Hotel with biggest lazy river

tami82

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me which resort has one of the biggest lazy rivers with nice pool. I have looked at a few online but it's hard to tell from some of the pictures. When we stayed in Destin FL a few years ago our resort had a gigantic one I believe it says 750 feet, that went all the way around in front of the whole property with color,changing lights which was pretty cool. Would love to see if there is something similar in Orlando.

Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate says theirs is 850 feet.
The Hilton Orlando says theirs is 892 feet.

I have no idea which is the best or longest. I have seen some that are pretty narrow which isn't good for crowds no matter the length. It's a continuous circle. I did notice when I just did a google search that some resorts are charging for the tubes. That is silly if you are a paying guest to charge for a tube.

As Gina mentioned above Orange Lake has a beautiful lazy river. With spraying canons, a beautiful waterfall. But it also has 7 other pools on property. If you have young kids, North Village pool is awesome for them. Small slide, water features. We have stayed here many times and love it.

Thanks so much I will take a look!

That's crazy charging for the tubes especially if you like to alternate the pool and lazy river All,day or at night, don't see how that would work out.

You get a wrist band for the day at Orange Lake. You can buy it as part of a play pass, which includes, rock climbing wall, both mini putt courses, tubes for the lazy river, and the giant hippo slide. I think for a 3 day play pass it is $39.00 and 7 days is $69. That being said, we never, ever, use the tubes in the lazy river, we prefer to float around it and swim it. If you want more information on Orange Lake, pm me, and you can look at their offerings at experienceorangelake.com It should have all the info for you there.

Thanks so much I will take a look!

That's crazy charging for the tubes especially if you like to alternate the pool and lazy river All,day or at night, don't see how that would work out.
Disney's Beach/Yacht Club charges for tubes -- by the hour! And their "lazy river" is about 50 feet long and 10-12 feet deep! Talk about a joke!

As Gina mentioned above Orange Lake has a beautiful lazy river. With spraying canons, a beautiful waterfall. But it also has 7 other pools on property. If you have young kids, North Village pool is awesome for them. Small slide, water features. We have stayed here many times and love it.

That looks gorgeous! How close is Orange Lake to the parks? May have to keep that in mind for next trip.

The lazy river at the Omni is gorgeous and is lighted at night, they charge a daily ''resort''fee but they don't charge separately for the tubes. They have a family pool with slides and a separate quiet pool.It' a really nice resort if you can get a good rate!

Can a person bring & use their own tube (within reason) at the Orange Lake Lazy River ?
Hi there, no they won't let you....but there is always loose ones floating around, you can grab one, worse that will happen the keepers of the tubes will notice and if u don't have a wrist band take it. Just remember where they are so u can ditch it before u get to them . :)

Last edited:
That looks gorgeous! How close is Orange Lake to the parks? May have to keep that in mind for next trip.
A left out of the resort and a left at the first light puts you on Disney roads. East village at Orange Lake is right next to Animal Kingdom :)

Disney's Beach/Yacht Club charges for tubes -- by the hour! And their "lazy river" is about 50 feet long and 10-12 feet deep! Talk about a joke!

When were you there last? They no longer charge for tubes-and plenty to go around when we were there in June...

As far as I know the Yacht & Beach Club still charge for tubes and it isn't about being cheap or getting revenue, it is about keeping the lazy river relatively clear of unpeopled tubes. If people are not paying for them they abandon them on a whim and it clutters up the lazy river. When they ARE paying for them they tend to stay in them and take them with them when they get out. By the hour keeps the total number in the lazy river low.

Hilton bonnet creek charges $5 for small/7 large and you keep it. We took it with us last week to WBC because I didn't know theirs were free. WBC has smaller lazy river then HBC. I have pics I can post later if u figure out how

As far as I know the Yacht & Beach Club still charge for tubes and it isn't about being cheap or getting revenue, it is about keeping the lazy river relatively clear of unpeopled tubes. If people are not paying for them they abandon them on a whim and it clutters up the lazy river. When they ARE paying for them they tend to stay in them and take them with them when they get out. By the hour keeps the total number in the lazy river low.

They are NOT charging for tubes!

That's right, no charge for SAB tubes when we stayed this past June, although we have had to pay in the past. It seems to vary different years.

We've stayed at 3 resorts that had lazy rivers.
I personally liked the lazy river near tower 5 at WBC the best, there is a lot of nice shade. We floated on it for hours.
HBC is also nice but not as shaded (best pool bar & food).
I liked the lazy river at SAB the least. Its very short and no shade. It does have some nice seats where you can sit when you get tired of floating.

That's right, no charge for SAB tubes when we stayed this past June, although we have had to pay in the past. It seems to vary different years.

Even though I stay at the Y&BC more than any other hotel on property I've never rented/used an inner tube, nor wanted, but here is from the Y&BC's website:

"Float down the lazy river on a rented inner tube....."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/beach-club-resort/pools-beach-club-resort/

Maybe they charge/don't charge based on a variety of factors, but according to the official WDW webpage, they do. So be happy if they don't.

Even though I stay at the Y&BC more than any other hotel on property I've never rented/used an inner tube, nor wanted, but here is from the Y&BC's website:

"Float down the lazy river on a rented inner tube....."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/beach-club-resort/pools-beach-club-resort/

Maybe they charge/don't charge based on a variety of factors, but according to the official WDW webpage, they do. So be happy if they don't.

If my memory serves they stopped charging in late 2013 or early 2014. I know we have not been charged the last couple of years. The website is notoriously outdated and most of the info there is always inaccurate but then again often the CM's in reservations give inaccurate info.

However, like the rope drop returning to Epcot this too could change. It seems like they reverse course and revisit things that don't work over and over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter