Hotels for romantic getaway

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
I want to take my girlfriend on a surprise last minute trip. I know Universal isn't exactly the best spot for a romantic trip, but she's never been and is a huge harry Potter fan.

Plus when I say last minute, I mean leaving in two days, so planning needs to be quick.

Can anyone recommend a hotel that would be considered romantic. I know the likelihood of getting something like a honeymoon suite isn't going to happen, but somewhere that has a lot of quiet spots and pools that are quiet at night would be perfect. Thanks

Of the onsite hotels, I'd say PBR would be the most "romantic" of them. It also tends to be the most expensive of them as well. But you'll not only get romantic, but also unlimited Express Passes (EPs) during your stay as well. If it is available, I'd suggest it. The whole Italian city theme, 3 pools (with one of them being mostly adults), the only on-site hotel with a full Spa, etc. It would be the first one to check. If Aventura has availability, it is more "adult" oriented, and might be an option, but it isn't a Premier On-site hotel. So no EPs and it also only has bus service to the CityWalk and the parks (i.e. no water taxi.)

If you are looking off-site, I'd say the Orlando Ritz Carlton would be very nice and romantic as well. If it is outside your budget, the next door JW Marriott would be nice as well. And staying at either gets you the pool and other services at both. But note that you wouldn't get those unlimited EPs and Early Entry (EE). And yes, they do have a shuttle taking/returning you to Universal, but it won't be nearly as often or convenient as being on-site. Both though have very nice pools plus the JW has a pretty decent lazy river as well.

I hope you both have a great time, and Universal can be romantic, as evidenced by several proposals I've witnessed in front of the castle. :love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter