• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Help!

Purerockfury1

Mouseketeer
Torn between a suite at Park View or a suite at Camelot Inn. Opinions?

Background info: going for 6 nights with a 2 year old. We want space so he can sleep in a different room, have room to play, and room for our stroller.

I have never been to the Camelot, so I can't speak at all to that. In addition, during our two stays at the Park Vue, we were in a double queen room and not a suite.
That said, we would definitely go back to the Park Vue again-- not because the accommodations were incredibly fabulous (because they're not), but because the hotel was clean, the staff were very helpful and the proximity to the parks cannot be beat. It's an old fashioned motel with outdoor corridors.
My tip would be that if you elect to stay there, ask to be assigned a room as far back as possible to ensure a quiet stay.

Hi Purerockfury,
I just found out through Yelp that Camelot Inn And Suites is closed but I found you two alternatives you can try. One is Courtyard By Marriott that's by the Howard Johnson in Anaheim and the Yelp reviews say it's nice and Courtyard has suites and a water park your toddler will enjoy. The other hotel I found on Yelp is the Sheraton Inn At The Park and they don't offer suites but it's near Disneyland and the Yelp reviews say it's great as well
Hope this helps you and have a great trip,
Dodger

Camelot reopens on Monday. We have stayed there and they were clean and served our needs. We are staying there in July.

We have stayed at the Camelot in the past and it was clean and staff was helpful. We really liked the Family Suites.

We have stayed at the Camelot in the past and it was clean and staff was helpful. We really liked the Family Suites.
We are at the Fairfield Inn now-- by Paneras-- large property, easy walk to the Harbor entry gate and fairly easy stroll to the Gardenwalk mall with nice food options!

We stayed at park vue reopening weekend. We had never stayed there before. It was lovely. But…there wasn’t anyone there to check us in or out at 7am. I had specifically called to ask if we could check in early and park our car in the lot (I did not expect to get our room, just check in and park). I was told we could. We got there right at 7am and there wasn’t anyone in the lobby. It was closed/locked. It was super strange. I found a maintenance person and he said that someone should be there soon. I think about ten minutes later an employee arrived. Same at check out. No one answered the phone either. If you plan on arriving early, you might want to call. I’m hoping it was just a temporary issue due to recently reopening.

Other than that, we had a wonderful stay. ☺️ Room was great, clean, and quiet! And we had a downstairs room next to the stairs and no noise. Cannot beat the proximity to the crosswalk too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter