Hotel suggestions with great pool area

Shellee999

Mouseketeer
We are taking an extended family vacation. Four kids, one 20-year-old, 3 adults, and one grandparent. Two of the adults, the grandparent, and the 20-year-old will not be spending any time in Disney parks. I only know Disney property, so I need help. We are looking for suggestions for a non-Disney hotel with a great pool area. Like how Margaritaville looks, but not necessarily Margaritaville. Thanks!

ETA more info as suggested below 😊
- I don’t know if anyone will have a car, but most likely not. Happy to walk or Uber/Lyft. It would be nice if there were some options in walking distance.
- Just need a great pool. Slides aren’t necessary.
- We’ll be booking 3-4 separate rooms.

Last edited:
To help folks give suggestions ..
- Will the family left behind at resort have a vehicle?
- Will the family left behind be walking to amenities?
- If they have no vehicle will you need a kitchen, or restaurants walkable?
- Do they want a great pool or do they also want water slides etc?
- Do you want a house, townhouse, condo?
- Will you ALL be in one unit or looking to book multiple?
- If one what are your minimum number of bedrooms?

To help folks give suggestions ..
- Will the family left behind at resort have a vehicle?
- Will the family left behind be walking to amenities?
- If they have no vehicle will you need a kitchen, or restaurants walkable?
- Do they want a great pool or do they also want water slides etc?
- Do you want a house, townhouse, condo?
- Will you ALL be in one unit or looking to book multiple?
- If one what are your minimum number of bedrooms?
Thanks for the advice. I edited my post.

Does this pool look good enough? The Signia by Hilton at Bonnet Creek. We liked this hotel.View attachment 748430
Since it sounds like OP is talking about a hotel ("3-4 rooms") this is a lovely option. The uber ride to Disney Springs would be short or their shuttle might include the Springs. They also have a good shuttle to the parks for the rest of the family.

Another big hotel option with great pool area is Marriott World Center. It has plenty of dining onsite or again close to Disney Springs.

Could also look at Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek which gives them access to all the pools at the resort and several dining options. Another great location Disney wise.

I think the only issue is that the cost for these hotels is likely more than a moderate at times so would Coronado Springs (great pool, lots of dining) be a comparable option.

Nothing is really walkable in the area unless you stay at one of the Disney springs area hotels or one of the places right on IB Blvd.
That is true if hunting for a really nice pool they would be putting themselves in a more isolated spot. Disney Springs only has one really nice pool, Buena Vista Palace.

Last edited:
Since it sounds like OP is talking about a hotel ("3-4 rooms") this is a lovely option. The uber ride to Disney Springs would be short or their shuttle might include the Springs. They also have a good shuttle to the parks for the rest of the family.

Another big hotel option with great pool area is Marriott World Center. It has plenty of dining onsite or again close to Disney Springs.

Could also look at Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek which gives them access to all the pools at the resort and several dining options.

I think the only issue is that the cost for these hotels is likely more than a moderate at times so would Coronado Springs (great pool, lots of dining) be a comparable option.

That is true if hunting for a really nice pool they would be putting themselves in a more isolated spot. Disney Springs only has one really nice pool, Buena Vista Palace.
I think my post was accidentally included in yours.

Hilton buena vista palace was my first thought if the priorities are a nice pool and options within walking distance (which in this case is Disney Springs of course). We stayed there recently and walked to DS several times. While we didn’t use the pool it looked very nice. It’s a large area and includes a long lazy river. There is also a restaurant, a couple of bars and a quick service location on site so you’re not stranded even if you don’t want to walk to DS.

The price wasn’t great. With fees/taxes it was about 330/night and we didn’t have a car which would have been an extra cost. This puts the moderates back into contention for me when I plan another trip. Other than that it was fine.

Hilton buena vista palace was my first thought if the priorities are a nice pool and options within walking distance (which in this case is Disney Springs of course). We stayed there recently and walked to DS several times. While we didn’t use the pool it looked very nice. It’s a large area and includes a long lazy river. There is also a restaurant, a couple of bars and a quick service location on site so you’re not stranded even if you don’t want to walk to DS.

The price wasn’t great. With fees/taxes it was about 330/night and we didn’t have a car which would have been an extra cost. This puts the moderates back into contention for me when I plan another trip. Other than that it was fine.
I feel like that is a lot for there. I stayed a few times during construction, not sure how the hotel inside turned out. Seems to get mixed reviews. I think if they are willing to move a "ride" away from Disney Springs they can do better.

(Drury Plaza)@ D.S. This one immediately came to mind.... Never stayed at this location, because this one basically just got finished very recently... but TBH, we just learned about the brand last summer, and actually had stays with them in Nashville, St. Louis, Louisville, & most recently San. Antonio, and they are excellent.https://www.druryhotels.com/locations/orlando-fl/drury-plaza-hotel-orlando

All the info is on the link, but you pay 1 price and thats it. No hidden charges. no resort fees, Free hot breakfast, free snack and apps at dinnertime, along with 3 adult beverages P/P all on the house... Pretty close to springs as well.... :confused3 Give it a look see? never know.

We are taking an extended family vacation. Four kids, one 20-year-old, 3 adults, and one grandparent. Two of the adults, the grandparent, and the 20-year-old will not be spending any time in Disney parks. I only know Disney property, so I need help. We are looking for suggestions for a non-Disney hotel with a great pool area. Like how Margaritaville looks, but not necessarily Margaritaville. Thanks!

ETA more info as suggested below 😊
- I don’t know if anyone will have a car, but most likely not. Happy to walk or Uber/Lyft. It would be nice if there were some options in walking distance.
- Just need a great pool. Slides aren’t necessary.
- We’ll be booking 3-4 separate rooms.
Swan and Dolphin resort would be a good fit for you. Great pool area, a ton of things to do on property but also connected to the Disney Boardwalk area that has tons of stuff to do, including my favorite dueling piano bar.
Besides the main pool, there’s also a “quiet pool” area that is typically all adults.

It also has most of the perks of staying on Disney property for the folks who are doing the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter