Hot flash relief - Veozah (fezolinetant) approved!

luvavacation

DIS Veteran
Ladies of a certain age, if you suffer from hot flashes but cannot (or prefer not to) take hormones, there is a new medication that was recently approved. I am spreading the word because I was part of the clinical trials for this drug, and it worked for me.

Of course, do see your doctor and discuss all aspects of this drug, since it is prescription only. I am guessing it is also going to be quite expensive, as are most things that will make a woman's life more comfortable.:rolleyes1

When I entered the clinical trial, my hot flashes were horrible. I would be standing, chatting with someone, and suddenly the heat would well up inside of me and then I would start dripping sweat. Sleeping was essentially just napping between hot flashes. I was miserable for almost 2 years.

Then I started the clinical trial, and my hot flashes pretty much disappeared by the second day. It was amazing!

Unfortunately, the trial reached its end after a year, my dry and cool days ended, and I have been impatiently waiting for this drug to be approved.

And now it's approved, and I am letting women know, because it really worked, and I am so glad there is a non-hormonal option for hot flashes.

Talk to your doctor, and if it works for you, spread the word because we don't need to be uncomfortable, sweaty messes that can't sleep anymore! Good luck!

Thank for sharing this! I’m going through peri menopause and I can’t believe how awful it is. I’m taking a natural supplement called Menosense and it is helping somewhat, but good to know there’s another option.

The way you describe your hot flashes is very similar to what I’m going through. I’m scared because I’m just at the beginning of this and it’s horrible! I keep an entire change of clothes at work just in case. And the weird thing is when the hot flash is over I become absolutely freezing. Hard to know how to dress everyday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter