Hotels sold out the week of 12/4 - any ideas why crowd calendars show low attendance week?

JEZeimer99

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone - I just started planning our annual Christmas trip and we usually go the 2nd week in December. The crowd calendars are showing 12/5-12/8 to be a 3 or 4, which is great. However, when I went to the Disney World website to book a hotel room, I got NOTHING back - just the Sports and the Coronado. It shows all other hotels sold out. I've never seen all hotels sold out the 2nd week. Are the crowd calendars way off? Do I even want to look at that week for a trip?

Crowd calendars do not take park reservations into account and are based on data from previous years + past trends. I would not listen to any crowd calendar going forward. With that said, December is looking to be booking up very quickly so I would assume that the entire month will be crowded.

I booked the first week of December a year ago, due to the traditional low crowds. But those Predicted crowds keep increasing as December gets closer,………

I booked that week a year ago too and am also now wondering if I even want to be there that week if every room is filled. Someone on the December board said there's a company event 12/2 - 4 for 10000 people, so who knows how many of them will stay the following week.
A bit of googling also turned up a radiology convention at YC 12/4 - 8 and some dance event also 12/2 - 4... so I'm starting to really consider rescheduling for the spring.

We don't go hard-core in the parks anymore, more laid back touring and eating, but when even Christmas and Thanksgiving week have more availability, I can't help but be wary.

We go every year the second week of December. The crowds have steadily increased each year. I think 10 years ago it may have a slow time but in my experience it has not been for years. Pop Warner did move to universal but we never saw a lot of kids in the parks. So If anything those rooms may now be filling with those on vacation, so I’m curious if it will even more crowded.

I wasn't expecting low crowds. Just lower than Christmas week or Thanksgiving. We've been there a few times around the first/second week, last in 2019, and mostly like it for the weather. But I've never seen no availability on property before for that week. I'm one who periodically checks just to get a feel for how crowded my weeks there might be.

I guess I'll find out next month if there's also no availability on dining at my 60+7. That may end up being my deciding factor.

I went first week December 2021, complete madness. Never again.

But, yea, this was historically "off-peak."

I went first week December 2021, complete madness. Never again.

But, yea, this was historically "off-peak."
So did I. Was expecting typically lower crowds. Crazy busy! Like you, I won't be going back early December again.

We’re going Veterans Day weekend in November and are worried about this as well. We already booked a hotel but the confirmation # is no good and Disney has no record of it so we’re having to get our $$ refunded and find another hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter