my house, and are throwing it around and hitting things and running and bumping in to one another while I am trying to think. I am trying very hard to ignore it but I don’t want something shattering just before we are about to leave.

Like a knee cap!

I’m sure I wigged out and made them stop but all I can remember as I am trying to close up the house and sweating like we are already in FL, my family is sitting in the car with the air blasting while I am left to close up the house.

At least they are out of my hair!

You mean your wig.

Boy, you forget your wife one time and they brand you for life!

I managed to use the stow-and-go space and the far back space for our things in the caravan. They only thing that was purposefully put in our people space was a small cooler with drinks and light snacks.

Ok, gotta ask, what are Dark Snacks?

Does Rubbermaid come in my size?

I tell the kids to get out and use the “potty” one more time.

They hate when I say it that way.

We all go potty and I asked mom if there is anything she needs help with.

Um, you're not still talking about going potty here, are you?

I tell everyone just to get in the car and I go back inside to get my mom.

And to go potty again?

She is diabetic and on meds and I ask her if she has all her pills and meds and she says yes and we lock up and get in the car as I am pulling out she tells me she forgot her book. I run in for that ask her if there is anything else, she assures me that is it, and we are back on our way………

I'm a terrible passenger too,,, this should be interesting by the time I lose all my eyesight and we are drivingt down!

And 506 dollars behind you, I take out an equity loan to go and have breakfast at Cracker Barrel!

IMG_1755.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg

disney2012day1010.jpg

What a nice looking family, whose is it anyway?

The kids got to swim, we had a nice meal out and had time to relax and get a good night’s sleep before the rest of our drive, about 6 more hours of he’s touching me, she’s looking at me, scoot over, I want a turn playing the DS, my mom yelling at the kids, me yelling at the kids, why did we drive again?

Diane just loves that bridge in Jacksonville, that's when she asks why we drove again, too.

Driving in the car was crazy at times, the kids and her. I can deal with my kids cause I can yell and or threaten them. But with my mom, I can’t do anything but listen and secretly roll my eyes.

Iwas actually sad I didn't get a chance to talk to her that day, I wish we had more time.

Up next: A side trip and walk down memory lane

Thank you fro the update my dear, lots of fun so far, but I know you have your OWN incident coming up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter