Hotel options for 6 adults

I do think it's funny that the OP asked about room configurations and 4 people have now told them to skip the QSDP, even though none of us know how they eat and what they like or even if they were counting on getting it free. The first person who mentioned it said it right. "Do the math and see if it's worth it to you" !

Well, its an important consideration. Perhaps if the OP sees the remarks on QSDP, they will want to drop it which then gives them more room in the budget for other room options or possibly a deluxe resort.

Definitely three rooms at Pop—one for you and your husband, one for the twins, one for your older son and his GF. I'm sure she likes you all a lot, but I bet she'd really appreciate a quiet, private place to return to at the end of the night—especially if she's a first timer and not used to the major sensory overload WDW is!
SO agree.

Out of those, 3 rooms at Pop. And with Pop centrally located, no long bus rides anywhere on property.

Yeah, I don't know where/why OP is saying "longer bus rides" for Pop or AoA as both are centrally located???

I also vote for 3 rooms at Pop.

I'd price out 3 rooms at a moderate. I like Pop but it's lack of bar/lounge would drive me bonkers on a trip with family....

Pop with the Skyliner up and running seems like a great option. That said, with 6 adults you could probably make a case for "renting points" for a DVC villa at 11 months out.

Did you price 3 rooms at Port Orleans? You're paying extra for two adults every night, I think it's an extra $50 that way. You may find the total isn't that far off from Pop Century.

When are you going? Do you know if discounts will be available at that time?

We are planning to go December 12 -18 2019. I think we have to wait for discounts.

[
Yeah, I don't know where/why OP is saying "longer bus rides" for Pop or AoA as both are centrally located???

I also vote for 3 rooms at Pop.

I was using a book that gave the bus ride times. We have never been to Pop or AoA so I was just going by the info I found on travel times.

Last edited:
I'd price out 3 rooms at a moderate. I like Pop but it's lack of bar/lounge would drive me bonkers on a trip with family....

Since the only drinkers are the oldest son and the girlfriend, and we are paying, they are on their own. LOL

I feel so strongly about it that I liked every post that mentioned how you need 3 rooms with this group and on top of that I'm going to reiterate it in writing! :rotfl:
You need 3 rooms with that group makeup. I think you will regret any other choice.

Which is exactly why I am asking :). We have never traveled with anyone but the boys. The girlfriends family did not travel so she is good with anything, but I want to make it a comfortable trip for all of us.

If you're set on those 3 options, I'd do 3 rooms at Pop. At AoA if you did 1 suite and 1 standard room then you risk being at different ends of the property. I'd find POR at bit too small and not enough privacy.

Just to throw another option out there - have you considered renting DVC points? It can save quite a bit and you may be able to get a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom. Just a thought.

We haven't looked at renting points, but priced a deluxe club level room at Wilderness with no QS around $10500, but it is only one bathroom. I don't really know much about renting points, WDW is an every 5 year trip for us. I am the crazy Disney teacher at schoo.

I was one of those who suggested skipping the plan and I usually never do that for the very reason you pointed out. My reasoning was because I somehow decided that cost was a factor, even though the OP never even suggested that it was. I have no idea why I jumped to that conclusion!
I would do 3 rooms. I am a huge proponent for people having a place to go or get away when traveling in groups, if it is a possibility.

So am I, but with everyone being adults I wonder how long we will be in the room. Most of our past trips have been in deluxe and I love the deluxe resort, but as I said we are all adults and is it worth the extra money for a room or rooms we are not in much. We just want to spend our money wisely....but this may be our last whole family trip. So many descisions

We haven't looked at renting points, but priced a deluxe club level room at Wilderness with no QS around $10500, but it is only one bathroom. I don't really know much about renting points, WDW is an every 5 year trip for us. I am the crazy Disney teacher at schoo.

Renting DVC points is different thatn booking a regular room for cash. There are restrictions in terms of payment and cancelations, there is no housekeeping, and you generally need to pay 100% in advance. With that said, the cost is less expensive most times. For the heck of it, go to Davids DVC rentals and "shop" around. I priced several DVC resort options that were very affordable. You do need to book early, IMO because many times they book up at 11 months out for the most popular resorts.

There are people here who now a lot about renting adn can help you sort it all out.

So am I, but with everyone being adults I wonder how long we will be in the room. Most of our past trips have been in deluxe and I love the deluxe resort, but as I said we are all adults and is it worth the extra money for a room or rooms we are not in much. We just want to spend our money wisely....but this may be our last whole family trip. So many descisions

At the very least I would say an option with 3 bathrooms, for me would be a must. Just everyone trying to get showered, dressed, use the bathroom in the morning is going to take a lot of time. With only 2 per room, one could be getting showered while the other is dressing. Add a 3rd person to a room and that would be more difficult and would need more bathroom time for the privacy of getting dressed. (If you went with the 2 room option)

Of the options you presented I would choose 3 rooms at POP. I would also toss the AOFA suite/room option out. I am not sure the sleep surfaces there are all that comfortable for adults.

I seldom suggest people rent DVC points as the first option because there are stipulations and restrictions that people may not think about, however you are not newbies, so a few concessions may worth it to have extra space and to be able to share a 2 bedroom villa.

We are paying cash at OKW this December because we have a number of us going and the DDP was free. Totally worth it for us, however if you rented points at a resort you could have a grocery deliver, and in some units I understand there is a full real kitchen. Skip the dining plan altogether, put the money aside for meals, and have some grab and go from your own villa. Any leftovers from dinner could be reheated and not lost.

I was about to suggest exactly this. 2 bedroom at OKW. Get groceries delivered, and skip the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter