Hotel MiraCosta - Now with Photos

aussiecookfamily

Earning My Ears
Having just returned from 5 nights/6 days at Tokyo Disney staying at the Hotel MiraCosta I though I might give a little info on the Hotel as a number of people have mentioned coming visits.

Firstly, why Hotel Miracosta? Yes I know it isn't the cheapest option, but I always stay onsite. Being based in Australia it takes so much time and money to get to any Disney property that once I get there I want to have my Disney 24/7. It was difficult to choose between Hotel MiraCosta and the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (the Ambassador Hotel was closed for renovations), they both have similar price points, but the uniqueness of staying "inside" the DisneySea Park won out. We did go and visit the Disneyland Hotel and I have to say the public spaces are very impressive and I would like to stay there sometime in the future.

The advantages of staying at MiraCosta:
. You really are "inside" the park, we stayed on the Venetian side and had a fabulous view, and although we didn't spend a lot of time in our room it was lovely to open the curtains in the morning and see the view (sorry had photos to post but as I haven't ever posted on DIS before I can't add the photos? If anyone has a solution to this let me know and I will put them up);
. staying at any of the 3 Disney Hotels allows you to buy a special ticket that allows park hopping from Day 1, I have to say we park hopped everyday and loved the flexibility of moving between the parks, which are only a 5 minute monorail trip apart;
. early park entrance, for DisneySea we had our own special entry direct from the hotel, we headed down 45mins before official opening time, and our entrance opened 15 mins before official opening time, with this timing we were always within the first 50 or so people into the park. Then you run to Toy Story Mania, which is currently the number one interest. We were off Toy Story Mania by about 10.05 (opening time was 10) and then we had plenty of time to do all the other popular rides while the general public were still queuing for Toy Story!
. we also got vouchers for priority entry to Tokyo Disneyland (again 15 mins early). Here Monsters Inc was already operating, so you could get that ride in and still be first in line for Winnie the Pooh before the gates had opened officially.
. we also got complimentary use of the monorail, although that only equated to a saving of around $5 per day.

As has been recognised elsewhere, the majority of visitors to Tokyo Disney are Japanese, and the relatively small number of tourists are mainly from Korea and China. So don't expect to see a lot of other American/Australian/European tourists. Most Hotel staff had quite limited English, but they would always get someone to assist if you need to ask something more complex (like organising the limo bus back to the airport). We certainly didn't have any problems, but in the parks we were glad we knew the general "rules" with each ride, ie loading, bags etc.

The rooms: As to be expected the rooms were full of disney theming - essentially Pinocchio. The rooms are very large for Tokyo standards, but also large in Disney standards, they do though appear even more spacious as the beds are so small. Where we would expect 2 Queen size beds there are instead 2 beds more like King Singles, and rooms are designed to sleep one person per bed with a trundle bed for a third person. We were only a two (Mother & Daughter) so this was perfect for us. Bathrooms were great, separate toilets (with all the push buttons and heated seats!), a spacious vanity with nice products (although no body lotion), and a great bathing room, with a deep bath and a shower over what we would think of as the floor area. Once you got over the oddity of just showering in a room (rather than in a cubicle or over a bath) it was great, lots of hot water and great water pressure. There was a good size mini fridge and a kettle (of sorts) for boiling water. They also supplied pajamas as well as slippers and dressing gowns.

Eating: We didn't end up eating in any of the 3 hotel restaurants, prices were expensive (although in line with what you would pay in a 5 Star Australian Hotel). By the time I thought about treating us it was the weekend and prices had increased again, over AUS$100 for a set menu. So I can't comment on quality or value. But as we were only a few steps from all the restaurants within DisneySea eating dinner was never a problem. Breakfast was potentially more problematic as the parks didn't open until 10am, and we didn't want to waste our precious early entry by eating. But we quickly solved that by buying up some yummy pastries from the bakery inside DisneySea and having them for breakfast the next day.

Can't think of what else might be of interest. But if anyone has specific questions feel free to respond.

For background we spent 5 nights at the Hotel and 6 days in the parks (having to buy a 4 day pass, and then a 2 day pass, as 4 days is the maximum they sell). We were never bored!

Margaret

Welcome to the Dis and what a great first post. Thanks for sharing!

I'd love to see your pictures and I'll assume that you already have them loaded in a photo-sharing repository like flickr or photobucket. You should be able to post pictures after you've made it past 10 posts on the Dis.

popcorn::

Can you comment more on the:

staying at any of the 3 Disney Hotels allows you to buy a special ticket that allows park hopping from Day 1, I have to say we park hopped everyday and loved the flexibility of moving between the parks, which are only a 5 minute monorail trip apart;

We're headed there in 6 weeks and haven't seen this option before.

Andy

We're headed there in 6 weeks and haven't seen this option before.

It's not well-publicized, but tickets that allow park hopping on all days definitely can be purchased by guests at the Disney hotels. When I was there in November, a 4-day adult ticket with hopping on all days was Y17,700.

It's not well-publicized, but tickets that allow park hopping on all days definitely can be purchased by guests at the Disney hotels. When I was there in November, a 4-day adult ticket with hopping on all days was Y17,700.

Great! We're staying at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

Andy

Andy,

It is called "Magic Passport Special" and is available for 2-Days, 3-Days and 4-Days. It did cost a little more, if I remember around $10/day extra. You can only buy it at the Hotel, and you probably won't be offered it, I needed to be specific about asking for it. And don't forget that multiple days must be consecutive days. We planned the whole trip to fly in very early Monday morning so we could get all our consecutive days in at the same time as avoiding weekends.

Have a great time, and will look forward to hearing about the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel,

Margaret

Great! Thanks.

We're not arriving until 6pm on our first day, so may just get a Starlight for that day and a 3 day hopper for the rest.

We're not arriving until 6pm on our first day, so may just get a Starlight for that day and a 3 day hopper for the rest.

You may want to check the math. Even without knowing the exact price of a 3-day hopper, I suspect that a 4-day hopper will turn out to be cheaper than a Starlight and a 3-day hopper.

Andy,

It is called "Magic Passport Special" and is available for 2-Days, 3-Days and 4-Days. It did cost a little more, if I remember around $10/day extra. You can only buy it at the Hotel, and you probably won't be offered it, I needed to be specific about asking for it. And don't forget that multiple days must be consecutive days. We planned the whole trip to fly in very early Monday morning so we could get all our consecutive days in at the same time as avoiding weekends.

Have a great time, and will look forward to hearing about the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel,

Margaret

If you go on the 'Japanese' version of the Tokyo Disney website, this is mentioned in the hotels section (I use Google translate on my webpages)... The Japanese version of the site also has dining menus for in park locations as well as popcorn cart maps.

Just curious since you stayed 5 nights... Did they make you buy the special pass for 5 or 6 park days?? I know the max they sell is 4 days... I am staying 7 nights at Miracosta and want to park hop for 4 days, the other days touring... Will I have to buy a 4 day plus 3 day to take advantage of the park hopping for the entire trip?

If you only plan to enter the parks on 4 days you will just need to buy the special 4 day pass, which allows park hopping everyday. But you will have to go into the parks on 4 consecutive days. If you want to do tours in the middle of your stay you would need to buy two 2 day passes, but that would be more expensive.

Hey aussiecookfamily! ....I've only just recently learned how to post photos to the DIS and this tutorial was extremely helpful!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1947588

You will need to register for a photo sharing website such as Photobucket - a certain amount of data is free but that will generally not hold too many photos - I think I went for a package that cost $20 or something like that (can't remember completely even though it wasn't actually that long ago!)

Hope this is helpful....

Thanks for your report on the Miracosta Hotel - my husband and I are staying there in Nov (ekk it's literally 100 days away today :)) and we've booked a Venician side room for one night. You can read my pre-trip report thread link in my signature below for the craziness we experienced booking a room at the Miracosta - did you experience problems? We are now booked in a different room every night :P (1st night - Porto Paradiso - Piazza View, 2nd night - Port Paradiso - Harbour View - 3rd night Porto Paradio - Piazza View and 4th night Venetian Side View) ... I'm not sure why, but it was so hard to get a room - perhaps because we were trying to get the most converted room in the place - the Porto Paradiso Harbour View room which has central lagoon views....Hey, at least we got it for one night right! :)

I'm glad to get some more confirmation on the Special Magic Passport 4 day park hopper you can get one you stay at a Disney hotel...I've read about it but this just confirms that it does exist and wasn't just a figment of my imagination at some point - we are planning 4 days in the parks and it would be great to be able to park hop whenever we want :) I think I will miss Toy Story though as our trip is taking us to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland as well both of which have Toy Story Mania with less crazy lines....do you think this will make it easier to get the other headliners at Tokyo Disney Sea done before others get to them?

Hey aussiecookfamily! ....I've only just recently learned how to post photos to the DIS and this tutorial was extremely helpful!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1947588

You will need to register for a photo sharing website such as Photobucket - a certain amount of data is free but that will generally not hold too many photos - I think I went for a package that cost $20 or something like that (can't remember completely even though it wasn't actually that long ago!)

Hope this is helpful....

Thanks for your report on the Miracosta Hotel - my husband and I are staying there in Nov (ekk it's literally 100 days away today :)) and we've booked a Venician side room for one night. You can read my pre-trip report thread link in my signature below for the craziness we experienced booking a room at the Miracosta - did you experience problems? We are now booked in a different room every night :P (1st night - Porto Paradiso - Piazza View, 2nd night - Port Paradiso - Harbour View - 3rd night Porto Paradio - Piazza View and 4th night Venetian Side View) ... I'm not sure why, but it was so hard to get a room - perhaps because we were trying to get the most converted room in the place - the Porto Paradiso Harbour View room which has central lagoon views....Hey, at least we got it for one night right! :)

I'm glad to get some more confirmation on the Special Magic Passport 4 day park hopper you can get one you stay at a Disney hotel...I've read about it but this just confirms that it does exist and wasn't just a figment of my imagination at some point - we are planning 4 days in the parks and it would be great to be able to park hop whenever we want :) I think I will miss Toy Story though as our trip is taking us to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland as well both of which have Toy Story Mania with less crazy lines....do you think this will make it easier to get the other headliners at Tokyo Disney Sea done before others get to them?

Thanks for the tips on posting photos - I have now added my photos to the original post.

We booked our accommodation about 4 months out - and couldn't get a Harbour view room - not that I could afford one anyway! We like the Venetian view.

If you turn up to TDS at rope drop and DON'T head to Toy Story Mania - you will have the park to yourself. We got in 2 or 3 of the major rides before crowds started to appear. There was probably only about 50 people who didn't head to Toy Story Mania.

Have a great time - not long now.

Thanks for the tips on posting photos - I have now added my photos to the original post.

We booked our accommodation about 4 months out - and couldn't get a Harbour view room - not that I could afford one anyway! We like the Venetian view.

If you turn up to TDS at rope drop and DON'T head to Toy Story Mania - you will have the park to yourself. We got in 2 or 3 of the major rides before crowds started to appear. There was probably only about 50 people who didn't head to Toy Story Mania.

Have a great time - not long now.

Thanks for the advice!! Yes not long now ... And yes we had planned to skip you story mania as we will have plenty of time to see it at either WDW or DL so it's not a priority for us :) so excited to hear that's the bigger draw :)

Thanks again ... Yes just over 6 weeks now :)

I've read that the 4 day rate is 17,700 yen within the last year. Has anyone purchased this ticket lately (spring 2014) and if so, how much? Do they offer a youth and child Magic Passport Special ticket? Also, what are the 2 & 3 day rates?

Thanks, going in early July for 5 nights/4 days stay at Mira Costa Tokyo DisneySea.

This is giving me even more of a travel bug than I had before! It also just convinced me that MiraCosta is the best place to stay. Did you just go to Disneyland when you went or did you go somewhere else too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter