Hotel an hour out?

Sadeesmom

Mouseketeer
We are driving about 16 hours from the Midwest, coming in on I75.
We did this 5-6 years ago & stayed just south of Atlanta, but are hoping to stay a bit closer to Orlando this time - ideally, about an hour before the parks.
(with the plan being to leave home early in the morning, drive ~15 hours (plus gas/food stops), stop for the night, drive ~1 hour, check into our on-site hotel & hit the parks.)
It looks like this could be Leesburg/Ocala maybe? (I'm terrible at reading a map). Does anyone have any suggestions for a safe, cheap location? (Not looking for any amenities at all - this is an extreme budget trip)
Thanks in advance!

If you're just looking for a cheap motel, try Wildwood (last exit before the turnpike). There's a Motel 6, Days Inn, and Red Roof.

We did this 5-6 years ago & stayed just south of Atlanta, but are hoping to stay a bit closer to Orlando this time - ideally, about an hour before the parks.
(with the plan being to leave home early in the morning, drive ~15 hours (plus gas/food stops), stop for the night, drive ~1 hour, check into our on-site hotel & hit the parks.)
It looks like this could be Leesburg/Ocala maybe? (I'm terrible at reading a map). Does anyone have any suggestions for a safe, cheap location? (Not looking for any amenities at all - this is an extreme budget trip)
Thanks in advance!
I'm in Ocala and were about 1 1/2 hours from the park.

Thanks in advance!

We’re in Leesburg and it’s an hour away, but it’s pretty far out of the way from I75 and the Turnpike. It take us a good 20 minutes just to get to the Turnpike.

I would agree with the PP and stay in or near Wildwood. You could go into The Villages or Lady Lake but those would also be out of your way a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter