Hotels closest to gate?

jenpace

DIS Veteran
Since the onsite hotels rarely have specials or deals anymore like the “AP Nights” from a few years back, we’ve been staying at the Hojo. We really like it there but I’d like to try one of the hotels right across the street from the gate so we’re as close as possible. We are: 2 adults, 2 teenagers and two year old twins. Anything that’s clean, safe and has a decent pool for little kids?

Thanks!

I have stayed at the Tropicana. It's very close and was decent quality. It's nothing fancy, but probably on par with the HoJo. I had a very nice stay there and the convenience couldn't be beat.

You will find people have all sorts of opinions and issues about the closest hotels - Dessert Inn and Suites, Del Sol Inn, Best Western Plus Inn, Best Western Plus Park Inn, Tropicana Inn and Camelot Inn.

This past June I stayed at Dessert Inn and Suites, basic room, basic free breakfast, basic pool. The room had a fridge and microwave. For me once a place is clean and low price and I feel safe I dont have issues.

Fairfield Inn is one of my off site go to hotels and is predictably mediocre as I like to say.

Since the onsite hotels rarely have specials or deals anymore like the “AP Nights” from a few years back, we’ve been staying at the Hojo. We really like it there but I’d like to try one of the hotels right across the street from the gate so we’re as close as possible. We are: 2 adults, 2 teenagers and two year old twins. Anything that’s clean, safe and has a decent pool for little kids?

Thanks!
While the DI&S has large room-suites to accommodate the size of your family, I do not recommend their pool.
We have stayed at the Tropicana and liked our room and the pool area. Not sure if they have rooms for 6 though.

Geemo

We've stayed at the Tropicana and the BW Park Place and both are adequate. I'm not sure if the Tropicana has rooms that will sleep 6 but the BW does. It was tight for our family of 6 but we managed. We're only there to sleep anyway and we really appreciate the short walk which is why we stay there.

Stayed a few times at Del Sol, it's basic but clean, pool is fairly standard. For us who spend all the time in the parks we preferred it to Hojo.

I like the Fairfield property (although I am a Marriott rewards member). It is a quick walk from the lobby over to the park entrance. Nothing special with this hotel, it is just close.

Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll go look those up now
For the size of your group, the cheapest/closest is going to be a larger suite at Camelot- it's right next to Tropicana, but they're suites are cheaper. We've stayed in them, nothing fancy, but works fine.

I'm a Disneyland Vet going to Disneyland for the first time. I also wanted to stay as close as possible. Looking at google's live street map I have decided to stay at Best Western Inn.

Is the Park Vue across the street?
Looking at the map it is directly across Disney's hotel entrance. And I believe that entry is for hotel guest only. As to what i have read the best entry to use is going through Downtown Disney. Any one have any insight on this?

Looking at the map it is directly across Disney's hotel entrance. And I believe that entry is for hotel guest only. As to what i have read the best entry to use is going through Downtown Disney. Any one have any insight on this?

The Park Vue is directly across Harbor from Disneyland, that entrance is the pedestrian entrance and open to anyone. Downtown Disney is on the far side of the the resort from the pedestrian entrance and is only the best entrance for those guests staying at hotels on that side of the resort (on or off property). The only entrance that is just for hotel guests is inside the Grand Californian Hotel.

Park Vue is right at the pedestrian entrance. Excellent location.
We stayed at Desert Inn & Suites which is just next to Park Vue so great location. Very basic motel with cold breakfast included (cereal, toast, fruit, few pastries), but we were happy there as we only used it to sleep and grab a morning bite. They have large rooms and different suite configurations. We didn't use the pool, but it is indoors and 'basic' as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter