Hotel near Logan Airport?

Searc

DIS Veteran
Could someone recommend a decent place to stay fairly close to Logan to stay the night before our departure home? We're staying in Woburn on arrival day because we're heading to Booth Bay the next morning, but want to stay a bit closer since our flights home leave early in the morning.

We have never been to Boston, so are completely unfamiliar with any of the area.

There is a Hyatt right next to the airport. We stayed there for several nights last year. It's very nice with a beautiful view of the city. They have a shuttle to and from the airport.

There is a Hyatt right next to the airport. We stayed there for several nights last year. It's very nice with a beautiful view of the city. They have a shuttle to and from the airport.
We'll have a rental car, but thank you for the recommendation. I'll look into it.

There are several hotels close to Logan, if you have a rental car just be aware they all charge parking (in the range of $25 per night). There are 4 Hilton properties (Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn, and Doubletree), a Courtyard by Marriott, a Towne Place Suites and a Holiday Inn that I can think of off the top of my head outside of the Hyatt that's right at the airport. If you have loyalty points with anyone there is very likely a hotel closeby for your brand. (Google brings up 124 hotels in the area, but some are deeper into Boston proper and not in the immediate neighborhood of the airport)

There are several hotels close to Logan, if you have a rental car just be aware they all charge parking (in the range of $25 per night). There are 4 Hilton properties (Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn, and Doubletree), a Courtyard by Marriott, a Towne Place Suites and a Holiday Inn that I can think of off the top of my head outside of the Hyatt that's right at the airport. If you have loyalty points with anyone there is very likely a hotel closeby for your brand. (Google brings up 124 hotels in the area, but some are deeper into Boston proper and not in the immediate neighborhood of the airport)
It doesn't need to be right next to the airport, but we'd prefer something closer than Woburn for our departure morning.

It doesn't need to be right next to the airport, but we'd prefer something closer than Woburn for our departure morning.

Oh sure - I guess then my question would be what did you need to know that couldn't be found via online search? Boston has a TON of hotels as does the surrounding area. If you wanted a decent midway point between Logan and Woburn, check in Arlington, Medford and Somerville.

Also, don't know if this would make a difference, but from just outside the Hyatt there are water taxis to take you over to the city - there are 5 or so different drop off points, if I remember correctly. So if you wanted to go over for dinner or something the night before you leave these are a nice way to get there.

We stayed at the Hyatt with a harbor view. We took the water taxi from the front of the hyatt to the North End for dinner. Very nice stay before flying out early.

I checked the Hyatt and it is too expensive and only has double beds. Sorry, not paying $360 a night for double beds. :rotfl2:

You could look in Saugus, Revere, Malden... even Peabody. When thinking about distance and travel time, don't forget to account for the traffic- a 10 mile drive can take 30 minutes or more- although if you are early enough in the morning, it won't matter. Prices aren't cheap, though; Red Roof Inn is often $150+. Check reviews on TripAdvisor before booking (there are some pretty sketchy motels in the same area as Marriott and Hilton properties).

Could someone recommend a decent place to stay fairly close to Logan to stay the night before our departure home? We're staying in Woburn on arrival day because we're heading to Booth Bay the next morning, but want to stay a bit closer since our flights home leave early in the morning.

We have never been to Boston, so are completely unfamiliar with any of the area.
I checked the Hyatt and it is too expensive and only has double beds. Sorry, not paying $360 a night for double beds. :rotfl2:
I wasn't sure how much time you'll have for that night before leaving stay, but I was thinking it could potentially be a mini-vacation within a vacation having a Boston Harbor view :goodvibes and dinner in the North End of Boston :cloud9: so the extra money might be worth it.

You could also come in to Logan in the morning via the "back way" if you look through the East Boston/Chelsea/Revere area, due to traffic concerns coming the other way (tunnels), but as Leebee said, some areas can be a little sketchy.

If you have really early flights and a rental car, staying in Woburn is fine. It's only a 25 minute drive without traffic. There are a ton of hotels in Boston, as well. You can't go wrong.

You could look in Saugus, Revere, Malden... even Peabody. When thinking about distance and travel time, don't forget to account for the traffic- a 10 mile drive can take 30 minutes or more- although if you are early enough in the morning, it won't matter. Prices aren't cheap, though; Red Roof Inn is often $150+. Check reviews on TripAdvisor before booking (there are some pretty sketchy motels in the same area as Marriott and Hilton properties).
It will be 5am on a Sunday morning when we leave for the airport. We shouldn't have to worry about traffic then...right?

I’ve done the early morning Woburn to Logan drive many many MANY times. Like someone else said, it’s really not a bad drive if you can’t find anything else, especially if they’re the ones I’m thinking of, they’re a straight shot into the city on the highway next to them.

However they are a little too far away from the city for college game traffic. They are popular with business travelers though, so that might be it.

I’ve done the early morning Woburn to Logan drive many many MANY times. Like someone else said, it’s really not a bad drive if you can’t find anything else, especially if they’re the ones I’m thinking of, they’re a straight shot into the city on the highway next to them.

However they are a little too far away from the city for college game traffic. They are popular with business travelers though, so that might be it.
On a Saturday evening? Not many business travelers on a Saturday overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter