Hourly Weather App?

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
What is a good weather app for Florida? Looking for one that is fast, simple, accurate, and updates often. I remember seeing one that said something like "rain starting in 30 minutes" . Weather.com has too many ads.

Really good question. I was thinking the same thing. In our Midwest area I always used the app AccuWeather and it said "rain starting in 30 minutes". Then suddenly my app disappeared. Weird.
I would like Disney weather showing RADAR (how soon to start taking cover or digging for the poncho).

I have StormRadar. It has a time lapse map where you can see the storms, to get a better idea of when they will hit and how long they will last.

We are local and have Dark Sky on our iDevices. Works pretty well.

I use Dark Sky and Weather Underground so I can pick a local weather station. I also use an app called Rain Alarm that I can set a range window for alerts and for Thunderstorms too.

Lifeguards at Boardwalk Inn recommended WeatherBug. They said that is what is used to track lightning in terms of opening/reopening pools.

Lifeguards at Boardwalk Inn recommended WeatherBug. They said that is what is used to track lightning in terms of opening/reopening pools.
Disney utilizes other resources to determine when to open/close pools and attractions. The decision comes from a centralized location. Originally it was in the MK under the castle but that has probably changed by now. From there, the affected areas are notified by radio.

What are you looking for the app to do? I am a meteorologist and I use RadarScope to monitor/track storms on radar. It will put your point on the map using GPS.

If you have an apple device, Dark Sky has been the most useful. When other apps could use that API, others were better, but in terms of “it will rain in 12 minutes” type information, Dark Sky is the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter