Hotel Cheyenne questions

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
Having only ever done winter trips i have a few questions about our july trip
1) am i right in assuming cheyenne doesnt have aircon in the rooms?
2) does the ceiling fan help or work even or is it just decoration
3) can you hire room fans or fridges
4) how far do the windows open, ie can they be left open for ventilation but not enough for someone to break in
5) thinking about windows and security would you request a first floor room
6) is there anywhere at cheyenne to get ice and is there an ice bucket in the room
7) is the hotel water ok to drink, have boiled it for hot drinks but never drunk it fresh from the tap

I cant believe we've on our 10th trip and i've never looked at these things before and yes i am hoping for nice weather ;)

Hi Jill, I can't believe I have stayed there so many times and can only answer one of your questions :rotfl2::rotfl2:

There is ice available from Annie Oakleys [the laundry] which is not far from the main building, and i would think there would be other places too? But I would request a room near to the laundry anyway as its so handy, I should be able to tell you about the windows and fan but I really can't remember....sorry!

I do drink the tap water at DLRP and have never had a problem, not sure if you're meant to or not :confused3 ?

K

The ceiling fans do work and the windows do open - not sure how far as we only had them open a little.

Not sure how far the windows open but I do remember a friend of mine managed to climb through one when we stayed there with the school. She had snuck out and when she cam back she saw the teacher standing in the corridor so the only way to get in without being caught was through the window. Having said that she was tiny hence the nickname Pixie:rotfl:

Thanks everyone,
A summer trip is totally alien to me, we've had 1 or 2 trips where we might've left the hats, gloves and scarves in the room, but it's always coats and layers plenty of hot drinks and make sure the heatings on for when we get back. The only time I've opened a window was at HNY to listen to the music from the icerink and that was January, so I didn't listen for long. lol

I'll be really interested in hearing your views of a Summer trip on your return Jill - its the one time of year we've never done at DLP :).

jillrobinson said:
Having only ever done winter trips i have a few questions about our july trip
1) am i right in assuming cheyenne doesnt have aircon in the rooms?

No aircon, just a heater.

2) does the ceiling fan help or work even or is it just decoration

It works, Bit noisy but it does the job :-)

3) can you hire room fans or fridges

No :-( No space for them.

4) how far do the windows open, ie can they be left open for ventilation but not enough for someone to break in

They pivot, but ask for a first floor because smokers sit outside!

5) thinking about windows and security would you request a first floor room

As above - I like privacy.

6) is there anywhere at cheyenne to get ice and is there an ice bucket in the room

Annie Oakley has one, I can't remember if you get an ice bucket...

7) is the hotel water ok to drink, have boiled it for hot drinks but never drunk it fresh from the tap

We drink it, and its coldish too. France has a good sanitary system.

I cant believe we've on our 10th trip and i've never looked at these things before and yes i am hoping for nice weather ;)

Hope this helps, love the Cheyenne!

Thanks for the info, I think I'll ring a week before and ask for a first floor room, not really comfortable leaving windows open on the ground floor. I love the Cheyenne but I would've liked a pool, but the family are happy and don't think we'll have the time for swimming anyway and they don't share my optimism for fantastic weather. lol

Oddly Elaine I wasn't really looking forward to it, mainly because I'm worried about the crowd levels, but we've 7 days park tickets so if necessary we'll go off in the daytime and return to the park in the evening when maybe it will be quieter :scratchin

jillrobinson said:
Thanks for the info, I think I'll ring a week before and ask for a first floor room, not really comfortable leaving windows open on the ground floor. I love the Cheyenne but I would've liked a pool, but the family are happy and don't think we'll have the time for swimming anyway and they don't share my optimism for fantastic weather. lol

Oddly Elaine I wasn't really looking forward to it, mainly because I'm worried about the crowd levels, but we've 7 days park tickets so if necessary we'll go off in the daytime and return to the park in the evening when maybe it will be quieter :scratchin

It will be very busy Jill. Especially for Dreams. September last year was heaving due to the late opening, maybe EMH and late afternoon rather than evening, or possibly late afternoon onwards. Be prepared, its a lot different to off peak but its manageable. Just pace and choose a couple of objectives per day to achieve. And make use of those fastpasses! Looks like we're going to go in July too if the passport doesn't surface.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter