Hotels for School Groups?

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Good Morning
Looking to add a few days to our mid April trip but really trying to avoid the school groups. Do the school groups stay at all the value and moderate levels?

I would assume based on their budgets, they likely choose the lower priced places to stay. Nothing prevents them from staying at Poly or Contemporary, but clearly the cost would be much higher.

Probably not POFQ, and likely not AoA but I have been at POP trying to avoid them by eating at AoA and they were eating there too.

Cheer groups stay at Coronado (not the tower) quite often as well - not sure if that extends to other school groups.

Cheer groups stay at Coronado (not the tower) quite often as well - not sure if that extends to other school groups.
My son's sports team was offered CSR.

CSR, CBR and POR are often the moderate offering to any sports, school groups. They usually have an official value and official moderate offered on their packages.

But groups can discuss other options. One year my son's team stayed at POP Century even though it wasn't offered. Took some negotiating and agreeing to pay rack rate but they got to stay there. Coach didn't want them around the other teams.

Is there any way to find out when large groups will be at certain hotels
There are often lists or if you know the group their website usually lists which hotels were on their packages ... but there are always groups that negotiate a stay that is published no where. Jan - May are the busiest seasons.

When we played at ESPN sports- we had room discounts at multiple options- we picked pop a few days before tournament. During the actual tournament the coach picked one of the Marriott off site most stayed there. Looking back we wish we would have just stayed at POP then but our son wanted to stay with friends. There was too much traffic where we were. The packages Disney had many hotels to chose from and tickets were a great price

Last edited:
We've also been at Swan/Dolphin and there were a number of cheer groups there as well. Around April/spring break. However, none of these groups at Swan/Dolphin impacted our stay. Guess just not large enough to cause any bus crowds or anything I suppose. Mostly just saw the crowds around meal times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter