Hotels: walking distance or shuttle options

Question about walking from the Harbor Blvd hotels: is there a crosswalk directly across from the esplanade or do you need to walk to Disney Way or up to Manchester?
There is a crosswalk between the esplanade and IHOP.

Our family of four (2 adults and 2 teens) is looking at a mid-August visit. In the past, we've stayed at hotels on Harbor (at hotels between Fairfield and del Sol). This time, most of the hotels on that section of Harbor are either booked for our dates or higher priced than we'd like.

Looking for some insight on other options...

Can we enter the park through the opposite side of Downtown Disney? Looking at a map, I guess that would be from Disneyland Drive? If so, would this make some of the hotels a little farther west on Katella (such as Alamo Inn) walkable?

Are there hotels with a free shuttle?

Or are there hotels that are close to a parking lot that we can walk to and board a free shuttle? I've heard conflicting reports on whether that's allowed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

My daughter and I have always used the Disneyland Hotel entrance to DTD to get into the parks. This time we are staying at The Holiday Inn and Suites on Walnut Ave. It is about a 10 min walk from there to that same entrance. :wave2:

Question about walking from the Harbor Blvd hotels: is there a crosswalk directly across from the esplanade or do you need to walk to Disney Way or up to Manchester?
One traffic light right at Esplanade. next one farther north is corner where Mimi's and Howard Johnson is located. Look at google maps and do the real time view, easier to get a sense of scale

My brother in law found it very easy to use the Toy Story Lot walking from their nearby hotel last week. Buses ran an hour before rope drop, and ran regularly without not too much wait throughout the day, even for midday breaks. May be a bit of a wait if everyone leaves at once right after fireworks, though, but there seemed to be lots of buses there whenever we walked by the lot on the way to the Camelot Inn where we were staying.

Did you walk back at night? If so, did it seem like a safe area?
Actually we haven't stayed there yet. We'll be there on Oct.16th though! :yay: I think I read somewhere that it seemed really safe but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe create a new thread about the walk to and from the hotel at night? Folks here are great at responding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter