House Hunters!

dpuck1998

<font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen
Anyone watch house hunters on HGTV? There was a girl moving to New Orleans that was a "disney nut". Her entire house was mickey/disney decorations. Just wondering if she is out here on the DIS and if anyone else has seen this episode!

I saw it too. I think it's cute when people say that have a Disney room. Her entire house was done with Mickey! She's gonna have to buy new everything if she ever outgrows that. :goodvibes

She was going to law school... can you imagine if a future client who didn't get the whole Disney thing saw her house? :rotfl:

Yea, she wasn't working and just bought a very pricey condo. I missed the first few minutes so I don't know where she got the money for this place. I can't imagine spending that much cash, my house is 5000 sqft on a golf course and was less than her condo. She must have had some family money and/or hit the lotto ;-)

Haven't seen this one but I saw a show on A&E called "Big Spender" The guy gets families out of debt and helps their finances. They showcased one family that decided to skip their monthly house payment to take a trip to Disneyworld. The guy made them sell off their "time-share in Florida" I always wondered if they were DVC members!!!

Anyone watch house hunters on HGTV? There was a girl moving to New Orleans that was a "disney nut". Her entire house was mickey/disney decorations. Just wondering if she is out here on the DIS and if anyone else has seen this episode!

Don't get me wrong, I love Mickey Mouse. But OMG, this girl's house was over the top. Wallpaper, border, tin pressed ceiling with a Mickey head pattern. The children's Mickey TV on the stand?? A closet the size of my bedroom completely packed full of Mickey Mouse plushes, statuettes, etc. Mickey Mouse shaped topiaries in the front garden. Mickey head shape mirrors on the wall. Mickey "everything" in the kitchen. Mickey rugs and her dog was named Walter. I love her devotion, but YIKES.

I have Tinkerbell stencils in my bathroom and it is painted a soft lavender and soft green. That's the extent of my Disney decorating in my house.

As far as how she afforded it, I believe she was in her late 30s and had probably worked up until that point. She sold a home in Vegas (moved in with friends before moving to NOLA) which was probably considerably more expensive. I was happy she decided not to move to the French Quarter though. Could you imagine living there during Mardi Gras?? Accck! :scared1:

As far as how she afforded it, I believe she was in her late 30s and had probably worked up until that point. She sold a home in Vegas (moved in with friends before moving to NOLA) which was probably considerably more expensive. I was happy she decided not to move to the French Quarter though. Could you imagine living there during Mardi Gras?? Accck! :scared1:

I don't know about you, but I couldn't afford 600,000 at 30 something...but I understand what you mean. Not to mention the small fortune in mickey decorations..the arbor outside, the topiary, I do have one of those :-) and the furniture...wow.

I did have some intial thoughts about that balcony in the french quarter as soon as she stepped onto it! How about the front door opening into the bedroom...interesting....can't believe she almost bought that one and the realtor had to talk her out of it.

Several years ago, when my wife and I were first contemplating a move to Central Florida, we looked at new construction up SR 535 (Apopka-Vineland Road) near WDW.

The builder's sales agent told us that one couple to whom she had sold had their entire house decorated in a Disney theme--Mickey, Minnie, etc.

It all sounded rather 'much' to us then and now, as well......

I don't know about you, but I couldn't afford 600,000 at 30 something...but I understand what you mean. Not to mention the small fortune in mickey decorations..the arbor outside, the topiary, I do have one of those :-) and the furniture...wow.

I did have some intial thoughts about that balcony in the french quarter as soon as she stepped onto it! How about the front door opening into the bedroom...interesting....can't believe she almost bought that one and the realtor had to talk her out of it.

The townhome she ended up purchasing was $259,000 (still a lot!!) and the loft she considered buying in the French Quarter was $305,000. I love the topiary too and absent all the rest of that stuff, I'm sure would have been a charming addition to any front yard.

If anyone is interested in seeing it (it is a sight to behold), here's the air times for the next month.

AIR TIMES:
• October 11, 2007 10:30 PM ET/PT
• October 12, 2007 2:30 AM ET/PT
• October 14, 2007 7:30 PM ET/PT
• November 12, 2007 10:00 PM ET/PT
• November 13, 2007 2:00 AM ET/PT

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_hnt/episode/0,1806,HGTV_3855_50779,00.html

Subscribing so i remember to watch next month! LOL Gotta see this house now!! Although, i am afraid i may really like it!! ;)

Personally, I liked it - it's definitely much better than the Disney tattoo guy's house - that guy's house is just way too cluttered.

The townhome she ended up purchasing was $259,000 (still a lot!!) and the loft she considered buying in the French Quarter was $305,000. I love the topiary too and absent all the rest of that stuff, I'm sure would have been a charming addition to any front yard.

If anyone is interested in seeing it (it is a sight to behold), here's the air times for the next month.

AIR TIMES:
• October 11, 2007 10:30 PM ET/PT
• October 12, 2007 2:30 AM ET/PT
• October 14, 2007 7:30 PM ET/PT
• November 12, 2007 10:00 PM ET/PT
• November 13, 2007 2:00 AM ET/PT

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_hnt/episode/0,1806,HGTV_3855_50779,00.html

I must have mixed her up with another house or episode I was watching...

I did'nt think her house was 'over the top' :rotfl2:
I saw that episode, did you see her closet filled with stuff, that she still had'nt put out. :thumbsup2

I did'nt think her house was 'over the top' :rotfl2:
I saw that episode, did you see her closet filled with stuff, that she still had'nt put out. :thumbsup2

Where do you even get a mickey stamped tin ceiling?? That had to be custom...I'm calling Roy and telling him about it!!

I saw the episode with the lady going to law school. As much as I love WDW and everything Disney, her home was awful. Awful is a bit extreme. It was not my taste. She was over the top and a lot of it looked as if a child did the decorating, the room with all the Mickeys. I will say that the mirror display in her living room was done well. That was a nice Disney touch. I was excited to see another Disney fan. My husband thinks I'm the only one ;) that's a Disney fan.

PS- In case you are wondering my home is not decorated in the Disney Theme.

Subscribing so i remember to watch next month! LOL Gotta see this house now!! Although, i am afraid i may really like it!! ;)

We also saw the Show!

We went OMG!
She had some awesome stuff?

We have Been to a condo just behind MK, Can see wishes from the back yard!

Every room is Disney themed, one bed room has cruise line stuff.. other wilderness lodge bed and themed

It was awesome!!!

I would LOVE to have my entire house decorated in Mickey Mouse decor!!!! Hopefully one day I will be able to do it. But, I have to do it little by little so I don't drive my DH crazy! LOL :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter