Hotels within an hour

beachteachlv

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone. Usually we stay at one of the hotels on Harbor, but this trip we will be without kids so exploring saving $$ and staying further away.

How “bad” is driving to the parks and parking? We are just doing one day, so we will be there open to close. It will be a Saturday in June (no grad night).

What areas within an hour or less are best to explore? Any hotel suggestions? Or is it worth the extra $200 or so to stay walking distance regardless of not having the kids with us?

Any insight appreciated!

Are you doing anything else in the L.A. area that you'd like to stay close to? What kind of lodging are you looking for (hotel? motel? what amenities?), and in what price range?

Are you doing anything else in the L.A. area that you'd like to stay close to? What kind of lodging are you looking for (hotel? motel? what amenities?), and in what price range?

No, we live in Vegas so just driving over for this. Don’t need anything fancy just a safe and clean location. $100-120/night to make it worth staying further away.

We just spent a night at the Comfort Inn Anaheim Resort on Katella before check-in at the Grand the next morning. Ticked our boxes of free parking and breakfast in the morning, and the price was right. I'm "local" (up in LA), but we figured we'd save the 35-40 minutes of driving time Sunday morning. It was like an 8 minute drive over to the Grand in the morning.

I have stayed several times at the Holiday Inn Express in Garden Grove then drove in...when I had parking on my AP I actually preferred to drive in rather than hike to the parks if we weren't staying right on Harbor so that opened up the hotel options a ton as it dd not really matter if it was a 5 min drive or 15 min drive in to us.

We just spent a night at the Comfort Inn Anaheim Resort on Katella before check-in at the Grand the next morning. Ticked our boxes of free parking and breakfast in the morning, and the price was right. I'm "local" (up in LA), but we figured we'd save the 35-40 minutes of driving time Sunday morning. It was like an 8 minute drive over to the Grand in the morning.
Were you on the freeway side? If so, was it loud? Thinking of staying here but lots of reviews saying the freeway side is very loud. Thanks!!

Were you on the freeway side? If so, was it loud? Thinking of staying here but lots of reviews saying the freeway side is very loud. Thanks!!
We paid a little extra (I think like $8) for guaranteed "city side." Worth it! Didn't hear any outside noise (we were on the 3rd or 4th floor)!

Okay I lied 🤣 We DID hear the fireworks going off, but unfortunately couldn't really see them!
Oh! We don’t mind hearing fireworks! DH is a light sleeper, so I think the freeway noise all night would be an issue. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter