Housekeeping Envelopes

PTarbay

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is a site you can go to to print housekeeping envelopes with Universal characters similar to the Disney ones?Thanks

Hi,

We never found one but we made our own up with pics of Spidey etc on them.

Strangely enough, they were never taken by the maid, except when we moved to Club Level.

We left them in "obvious" places but they were just moved to the side.

Yes,

They clearly said "for the maid" and housekeeping on them.

I didn't know if there was a policy against this or they'd expected a tip at the end of the stay.

I think the envelope idea is a very nice one. Perhaps if you were to write on the envelopes in Spanish they would have realized what they were for. We just left cash in the sink area and that was understood to be a tip.

I think that's a good idea.The ones I printed out for Disney said for the maid in english and Spanish.

I used the Disney ones as a template and added Xmas Grinch (I found on the Internet) for our December stay!!! I've never found a website with Universal envelopes!

Originally posted by PTarbay
I think that's a good idea.The ones I printed out for Disney said for the maid in english and Spanish.

How do you say "for the maid" in Spanish? Sorry, but I took French in high school.

AltaVista's Bablefish will translate english to spanish:

http://world.altavista.com/

And for the "Mousekeeper Envelopes", here are a couple of sites I found

http://users.adelphia.net/~heidiw/main.html (there is a category for holidays, and since we'll be there the week before Christmas, I used different holiday pics for each envelop)

http://www.disneydollarless.com/mousekeeping.shtml

If these don't give you wat you want, just go to your search engine (I used Yahoo) and type in "mousekeeping envelopes" and a bunch of sites come up.

For the maid = Para la criada

off2disney,

Thanks for the websites to get envelopes! :)

Guys,

Just to respect all nations, put it in english, spanish and haitian.

If you only put it in one language it can be seen as stereotypical and offensive.

Just thought I would add that. Not trying to down anyone or start anything.

I have never printed envelopes, love the idea and may try it this trip. I always take a piece of the hotel stationary, draw a big smiley face with the words thank you ,put the $ on top of that and leave it on my pillow. They have always taken it no matter where I was staying.

Spidey, thanks for the suggestion, its a good one!

I agree with SH....don't assume the nationality of your maid. I left a tip for the maid and english PG tips tea bags in an envelope with a big "thankyou" the day before we left on top of the bed. She left me a note saying thank you back....:D

I'm just wondering what everyone tips the housekeeping staff? We're going in August and will have 2 rooms.

We usually leave $5 a day for 4 people in the room.

Thanks!!! Should I assume the same housekeeping person would do both rooms? I can leave one envelope with the money for both rooms, or should I leave an envelope in each room?

Thanks.

It should be the same person to clean both rooms but to be safe I would leave it seperate in each room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter