• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel near Cirque du Soliel

sugordon

Earning My Ears
My husband and I and another couple will be going to WDW for the first time. We're staying one night and going to Cirque du Soleil. We're looking for a nice hotel and aren't impressed with what we're reading about those in Downtown Disney. Any suggestions? We won't have a lot of time to enjoy amenities, but would like clean & quiet rooms, with some luxury.

Also, how about nice restaurants?

Thanks for your help.

If you don't care for the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd., you might want to consider the Swan or Dolphin. They are located not too far down the road from Downtown Disney. The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is just a short distance from Downtown Disney, also, but in the opposite direction.

Hope you will find one you"ll enjoy. Have a wonderful time. :D

Marriott Orlando World Center and the Gaylord Palms are not right down the way from DTD but they are certainly within a 10 minute drive to same and both are very nice. I think they are definately geered towards adults.

OKW is right next door - when you use the walking path to DD the place that you end up in is Cirque du Soliel - you can rent points from a DVC member to save money.

also if there are only 2 of you get a studio instead of a 1-bedroom - that will also save you money.

studio have 2 queen beds, mircowave, toaster, coffee maker

1-bedroom have king bed in master bed, a queen sleeper sofa in the livingroom, full kitchen with washer and dryer, whirlpool tub in the bath.

both have patios.

Spiceycat--Thanks so much. I don't understand any of this. How do I buy points, and what is OKW.

Sorry for being such a dunderhead.

sugordon

Hi <b>sugordon</b>! Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to the Adults and Solo Travelers Board. I'm very glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

If you are interested in renting points for a night at Old Key West or another Disney Vacation Club property we have a rent/trade board on the DIS and you will find that <b>HERE</b>

The Swan and Dolphin both have special rates for medical professionals, teachers and government employees. A very nice room for $129/night. Allow me to suggest a king room at the Dolphin (my favorite ;) )

There are some excellent deals at the offsite 4-star hotels these days. You might want to ask this question on our Orlando Hotels and Attractions board, also. The experts over there can give you some great advice and information, too. That board can be found <b>HERE</b>

I really enjoyed La Nouba, it is less intense than most Cirque productions but still wonderful.

Katholyn

OKW is as Katholyn pointed out a DVC resort

If you rent points from a member and get a studio then 8 points to 11 points per night (except Easter and Christmas to NY). So $80 to $110 - this is weekdays (Sun thru Thursday night leaving on Friday) not weekends - they are alot more points too.

So I think OKW is very reasonable - if you rent points from a DVC member.

Also very close to Cirque du Soliel - they also have WDW transportation just in case you go visit PI after the show. (Now if you don't drink ignore that statement - but if you do WDW transportation is very nice)

Just a quick note:

AFAIK the Dolphin is currently being renovated in phases. The Swan renovations have been completed. It may be better to be at the Swan vs the Dolphin

We've stayed two times at the Hilton - both because we used Priceline and got VERY cheap prices ($55 one time). The Hilton is very, very nice. The rooms were impeccably clean and fresh, their on site seafood restaurant was excellent, and it is a two minute walk to DD. I would reccomend it if you can get a nice cheap price like we did.

Lucky you, going to Cirque! I have been three times, and can't wait to go again!

The Hilton and Wyndham are both very close and very nice.

Anne

Disboo, Thanks for writing about the Hilton. My DH and I are staying there for a weekend in late September. We just stayed for 8 days at CBR in April. He travels every week and always stays in Hiltons and earns Rewards Points. We had planned on a 4 day weekend in September and decided to try the Hilton. We are really excited and will be there for two nights and also two nights at the Hilton on Clearwater Beach. Glad to hear how nice it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter