Hot Dog! Hot Dog! Hot Diggity Dog! ~Upated 12/15 Darn! That's the end!

Um, Marita? That word you are so close to, would be foreboding, not quite sure where foreshadowing falls in.
At least you didn't say foreskinning

Just using the vocabulary of the Dis, where there is never any foreboding.... Live with it!
PS: You can have my share of the beach time .:beach:

Mony, disappointing but kind of funny about the fruit. When Brian and I went to DLParis, we had a lunch that came with fruit and chips. We didn't finish eating at the time, and left an apple and a bag of chips in a Disney bag, along with some partially used napkins. They were sitting in the basket of the scooter Brian had rented, and we left them there while we went on a ride. We came out, and someone had stolen the bag. I would have loved to have seen their faces when they found out they had stolen our leftovers and garbage.:rotfl:

I did it - I read all 10 pages and I enjoyed what you had to say.

I would have been done sooner but, my computer is old and slow,
(my children think I need a new and improved computer
- not yet I say !),
I went grazing in the kitchen.
Saw the leftover lemon meringue pie and Pinot Grigio from when my girlfriends were visiting,
the leftover BLT's from dinner -
(we have a a few gazillion tomatoes from the garden)
and the gazillion donuts that my niece brought over this evening (she works at a bake shop) and I shared them with the neighbors - told my husband to take them to work tomorrow.
Decided to have a small amount of the Pinot.
Then I had to hear about the Bills game from hubby.
Anyway -
Congrats to you - I wish you the best.
Hi, Tim.
A few Leo's here, too. They are stubborn and brilliant.
Glad Zack is fine.
We had the same problem with the dentist when our son was a child.
Both children did the ortho and they have fab teeth. I do not know if the experience he had as a child at the dentist made a difference or not, but
he is so attentive to teeth. They both have beautiful smiles.
Thanks for sharing the pics of your family. Your family is handsome.
Your Mother is fortunate to have you.

Driving along I-95 was great! Lots to look at and I love all the water

Just a note. If you're driving along a highway and it's all water. You're doing it wrong.
van.jpg

and it felt like hardly anyone else is driving but us and then I see this sign: Beaches next 5 exits.

It's like the siren call from the sea, is it?

Immediately I started singing Tone Loc’s Wild Thing (because that was the hit song that year and every car that drove the strip was playing that song at full volume, sigh).

:lmao: Ah, yes. A classic.

And I loudly announced that we were taking a short cut!

Looking at the clock we were ahead of schedule and this could be a fun little detour.

:worship: I'm doing that 'cause I just can't do that. I've got 'get there-itis' when I drive. No Stopping! "But I gotta pee!" Pipe down back there, you can go when we get there... in three hours.

I don't know why it it... it just is.

I know I got off 95 and turned left on to LPGA Highway and nothing looked familiar.

Who was I kidding, did I really think I’d recognize anything from gulp, 24 years ago

That's human nature isn't it? We expect things to always be like we remember them to be.

during a blurred and alcohol induced, best week of my life, first time being away from home, as an 18 year old?

Or that might account for it. :rolleyes1:

But, I was excited to see that we could drive on the beach, so being on vacation mode, I paid the $5.00 to drive my family on the beach to find a place to park so we could just put our feet in the water for a spell.

Okay, the last time I did that was about 30 years ago... I don't remember having to pay to drive on the beach. How's you're pickled memory on that?

The beach was hoping

Was it hoping people would stop driving on it? Poor beach.

but not overly crowed like a Disney Park

Yeah, those Disney Parks are pretty obnoxious. Always crowing about how much better than Daytona beach they are.

and my kids fell in love!

Aww. That must've put a smile on your face.

The boys found some hit chicks

That would hurt. I personally avoid hit chicks.

Not really but there was a fish that kept jumping out of the water right in arms reach in front of us which entertained us

Honestly, that would scare the crap out of me. "I'm not going in there! What's that fish jumping from????"
smiley-shark3.gif

We found them in case you were wondering and I believe we woke up with about 20 people sleeping all over the floor.

:lmao: That's awesome!

Now, I have never rented a home before for vacation and did everything on line and was honestly a bit nervous about being scammed.

I bet! I don't think I'll ever be able to take that leap of faith.

The owner was a gem, he even called me from the UK during the time I was considering renting but still, I was nervous that I drove all this way to find out I was a victim of a scam. You read about them all the time, don’t you?

::yes::

It was a garage with a ping pong table and a basket of toys that was 120 degrees. No one played in there the entire time.

Gee I wonder why?????

Because you were at the parks all day? :rolleyes:

Someone came and I left to bring in a load and I said don’t leave the car unattended.

There's kids involved here right? This'll never work! :rotfl:

Weclaimed our rooms and unloaded our stuff and the kids,

Were the kids packed in totes too?

and adults wanted to jump in the pool.

So we did.

:laughing: I have this vision of the adults just chucking their bags aside and jumping in, fully clothed. No waiting!

That in itself is a whole other TR. Let’s just say after this trip, I hope to never shop at Wal-Mart again. This one was crazy crowded full of rude, obnoxious people kinda place and I hoped and prayed that I would not have to go back there again this trip…….

Ugh. Sorry that happened. Why can't people just behave? Did they all not have parents who taught them manners?? :sad2:

In doing so we couldn’t find the bag of fruit we brought down. It was in a pretty 31 tote too.

So not just the fruit, but the tote was gone too. Actually, that's kinda weird. Grab the first thing you see, maybe?

Later on I will once again tell you why I think it was swiped and you don’t wanna miss that story, trust me.

Okay, standing by with bated breath. :goodvibes

I could not resist your trip report! I swore to myself I would not add another trip report to the ones I'm already trying to keep up with but I heard this big whooshing sound, felt a strong tug, and got sucked right in!

Just waiting to find out what happened to that fruit! popcorn::

Monica, as you can see, Ponzi will try to intimidate you by making fun of any typos you have. I wouldn't worry about it, really, it's all he has, that's why I throw in some extra for him to play with, and even then I have to literally "lead" him write to them.
I'm sorry now that I said he sounded normal.
Buzz, he didn't sound normal, I was just trying to make him feel good. Really.

And compared to him, you sound very, um, yes, very, ,,,Different, yeah, that's it, different.

Wow, only I can lose readers posting on somebody else's thread!

I could not resist your trip report! I swore to myself I would not add another trip report to the ones I'm already trying to keep up with but I heard this big whooshing sound, felt a strong tug, and got sucked right in!

Ummm... how shall I put this. What you just described... "whooshing sound", 'sucked right in"...

toiletsmile.gif

Monica, as you can see, Ponzi will try to intimidate you by making fun of any typos you have. I wouldn't worry about it, really, it's all he has, that's why I throw in some extra for him to play with, and even then I have to literally "lead" him write to them.

And compared to him, you sound very, um, yes, very, ,,,Different, yeah, that's it, different.

It's the little things that amuses him. But we indulge him, don't we?
MasterCookie-1.gif

Mony, disappointing but kind of funny about the fruit. When Brian and I went to DLParis, we had a lunch that came with fruit and chips. We didn't finish eating at the time, and left an apple and a bag of chips in a Disney bag, along with some partially used napkins. They were sitting in the basket of the scooter Brian had rented, and we left them there while we went on a ride. We came out, and someone had stolen the bag. I would have loved to have seen their faces when they found out they had stolen our leftovers and garbage.:rotfl:

I can see if it was already thrown out, because then the statement is already made, we do not want this anymore. ANY place else, HANDS OFF! And I mean that. Do not go touching MY STUFF!

I did it - I read all 10 pages and I enjoyed what you had to say.

Thanks! I know what its like trying to catch up with other's TRs. Don't I Nebo?

I would have been done sooner but, my computer is old and slow,
(my children think I need a new and improved computer
- not yet I say !),
I went grazing in the kitchen.
Saw the leftover lemon meringue pie and Pinot Grigio from when my girlfriends were visiting,
the leftover BLT's from dinner -
(we have a a few gazillion tomatoes from the garden)
and the gazillion donuts that my niece brought over this evening (she works at a bake shop) and I shared them with the neighbors - told my husband to take them to work tomorrow.
Decided to have a small amount of the Pinot.
Then I had to hear about the Bills game from hubby.
Anyway -

I thought you were gonna say you ate all of that! I get it, distractions kept nagging at you when you are trying to READ! How rude! :rotfl:

Congrats to you - I wish you the best.
Hi, Tim.
A few Leo's here, too. They are stubborn and brilliant.
Glad Zack is fine.
We had the same problem with the dentist when our son was a child.
Both children did the ortho and they have fab teeth. I do not know if the experience he had as a child at the dentist made a difference or not, but
he is so attentive to teeth. They both have beautiful smiles.
Thanks for sharing the pics of your family. Your family is handsome.
Your Mother is fortunate to have you.

That is very sweet of you to say cause I feel blessed to have her, even though sometimes it is hard to deal with her stuff.

Just a note. If you're driving along a highway and it's all water. You're doing it wrong.
van.jpg

That is why we pack oars.
It's like the siren call from the sea, is it?

Reminds me of Odysseus

Okay, the last time I did that was about 30 years ago... I don't remember having to pay to drive on the beach. How's you're pickled memory on that?

Wasn't allowed back then or it was because of the 10's of thousands of kids all over the place, you pick.

Was it hoping people would stop driving on it? Poor beach.

Sure makes me look like a horrible teacher right?

That would hurt. I personally avoid hit chicks.

But what do you know of hit clips???

Were the kids packed in totes too?

Yes in the stow n go!

:laughing: I have this vision of the adults just chucking their bags aside and jumping in, fully clothed. No waiting!

We literally talked about doing that those first two days got to 100 degress.

Ugh. Sorry that happened. Why can't people just behave? Did they all not have parents who taught them manners?? :sad2:

So not just the fruit, but the tote was gone too. Actually, that's kinda weird. Grab the first thing you see, maybe?

Okay, standing by with bated breath. :goodvibes

People amaze me, I am way to trusting especially at home, but not anymore! As you will soon find out.

Aren't you the sweetest thing trying to look out after me.

You of all peole should know that I can take care of things.

That little bump didn't make you go soft did it?

Ummm... how shall I put this. What you just described... "whooshing sound", 'sucked right in"...

toiletsmile.gif

:lmao: Totally missed the connection! Thank you so much for pointing that out to me. I would never have figured out why Monica took offense. Sorry Monica! I was trying to express how strongly your trip report drew my interest. Now I have to live with the ignominy of being flagged by ponzi! :sad:

Just waiting to find out what happened to that fruit! popcorn::

I must have missed this post, so sorry! Whoosing sound, hmmmmm, this reminds me of something and it's on the tip of my brain and give me a post or two, it might come to me........

:lmao: Totally missed the connection! Thank you so much for pointing that out to me. I would never have figured out why Monica took offense. Sorry Monica! I was trying to express how strongly your trip report drew my interest. Now I have to live with the ignominy of being flagged by ponzi! :sad:

What, now I'm confused, I don't take offense to much, did I post something and forget about it???????? Let me go look.......

Oh I did read that and forgot to post that swooshing is only our toilet over here you hear. I used to run a day care in my home and we were in need of a new toilet, the tank cracked. Tim went out on a Thanksgiving holiday and purchased this toilet like 12 years ago that now you see everywhere that make that sudden explosion when you flush, and if you are still sitting down you get air vacuumed right on to the lid. The salesman said a whole roll of toilet paper would go down it. I had a bunch of little mischievous kids at the time, it really was a no brainer, never had a plugged toilet since.

Rozz thank you for reading and posting! I welcome you with open arms!

Ok all caught up!

When we drive from CT to FL we eat breakfast at Crackle Barrel too!, it's the one right over the GA/FL line.

The house looks great! I cannot believe someone stole your fruit.

It's not so much the fruit, the bag was from 31 and a thermal tote and very well decorated. These bags are a huge thing over here and you get them through independent sellers at home parties. That had me more ticked off than missing fruit.

Plus my mom is forgetful as you will find out.

Hi Laura!

Monica they're popular over on the east coast too. I would have been pissed!

It's not so much the fruit, the bag was from 31 and a thermal tote and very well decorated. These bags are a huge thing over here and you get them through independent sellers at home parties. That had me more ticked off than missing fruit.

Plus my mom is forgetful as you will find out.

Hi Laura!

I do not know what 31 is ---?

Gotta love Mom !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter