Hotel with shuttle to Knotts Berry, any recommendations?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Or anything to avoid? First time visit to the area, adult DD who is a bit too young to rent a car will need to be there for at least a week and may or may not need to travel back & forth alone to Knotts. I will be going along so I can take her most of the time, but a shuttle / bus option would be ideal.

Alternately Air b&B on a bus route ..... Never been to CA help is appreciated.

TIA

Last edited:
Anaheim Regional Transportation stops off right in front of Knott's. I didn't go there, but used the stop about 3 or four times in our trips there the last month or so. Our motel was about 3 blocks away and it was the closest stop to pick us up when we were shopping in Buena Park. It's $6 per day or $4 for a single ride. Not sure what the minimum age is to ride.

https://rideart.org/

It's a little bit tricky to figure out at first, but I found it second nature after using it a few times. Except for the fixed routes, it requires the use of a mobile app. Part of the problem is that their website doesn't describe anything terribly well.

There is a hotel on property. DW and DD stayed there back when the park was open but the rides were still closed. it was....ok (note really tepid recommendation). Good news is it's practically in the park, bad news is it's probably overpriced for what you get.

Are you looking for a hotel near Knott’s with a shuttle or one near Disneyland with a shuttle? If one near Disneyland, either rideshare or the local bus would be the options, no hotels near Disneyland run shuttles to Knott’s.

Are you looking for a hotel near Knott’s with a shuttle or one near Disneyland with a shuttle? If one near Disneyland, either rideshare or the local bus would be the options, no hotels near Disneyland run shuttles to Knott’s.

She will be a performer in the Ice Show at Knotts, so a shuttle or safe easy bus transportation would be ideal. No Disney in the mix just Knotts.

She will be a performer in the Ice Show at Knotts, so a shuttle or safe easy bus transportation would be ideal. No Disney in the mix just Knotts.

In that case ART stops off right in front of Knott's. I'd recommend downloading the A-Way-Wego app and playing around with it to see if you can book specific trips needed. It's not all that intuitive, but I guarantee that once anyone "gets it" it becomes easy to use. I used it for trips from Knott's to Hotel Lulu, and a direct trip from Disneyland's Main Transportation bays to Knott's. Also a direct ride from that stop in front of Knott's to the Anaheim Packing District. My motel was a few blocks away and that was the closest stop. It's right in front of the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel and near the employment center.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.840...4!1sxDNTWvP3FEnUxv3iJcIsYA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/a-way-wego/id1589114302
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.rideart.awaywego&hl=en_US&gl=US

So helpful, thanks! Is traffic an issue - how long would it take on the shuttle do your recall how long it took from Anaheim to Knotts?

So helpful, thanks! Is traffic an issue - how long would it take on the shuttle do your recall how long it took from Anaheim to Knotts?

Sorry about the delay. I wasn't monitoring this topic. If you quote someone, they'll usually get a notification of a reply. I will preface this with the possibility of interminable delays. I got that once when my assigned bus seemed to be going in the wrong direction (one can see bus location on the app). They will update the ETA but I've seen it delayed sometimes.

I looked up my old trips and I see one from my motel to the Anaheim Packing House. It shows a 6 minute estimated walk, 16 minute ride, and a 1 minute estimated walk. There was 12 minutes from the ride request to the pickup. Estimated walk time to pickup is always less than the time for the bus to arrive.

The availability of buses can be an issue though. But I liked it - especially that it was much cheaper than Uber at $6 per day for unlimited rides. It's technically public transportation and the vehicles have exempt license plates.

In Southern California, traffic is always unpredictable. Can't get around that really. When I've driven I've seen clear traffic for miles or nasty traffic on a weekend for no apparent reason.

No Disney in the mix just Knotts.

It was explained that she’s working at Knott’s for a short period. I like ART because Knott’s is a stop and it opens up a lot of places to stay or visit in the area around Anaheim, Buena Park, and Orange at $6 per day. It was odd though riding a bus by ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter