Hotel Advice

Sweetiepie

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Disney in late July. Which hotel would be best suited for 2 girls? (age 4 age 6) I heard lots of nice things about HIFS, and made a tenative reservation, and got a rate of $125. My husband is a teacher, and we can get the $99 rate at the Swan/Dolphin. I also hear that Embassy Suites, and Caribe Royale are just as nice. Any suggestions would be helpful. This is our first famliy trip to Disney. Thank you!

First of all ... Welcome to DIS!

You have a lot of catching up to do if you're going next month, but you found the right place to do it ;).

If your hubby can get a good rate at the S/D I would stay there. You're in the middle of the magic and you have Disney transportation. I've heard that the pool area is also quite nice.

We have stayed at the HIFS twice. If I was going to choose between it and another off-site suite hotel such as Embassy Suites, I would pick the Embassy suite type hotel, if your two little ones would be comfortable on the sofa bed, thus giving you your own room. (If not, HIFS might be better) You would most likely have a larger living area and a more complete kitchenette than at the HIFS, plus some of these other hotels cook your breakfast to order. If you're accostumed to staying all together in one room, and being "so cozy" works for you, I would go with the Swan/Dolphin. After staying in Suite Hotels, I'm finding one regular hotel room a little confining:)

Another issue to consider is if you would use any of the benefits extended to on-site guests, and how important those are to you. They may be such an advantage that it is worth it to have a little less space.

We love the Caribe Royale...we had a two bedroom villa, I am sure the one bedroom is nice as well...and it was great having the full kitchen and a washer/dryer right in the room...you don't have to pack as many clothes that way. The caribe is very close to disney, and also convenient to Sea World and Universal.

If you are looking for the most convenience in getting around the disney parks I would go for the dolphin...although you would have a regular hotel room...the resort is beautiful...great pool and getting to and from the parks is a breeze...you won't have to worry about driving anywhere. Just use disney transportation.

Swan/Dolphin with the teacher rate!!! You can walk/boat to Epcot and MGM and be in the middle of the magic. I have not stayed there, rather at a Disney moderate and will NOT stay off property again! If you are going to Disney, stay in Disney. We never left property during our entire trip and felt so very pampered and special. You can also get a moderate for $99 during that time with a mousesaver code. We did that over the Swan for the full Disney benefits. Either of those would be best in my opinion. Check out the resort board for more advice!

If you want space do not go with HIFS. Yes, it is 3 rooms but I was expecting that spacious "suite" feel when we opened the door and I gotta tell you... the place felt cramped (and got smaller and smaller with each passing day :~)! You're children might enjoy the kidsuite and there is a nice pool area. As far as the breakfast goes, it was just OK.The next time we go, we'll definitely go with Embassy or Caribe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter