Hotels with the comfiest beds within 10 min walk?

kittyklawz

Mouseketeer
We stayed at candy cane inn last time and we really loved it but wondering about some of the other options that are a little bit shorter of a walk. I would not want to walk farther than any of the hotels on the corner of harbor and katella/across street from candy cane.

What do you think the hotels with the most comfortable beds are? I hate when you lay down in a hotel bed and its all springy and dips in from millions of bodies and you can tell it needed to be replaced years ago.

From our most recent stay last week at the BWAPI to BWPPI last year I would say the beds at both places were totally fine for me but that is subjective of course. I did feel the pillows were better at BWAPI. Cheers!

I share your love of Candy Cane beds. I also like the mattresses at HoJo and Park Vue, and I find them reasonably decent at Tropicana.

I was uncomfortable at Bwppi, and super uncomfortable at DI&S.

I thought the Fairfield had really comfy beds this month. Hojo beds were passable but a downgrade (did a split stay). I haven't stayed at BWPPI since fall 2021 due to their beds being atrocious, but perhaps they've been replaced since then (or I had a bad mattress).

I have a bad back and am very picky about hotel beds. I found the beds at Best Western Anaheim Plus Inn to be very comfortable. It's a 2 minute walk to the Disneyland entrance on Harbor.

CCI, of course! I thought they were always good but now that they are all brand new, even better! When CCI was closed, we stayed at Hyatt House which was good too.

Ixnay on Desert Inn…like a 50-year-old motel bed out on Route 66 somewhere! Thank goodness that was a short trip (first trip back after COVID), and I was rope dropping til close so i basically just conked out !

CCI, of course! I thought they were always good but now that they are all brand new, even better! When CCI was closed, we stayed at Hyatt House which was good too.

Ixnay on Desert Inn…like a 50-year-old motel bed out on Route 66 somewhere! Thank goodness that was a short trip (first trip back after COVID), and I was rope dropping til close so i basically just conked out !
I forgot to mention Hyatt House. They have great beds!

Definitely not a 10 minute walk, but if you’re willing to walk longer (through downtown Disney to the monorail or take transportation there), I think the heavenly beds at the Westin might just be worth it. I had the best nights sleep there. And they give you lavender oil to help you fall asleep. Not that you’ll need it because those beds truly are heavenly.

Definitely not a 10 minute walk, but if you’re willing to walk longer (through downtown Disney to the monorail or take transportation there), I think the heavenly beds at the Westin might just be worth it. I had the best nights sleep there. And they give you lavender oil to help you fall asleep. Not that you’ll need it because those beds truly are heavenly.
Unfortunately, beginning January 2024, Westin has changed out their bedding chain-wide and the heavenly bedding isn't quite as heavenly. :( They have replaced the down pillows with foam and no option to request a down pillow from the front desk. The down comforter is gone also and the sheets are not quite as nice as the previous ones IMO. I don't think the mattresses have been changed though.
Very sad bc I loved those heavenly beds!

Unfortunately, beginning January 2024, Westin has changed out their bedding chain-wide and the heavenly bedding isn't quite as heavenly. :( They have replaced the down pillows with foam and no option to request a down pillow from the front desk. The down comforter is gone also and the sheets are not quite as nice as the previous ones IMO. I don't think the mattresses have been changed though.
I actually belted out the loudest “Nooooooo!” when I read this. Why would they do that?! Well in that case, the walk is way too far and I hated having to cross Katella especially at night with my kids. The beds (those pillows and the bedding especially!) totally made up for all that walking though. Sigh. All my favorite things are going away.

Doesn’t it always boggle your mind when a brand has something really going for it, that people love and tell other people about thereby giving it more customers AND THEN THEY GO AND GET RID OF IT?????? I mean, I just don’t understand. They are a higher end property that I think people expect more luxurious accommodations from so why downgrade At the risk of alienating your customer base? Go figure. Sorry to hear that.

Doesn’t it always boggle your mind when a brand has something really going for it, that people love and tell other people about thereby giving it more customers AND THEN THEY GO AND GET RID OF IT?????? I mean, I just don’t understand. They are a higher end property that I think people expect more luxurious accommodations from so why downgrade At the risk of alienating your customer base? Go figure. Sorry to hear that.
I bet its a cleanliness issue? I know most hotels do not wash comforters often and maybe with down comforters it makes it even harder to clean?

We ended up booking Anaheim Desert Inn and Candy Cane so prob going to cancel the desert inn since I read the beds suck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter