Hotel For Quick SOLO Trip To Disneyland While On Business (Cheap & Near Entrance) ??

JVivlemore

Earning My Ears
I am no longer living in California but about to visit for work in early February and wanted to come in a day early just to visit the parks without the kids this time! I've stayed at each of the Disneyland properties or the Holiday Inn Express (near McDonald's) for the visits with the family. Those hotels are all in the $170+ per night range currently. I don't need anything fancy but want something clean/safe and a bed that isn't as hard as a rock.

The Candlewood Suites on South Anaheim Blvd is $130
Hotel 414 Anaheim is $99
Anaheim Hotel is $119

Those are just a few options ... I'll be taking an Uber from John Wayne so if a hotel is slightly higher but has a free shuttle to the hotel that is also an option. For those who have stayed off site what are some options you would look at? I'm open to booking direct or through third party websites like Priceline, etc if needed too.

The hotel will be used to drop bags on Monday and then literally just sleep in once the park closes before I head to Burbank for meetings and my new hotel the next day. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Desert inn & suites
Red lion
Best western park place inn
Camelot inn
Park vue inn

There should be January specials.

They don’t have free shuttles to the hotels.

Desert inn & suites
Red lion
Best western park place inn
Camelot inn
Park vue inn

There should be January specials.

They don’t have free shuttles to the hotels.

Have a preference over the ones above? Have you stayed at each personally? I'll look into rates. The night of the stay is Feb 6th (not January by the way).

The best deal I've ever booked was Best Western Stovalls for $60 on LMTClub. It is recently remodeled and I thought the beds were comfy. I was solo when I stayed there and the walk back up Disneyland Dr. late at night was a little lonely, but I just tried to follow others who were headed that way.

Ive stayed at Desert Inn and Suites June 2017 and I will be booking again for June 2018. Its cheap, basic and very very near the pedestrian entrance. I do open close in the parks so I look for just somewhere to sleep, shower and store my luggage when I am in the parks.

Have a preference over the ones above? Have you stayed at each personally? I'll look into rates. The night of the stay is Feb 6th (not January by the way).
I have not stayed at red lion but friends have. They often have specials.
Haven’t stayed at park vue. But it’s on par with bwppi.

I’d rank highest bwppi, Camelot, desert.

We stay at HomeWood suites convention lately for the extra room.

I am no longer living in California but about to visit for work in early February and wanted to come in a day early just to visit the parks without the kids this time! I've stayed at each of the Disneyland properties or the Holiday Inn Express (near McDonald's) for the visits with the family. Those hotels are all in the $170+ per night range currently. I don't need anything fancy but want something clean/safe and a bed that isn't as hard as a rock.

Hotel 414 Anaheim is $99
Anaheim Hotel is $119

Those are just a few options ... I'll be taking an Uber from John Wayne so if a hotel is slightly higher but has a free shuttle to the hotel that is also an option. For those who have stayed off site what are some options you would look at? I'm open to booking direct or through third party websites like Priceline, etc if needed too.

The hotel will be used to drop bags on Monday and then literally just sleep in once the park closes before I head to Burbank for meetings and my new hotel the next day. Your input would be greatly appreciated!
AAA will get you a discounted rate at the Tropicana for Feb 6th, $129.
It's right at the crosswalk on Harbor.

Recently remodeled, we have stayed there before the remodel and really like the room and the location is great for going to the parks.

The Majestic Garden (used to be the Sheraton Anaheim) is showing up on Travelzoo and Expedia at $115 for 2/06. They have a free shuttle (private) to the parks. We haven't stayed there recently, but used to when it was the Sheraton. Rooms are large (a bit dated) and the distance is walkable both to the M&F tram, to DTD, and to the gates (about a 25 minute walk to the gates without any mobility issues and in good weather).

Desert Inn is very basic, clean and super close to the parks.

We like to stay towards the rear of the property. It is a slightly longer walk, but it is very quiet.

We last stayed there in April.

Hotel 414 Anaheim is $99
Anaheim Hotel is $119

Ahhh! You're JJ Ryan aren't you?? I didn't realize you moved away from Sacramento. I used to catch some of your afternoon radio on the bull.

My husband and I like to stay at the Best Western Anaheim Inn across from the park. The Tropicana is also nice. We stayed at BW Pavilions last trip and it was decent, but a little further away from the park.

Tropicana, Desert Inn, Del Sol (in that preference order) are all great no frill options right across the street from the foot entrance. There are also a few Alamo & Best Western on Katella that are under $100/night. You just walk down Disneyland Dr, past Grand Californian and you're at DTD.

My date has changed and so have the options apparently. Looking at February 5th now. Anyone have experience at the following? I would just be sleeping there after I have dinner at the park once the parks are about to close and leaving around check-out time so it doesn't need to be fancy. Just CLEAN and safe. I have a $50 uber the next morning to go to my next hotel in Universal City for business and the rate there is $200 before taxes so if the Disney property is too expensive I'm better off riding just going there for the night if that makes sense. So basically if I do the Disneyland area need to do it cheap for it to be cost effective. It's worth it just to have a place to drop my bag since I'm flying into John Wayne anyways.

Per Priceline
Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim At The Park (W. Katella) $105 including taxes/fees
America's Best Value Inn & Suites Anaheim (W. Katella) $103 including taxes/fees
Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort (Off Harbor Blvd) $110 including taxes/fees
America's Best Value Astoria Inn & Suites (Off Ball Blvd) $93 including taxes/fees
Hotel 414 Anaheim (Ball Blvd) $113 including taxes/fees
Budget Inn Anahem (Ball Blvd) $99 including taxes/fees

The reviews are all over the place and risking it and just randomly picking one doesn't seem like a good bet so figured someone here has stayed at them maybe?

Any thoughts with the new dates or other sites to check? All of the online sites seem to be the same and Hilton with my Hilton Honors in that area and IHG with say Holiday Inn Express are all pretty pricey options in comparison. No more rooms in there typical $120 range.

Ahhh! You're JJ Ryan aren't you?? I didn't realize you moved away from Sacramento. I used to catch some of your afternoon radio on the bull.

My husband and I like to stay at the Best Western Anaheim Inn across from the park. The Tropicana is also nice. We stayed at BW Pavilions last trip and it was decent, but a little further away from the park.

Ha .. Yes! :)

Have you checked the Super 8 on Disneyland Dr. ( https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super...WY,WT,WP,VO,DX,TM,CE&PriceFilter=0-2147483647 )? It gets good reviews here and on other boards. It is across the from the Majestic Garden (used to be Sheraton Anaheim) and is walking distance to the M&F trams. The link above says rooms for your date start at $75 per night.

Wow. The Super 8 is only $88 after taxes. That's incredibly cheap for something rated a 7.6. If it's a popular choice here I feel comfortable booking that. I've only stayed on Disney Property and the new Holiday Inn Express on the east side of the park. I'm assuming to get into the park from this hotel I would walk down Disneyland Dr and enter through Downtown Disney right? I heard they moved security to outside of Downtown Disney so wasn't sure how that changed entering from that direction?

... I'm assuming to get into the park from this hotel I would walk down Disneyland Dr and enter through Downtown Disney right? I heard they moved security to outside of Downtown Disney so wasn't sure how that changed entering from that direction?

Check this thread for more info on walking from the Super 8 (or any hotel in the Ball Rd./Disneyland Dr. area): How to walk to Disneyland from Motels north of Mickey and Friends?. Come on back if you have any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter