Hotel in Barcelona

MICKEEP

DIS Veteran
After our DCL Cruise we are staying 1 night in Barcelona

we are looking for hotel recommendations

I stayed in Barcelona for a pre-day before my DCL/ABD Med Cruise. Now, granted, I stayed there in 2010, so it's been a *LONG* time, but I really loved the Eurostars Grand Marina GL. It's a really nice hotel, right on the water (although I got a beautiful city view -- I could see both La Sagrada Familia and the Columbus Monument from my room). It's way more expensive now than it was then, but for only one night, was a great splurge (and I actually managed to find a deal for it). It's not that far from the port (I could see the Magic from the terrace where they had the amazing breakfast buffet). It's also walking distance to Las Ramblas. There's also a stop for the Hop On Hop Off Bus at the World Trade Center right next door. All-in-all, it was very enjoyable!

https://www.eurostarshotels.co.uk/eurostars-grand-marina.html

Sayhello

Like @sayhello, it’s been about a decade since I’ve stayed in Barcelona for a cruise. When I did, I always stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona—not the name when I stayed there for my cruise pre and post nights. I liked the location, a couple of blocks from Casa Mila and Casa Battlo, near lots of shops and restaurants and a couple of blocks to the metro station.

Another recommendation for the Renaissance. DCL put us there before our cruise last year. It was quiet and we loved the location, right in the middle of the Eixample district.

After a lot of research we booked the Catalonia Magdelenes which was very highly rated. Then I found Google Maps which allows you to see actual street views anywhere in the world. It turned out that the area this hotel is in was in a narrow street surrounded by boarded up shops, run down unmaintained buildings and grafitti everywhere. Needless to say we cancelled that reservation.

We eventually booked ME Barcelona which is in the Eixample neigborhood near Plaza de Catalunia.

Casa Camper is my favorite hotel in Barcelona too. Great location and an amazing staff.

We stayed at Hotel Catalonia Catedral years ago and loved it. My DIL went last year and said it was still great. Love the location in the Gothic Quarter which is great for wandering around. It’s on a pedestrian street so very quiet but not as easy if you intend to taxi everywhere although it is only a block or so to a major road. Walk to the Boqueria, Cathedral, and the Basilica. So many restaurants!

http://www.granhotelhavana.com/en/

This is where we are staying before our Disney cruise as part of the Barcelona escape ABD
We are staying at this hotel before our DCL cruise as well. I would like to book the same transfers for us from this hotel to port as ABD. Do you know which company ABD uses so I can contact them directly.

I called DCL to see if they could arrange this for us. I was told that I would have to taxi to the Renaissance Barcelona or Hilton Diagonal MAR to get DCL bus transfer.

Thanks for any help!

We are staying at this hotel before our DCL cruise as well. I would like to book the same transfers for us from this hotel to port as ABD. Do you know which company ABD uses so I can contact them directly.

I called DCL to see if they could arrange this for us. I was told that I would have to taxi to the Renaissance Barcelona or Hilton Diagonal MAR to get DCL bus transfer.

Thanks for any help!
Great question… I don’t know - perhaps the hotel concierge could help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter