Hotel Help! Trip is next week!

PurpleDragonFeather

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I'm a WDW veteran, but making my first trip to Disneyland with my sister next week. We're trying to figure out what hotel to stay at and have narrowed it down to three possibilities: the Fairfield by Marriott Anaheim Resort, the Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Resort Area or The Anaheim Hotel. Has anyone stayed at any of these recently?

We're not fussy people and will be basically just going to and from the hotel and the parks. We won't have a car, so we're trying to stay within a relatively short walking distance.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Sorry I can't help with you with the 3 different hotels you mentioned but I have stayed multiple times at the Best Western Park Place Inn. This is the closet place to stay, directly across the street from DL. It is a bit tired but the rooms are clean and a great place to crash. The breakfast that is included is decent and will save you time and money.

We have stayed at the Fairfield many times but most recently January 2020 (so not super super recent). We love it and think it is amazing value for money. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It’s very conveniently located and there are lots of quick food options close by. My only criticisms are that the rooms can be a bit loud. I would recommend ear plugs if you are a light sleeper (I am!) and the pool is a bit boring.

We stayed at The Anaheim Hotel in June. Our first time staying off-property and will 100% stay there again. We flew in from NC and got there about 11 am when check-in was at 3 pm. We went for them to hold our luggage and our room was already ready to go! The walk was between 6-8ish minutes and off the road (other than when you first cross). The rooms are basic but updated. Still feels a bit older but new bedding, paint, decor, etc. We stayed in a first floor room and had a large private patio. The pool is huge and the hot tub was nice. Great gift shop/store with reasonable prices for the basics. I also really liked they had security out all the time. Everyone was super friendly there too!

If good breakfast choices are important to you, the Holiday Inn Express would be great.

Sorry I can't help with you with the 3 different hotels you mentioned but I have stayed multiple times at the Best Western Park Place Inn. This is the closet place to stay, directly across the street from DL. It is a bit tired but the rooms are clean and a great place to crash. The breakfast that is included is decent and will save you time and money.

it's a great choice but rarely can one find availability one week out

We've stayed at the Fairfield several times; the last stay was about a year ago. It is pretty basic, and no breakfast, but clean and in a great location. My husband has status with Marriott, and we usually get upgraded to the theme rooms with a decent view of the fireworks, which is nice but not an upgrade I would pay for since, to really see, you need to stand outside anyway. We usually stop by Panera in the morning to grab coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

Our next stay will be at the courtyard next to the Fairfield since the rooms are bigger, and there are 4 of us ladies sharing one room. I am sure we will still stop in at Panera, though!

We stayed at The Anaheim Hotel in June. Our first time staying off-property and will 100% stay there again. We flew in from NC and got there about 11 am when check-in was at 3 pm. We went for them to hold our luggage and our room was already ready to go! The walk was between 6-8ish minutes and off the road (other than when you first cross). The rooms are basic but updated. Still feels a bit older but new bedding, paint, decor, etc. We stayed in a first floor room and had a large private patio. The pool is huge and the hot tub was nice. Great gift shop/store with reasonable prices for the basics. I also really liked they had security out all the time. Everyone was super friendly there too!
do you remember what kind of basics their store had? And if they had like...We are staying there in mid-September, and I haven't been here since it was under a previous name, pre-renovation. We are rope droppers, so we always eat a quick breakfast in the room beforehand. Usually something like microwave oatmeal or yogurt...

The Anaheim. Have stayed there 3 times and have stayed at several other places on Harbor. Easy walk to DLR, great pool, big rooms, Pizza Press on property (and their own bar/restaurant food is very good too).

do you remember what kind of basics their store had? And if they had like...We are staying there in mid-September, and I haven't been here since it was under a previous name, pre-renovation. We are rope droppers, so we always eat a quick breakfast in the room beforehand. Usually something like microwave oatmeal or yogurt...
Everything! My friend forgot her brush and they had brushes and combs. I forgot toothpaste, had a few different options of those. Tide Pens, deodorant, Tylenol, face wash...you name it! They also had several fridges with drinks (alcoholic and non), an ice cream freezer, all the basic snacks, plus Disney merch and Loungeflys. We are rope droppers too and always do a snack to get us through until true breakfast and the fridge was pretty big and cold. Just check the temp it's set to because I accidentally froze a cutie the first night :)

We stayed at the Fairfield in April. It seemed the same as our previous three trips, which is to say, fairly basic accommodation, clean, and close to the parks. No frills, but no questionable issues either.

We were originally booked into the Courtyard next door, but we usually spend all day at the parks and were leaving too early to use the waterpark on our last day. Of course this was the first trip where DD wanted to leave the parks at 5 every day! At least we had a good view of the fireworks… and we were able to see the flames from the burning dragon at Fantasmic! 😢

We’re Marriott Bonvoy members so we’ve stayed at different Marriott properties in the area. I prefer the Residence in, but even though it’s not much farther, at the end of a rope drop day, the Fairfield seems soooooo much closer.

This Fairfield doesn't follow what a normal Fairfield should operate like. It has outdoor walkways and no free breakfast which makes it more like some off-brand motel than a Fairfield. If you know what a Fairfield should be like, this will be a huge shock but if you're comparing to the other hotels this close to Disneyland rather than other Fairfields, it's actually above average.

The Fairfield is well liked by people without much familiarity with hotel brands who really prioritize proximity to the parks. Since you mentioned not being fussy, this might actually be a good fit.

The Anaheim Hotel has a loyal following primarily by people who prioritize recreational amenities at the hotel and also are not super demanding when it comes to room quality.

The Holiday Inn Express is an option if you're looking for free breakfast but nothing special if free breakfast isn't that important to you.

Was there a coffee pot in the room to get hot water for oatmeal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter