Hotel modification credit issue

disneydreamer781

Just a little bit of pixie dust...
Hello all. I had something different happen relating to a hotel modification. I recently switched from CRT to GDT for one night on May 22. I modified the reservation in MDE and everything went well. The result of the modification was that there would be a sizable credit due to me which I was expecting to reflect on my Disney Chase Visa. Well, after 10 days, I noticed this morning that the charge was still there so went back to the revised reservation and the final balance stated that the amount due would be credited to my hotel account on May 22 (my check-in date). I thought my head would explode.🤯 Needless to say, I got right on the phone to Disney. Anytime in the not-too-distant past, anything I have canceled through Disney would result in the monies credited back to the original form of payment. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone when modifying a hotel-only reservation. Is this some new policy or just a glitch? I probably should have asked the CM but I was pretty ticked and rushed and just wanted it fixed.

Last edited:
I've never been credited back prior to check-in for a room only modification. It has always been held until arrival. That's why I usually cancel and rebook.
:thanks: This is good to know. I know I've made hotel modifications in the past so I'm second-guessing myself that maybe the revised reservation may have been for more and never involved a credit.

Any unused credit on your room account will go back to the original form of payment after check-out. You may not want to wait that long for your refund, however. If possible, you may want to cancel (if you won't be subject to any $ penalties) and re-book.

Any unused credit on your room account will go back to the original form of payment after check-out. You may not want to wait that long for your refund, however. If possible, you may want to cancel (if you won't be subject to any $ penalties) and re-book.
Yeah, the reservation is for one night on the last night of our stay. There's no reason to have that kind of money sitting in my hotel account at that point. It's also needed for tickets. I called and the CM took care of it so I will now receive a credit to my Chase Visa in 5-7 days. 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter